Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is Spearmint Working For Me?

I'm taking Spearmint with PM and I'm not sure if it's anti-androgenic effect is working effectively for me. I haven't noticed any difference to body hair growth at all, it's still grows back as quickly and as thick as it ever did.

I've been on my program for 4 months (I started with Saw Palmetto but switched to Spearmint not long after).

I have been using Swanson "Full Spectrum Spearmint (Leaf)".

I tried reading Lotus's Anti-Androgen thread but it's like rocket science to me...

(13-09-2014, 12:09 AM)JosephineDreams Wrote:  I'm taking Spearmint with PM and I'm not sure if it's anti-androgenic effect is working effectively for me. I haven't noticed any difference to body hair growth at all, it's still grows back as quickly and as thick as it ever did.

I've been on my program for 4 months (I started with Saw Palmetto but switched to Spearmint not long after).

I have been using Swanson "Full Spectrum Spearmint (Leaf)".

I tried reading Lotus's Anti-Androgen thread but it's like rocket science to me...

How much spearmint are you taking? For me and I think for others the most noticeable effect of using spearmint is a decline in libido. However, the highest dosage of spearmint I've taken on a daily basis is 800 mg. If I recall correctly, Abidrew has used about 3x that amount. Perhaps if your dosage is closer to Abidrew's range than mine, the reduction in hair growth as a result of spearmint may be more distinct. If you have the money and patience I would suggest looking into methods like lasering to significantly reduce unwanted hair.

I have been taking 6x 400mg capsules so I guess that is the same as Abidrew, but I decided to cut that in half recently since I thought it was probably too much. I was just wondering if it was having the desired effect, it is difficult to say short of a blood test!

I'm wondering.. have you shave or waxed and noticed a slower hair growth rate? or are u waiting for the hair to fall off??

im kinda on the same boat as you.. I'm going to start taking Saw Palmetto soon, and am hoping for slower hair growth on my face & body..
but i think I'm going to use spear mint as well.. i want to get a body wash and lotion and use it every day. i had a spearmint soap, but i used it all.. i haven't noticed a difference in my body hair growth, but then again, i haven't shave in about 2 weeks lol

maybe including an aromatase booster w/ the spearmint might help

im gona do the spearmint, saw palmetto, and foods that inhibit DHT
along w/ foods that are aromatase boosters, and look into evening primrose or borage or another aromatase booster herb.

anyways, i hope it works for you... good luck xoxox

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon