Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Kate von Roeder

Kate Von-Roeder, 27, best known in Dota 2 as jerleminara, committed suicide at her Hollywood home, the Los Angeles County Coroner office has confirmed.

In a suicide note she posted on Facebook she describes her living with depression for 19 years and the struggle she had with her transition.
Source: Kate Von-Roeder Facebook

Be warned it is hard to read the comments from her friends trying to stop her.

Kate Von-Roeder was a technical analyst for Riot Games until September 2013. She was most recently a Software Engineer at Talenthouse and was also a commentator for the competitive video game Dota 2.

As someone that struggles with depression, it's disheartening to see someone else lose their fight against it.

It's made me realise that I should grab the opportunities to become the person I should be, because ultimately if I don't try, I will continue to live a life of misery that I too will eventually end.

If I try and fail, at least I can say I tried.

Denita

It is very sad. The fact she planned this for a while including the waiting period she was determined. I wish someone had fiqured out what she was planning.

Oh, God, this is horrible. I am sitting in my office at work. I cant fucking stop crying. That poor girl. God I hate what all this does to us.
Denita...you ever need to talk yourself you pm me, ok?

I found this incredibly sad because she is so young and obviously a highly intelligent and talented person. I have a huge empathy with her suffering at the hands of depression because I recognise my struggle. I understand how it feels when your whole existence is nothing but suffering and pain. You have no hope anything will ever improve and you just want it to stop. Yet, so far, my experience says things can improve.

Her paragraph about friends really hit me. I too have various issues and reasons why I have problems with making friends. As it stands at the moment I have 0 real life friends. Again though this is something that can improve and I am trying.

I also think that from the comments on her facebook and twitter accounts she had people that cared and would have helped her.
Sometimes depression prevents acceptance regardless of the help offered.

Her suicide does seem to have started discussion of the problems transgender people face.
Transgender Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Suicide Note On Facebook

(03-10-2014, 10:35 AM)RobinMurphy Wrote:  It is very sad. The fact she planned this for a while including the waiting period she was determined. I wish someone had fiqured out what she was planning.

I think even if someone had figured out what she was planning it was likely to end out the same way. She had made her decision.

(03-10-2014, 02:26 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Oh, God, this is horrible. I am sitting in my office at work. I cant fucking stop crying. That poor girl. God I hate what all this does to us.
Denita...you ever need to talk yourself you pm me, ok?

I'm sorry it's upset you, it an incredibly sad story.

It is horrible what this does to us, but to me it puts into context how hard this is and how incredible everyone is. Everyone should be proud of themselves, each day that you battle your demons and don't give up, is a triumph.

Thank you Samantha. Will do. Thank you.

Denita

(03-10-2014, 07:26 AM)Denita Wrote:  As someone that struggles with depression, it's disheartening to see someone else lose their fight against it.

I second this. It's a very tragic ending for a person to succumb to.

I just couldn't read it. I got as far as the waiting period and shotgun and I couldn't go any farther. I used to think (like most of the general population who don't understand GI issues) that it was a perverted choice we make, a fetish that we SHOULD be able to control. But now I'm furious! Why the hell would anyone choose this torment? Why would we choose the rejection? Why would we "mutilate" our bodies, spend ten's of thousands of dollars or ultimately end our own lives for a stupid fetish or perversion? WE WOULDN'T!!! What's wrong with people?!?! Why can't they accept TG as a normal fact of the human spectrum? Why must so many die?

Danita, you DO have REAL friends here. I know an, in-the-flesh friend is different but I'd got to the ends of the Earth for YOU if I knew you were on the verge of doing something to yourself. And that goes for the rest of you too. Please, let's all stick together. Some day this storm will end and TG's wont have to be ashamed anymore. Until then, we need to stick together. This is a fact: MY life has been changed by this forum and all of you have played a part. You are all valuable to me and have helped me more than you will ever know. I haven't responded (can't respond) to everyone's comments and posts but they have all helped me through many difficult times. I thank God for all of you.

(04-10-2014, 05:04 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  I just couldn't read it. I got as far as the waiting period and shotgun and I couldn't go any farther. I used to think (like most of the general population who don't understand GI issues) that it was a perverted choice we make, a fetish that we SHOULD be able to control. But now I'm furious! Why the hell would anyone choose this torment? Why would we choose the rejection? Why would we "mutilate" our bodies, spend ten's of thousands of dollars or ultimately end our own lives for a stupid fetish or perversion? WE WOULDN'T!!! What's wrong with people?!?! Why can't they accept TG as a normal fact of the human spectrum? Why must so many die?

Danita, you DO have REAL friends here. I know an, in-the-flesh friend is different but I'd got to the ends of the Earth for YOU if I knew you were on the verge of doing something to yourself. And that goes for the rest of you too. Please, let's all stick together. Some day this storm will end and TG's wont have to be ashamed anymore. Until then, we need to stick together. This is a fact: MY life has been changed by this forum and all of you have played a part. You are all valuable to me and have helped me more than you will ever know. I haven't responded (can't respond) to everyone's comments and posts but they have all helped me through many difficult times. I thank God for all of you.

I don't blame you. It had me in floods of tears.

I believe the reasons people can't accept TG as a normal are religious beliefs, upbringing, lack of understanding and education. Some are scarred because they don't understand our motives or reasons, they think we are some sort of threat to them and their morality. Some simply can't deal with anything they see as outside of normal. Some see a minority and use it as an excuse to target hate for their own self gratification.

Kari. Thank you. I too can say my life has been changed by this forum.

The sad story of Kate Von-Roeder has helped to bring some of my thoughts into focus.

Denita

Second time I've cried today. Jessica being the other.

I had a brother in law that took this way just 2 days before 9/11.
His battle was alcohol...and a better friend and finer person never walked this earth.

I can only hope Kate found her peace.
One can never understand what drives someone to do these things.
Sad....so damn sad.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon