Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Petition to stop the Gadhimai Slaughter Festival in November.

Exclamation 

Hi all,
I just had to share this with everyone because it is heartbreaking. It brings tears to my eyes.

I just signed a petition to end the Gadhimai "Sacrificial" Slaughter - a cruel brutal event that takes place in Nepal every 5 years.

"In an unparalleled religious madness, in Nepal, a Hindu festival calls for a mass animal sacrifice which is considered to be the world's goriest mass killing of animals.

A few hundred thousands buffaloes, pigs, goats, pigeons, rabbits and chickens are killed as part of the blood-soaked festival held every five years".

It is due to happen again in November.

Please click here: http://action.ciwf.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=119&ea.campaign.id=29144 to sign.

Thank you so much guys.

I'm confused. I thought Hindus didn't eat meat or didn't kill animals, because they were scared of karma through reincarnation.

(17-09-2014, 11:19 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  I'm confused. I thought Hindus didn't eat meat or didn't kill animals, because they were scared of karma through reincarnation.

You are right. That is partly what makes this cruelty so sad. Most Hindus are against the cruel treatment of all animals - and find this "festival" very upsetting. There is actually a peaceful protest/rally taking place in London later this week, where Hindu religious speakers will be speaking out against the cruelty and suffering that these poor trapped animals are forced to endure. Many of these animals are killed in front of their own babies, while their babies are calling out for them. It is heartbraking.

The more signatures that this petition gets from animal lovers around the world, the better, so please sign guys.

Kami. x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon