Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Transgender

The people of North Carolina are standing-up to a new anti-LGBT-law in a big-way:

http://www.upworthy.com/the-people-of-north-carolina-are-standing-up-to-a-new-anti-lgbt-law-in-a-big-way?c=upw1&u=54dedb7597ebec1b09c78f9003cbc43791f2fd73

The Science of Transgender:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news...r-20140730

Why Conservatives Increasingly Care Where You Pee:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...e-20160308

(08-04-2016, 05:47 AM)pom19 Wrote:  Why Conservatives Increasingly Care Where You Pee:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...e-20160308

Yeah, the whole manufactured "RIGHT/LEFT" CONservative/LIEberal farce is getting to me.
TRANSParent comes to mind (Season 1, forget the ep, the girls are out and need to pee. For those who don't know, the dad is Transsexual, and old + pre-op if not non-op. And some twit throws a fit because her angelic daughters - dressed like teenage hos - are going to be TRAUMATIZED by a MAN using the women's room - as a woman. I lie on the conservative political spectrum - note the small c - and I'm in full agreement: He's no perv, and Momma, you're bringin' your daughters up to show more skin then a hooker on 42nd street. I think you have bigger issues than worrying about someone's genetics, especially since you didn't know by looking... So, what, are the CONs going to implement the Toilet Safety Agency (South Park)? Or maybe Potty Police? Maybe we could take the conservative/libertarian position, and MYOB!? Nah, that's too HUMAN... )

/rant.

You can never set your expectations for humans low enough, I fear. You STILL get disappointed.

BTW - Same sort of bill is headed to Beacon Hill in Beantown. Even the Blue Bloods and their LIEberal sycophants can't get it right here. The fear-mongering is about as bad as the gun ads in a gun magazine... a Pervert in every male body, we just need to catch 'em!

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

/rant again. Shutting up now.
:-(

-Dianna

These efforts are nothing more than the latest attempts to legislate hate. "Conservatives" have been secretly stewing in hatred for seven years over the election of a black person to the presidency and they're just looking for someone pick on. Transgender people seem like an easy target. These are just proposed laws that solve no existing problem. It's just evil people with oddly displaced anger.

(08-04-2016, 02:45 PM)Wannabe Wrote:  These efforts are nothing more than the latest attempts to legislate hate. "Conservatives" have been secretly stewing in hatred for seven years over the election of a black person to the presidency and they're just looking for someone pick on. Transgender people seem like an easy target. These are just proposed laws that solve no existing problem. It's just evil people with oddly displaced anger.

Well, I'll just say, I think he's a traitor, and his words and actions match that conclusion.
Not that the previous ones are any LESS vile - just less obvious.
I didn't give a rat's tuckus for his skin color. Larry Elder, Ben Carson, Allen B. West: Remind me how "racist' conservatives are? As opposed to Sanders and Clinton, in the "Big Tent" inclusive party...?

The rest I agree with, but - I'm not a psychopath, and don't see a reason to hassle the average person.
OTOH, a real problem? A murderer, rapist, etc? Harsh punishment for real crimes.
That would put our entire government in prison, though.... ;-)

-D

The rant has taken hold, careening about like a derailed roller coaster! The legislation proposed by conservatives seems on point, but defensive politics jumped in, and have nothing to do with the topic.

The potty police legislation does seem to be reactionary politics, as a rejectionist response to the recent changes coming from the courts and administration. I believe it is a lot like the reaction of some southern politicians to civil rights legislation of a half century ago. It will fail, ultimately, because it is based on prejudice rather than fairness.

What they do not understand they fear.
Nothing is more powerful than an Idea whose time has come. Voltaire

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon