Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

some food for thought

Someone I have not particularly liked in the past posted this on another website. I guess I need to think about her again, and in a new light..

Its worth your time.

http://www.annelawrence.com/sermon.html

With much fear and trepidation, I started reading, bracing for the inevitable slew of things I disagree with but much to my surprise, I found myself agreeing with most of it. I have often pondered the "God is male" dogma but within the last year, I had an epiphany... what does God need a penis for? Personally, I don't think he is either gender but rather the essence of BOTH genders in one package. What "he" had for equipment under "his" tunic while on earth is debatable I guess but it doesn't really matter if you pay attention to his message, the overarching theme of it being, "I love you more than enough to die for you, as you are, not as you should be". Which I believe, he did. And all that he asks for in return is that we reciprocate that love with "him".

Much like the author of this sermon, I have found peace with my transgendered self and believe that God, when "he" was done creating me (with the help of my parents of course), stepped back and said, "Kari is good! I LOVE the mix of emotions, talents, personality and heart I have assembled in this being and I'm already proud of who she will become." "He" is mine and I am "His" bride. ...It's a beautiful romance.

...Boy, I sure hope my comments aren't the most offensive thing you've read recently. Smile

I also saw this on another site and when I read it I thought oh that is what I'm feeling shame. I never narrowed it down to that I came out to my best female friend a couple of days ago, and she gets mad about all of hang ups over all of this. I said to her that this is embarrassing which is the same as shame I just never thought of it like that. I think the other thing I feel is fear of the outcome. Fear of not going forward and also fear of going forward. Robin.

Kari...love the idea of you in a bridal gown! Can I be a bridesmaid? Tongue

And Robin, that is so cool that you came out to your girlfriend. Sounds like it went well. Awesome!Wink

Hi Sammie I also came out to my boss and she could not been nicer about it. Both people I came out to were very accepting and encouraging about it. I'm not going to push my luck that is all for now, and I told both of them to not tell anyone. If it would come out I not really worried about it is who I am whether I go further with this whole thing or not. Hugs Robin.

(23-10-2014, 06:44 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Someone I have not particularly liked in the past posted this on another website. I guess I need to think about her again, and in a new light..

Its worth your time.

http://www.annelawrence.com/sermon.html

One thing that this crazy journey of mine has made me revert to is to examine my religious beliefs or deficiencies therein. What follows is strictly my own view; I apologize in advance if I offend any one's sensibilities.

By way of background, my paternal grandfather was an Anglican bishop, and my maternal grandfather was a convinced Unitarian although philosophical about my mother becoming an Anglican. Personally I have always had difficulty with the concept of the Trinity, particularly as it was controversially codified by members of the early Christian church centuries after the death of Jesus. Thus I see it as an artificial, human generated construct, and unconvincing to me. More recently I have been reflecting that the personification of God as found in conventional mainstream flavors of Christian orthodoxy makes them all human constructs of dubious validity.

The 'sermon' above largely suffers from just this same personification problem, although the construct is rightly more inclusive, and the author does acknowledge the, to me, much more acceptable views of Nietzsche and the ancient Hebrews,

I was brought up in the 'odor of sanctity', with the first house I remember living in being a twelth century bishop's palace, in which for a short while I was babysat and told stories by C.S.Lewis himself, and I later went to a school which took its music and particularly its religious music and its presentation very seriously indeed (I was thrown out of the school choir for 'untidy praying'). I did come to wonder whether, with all the ceremony and music, however much one enjoyed it, God did somehow get pushed to one side.

I think that my paternal grandfather was to some extent aware of this problem, but then on the other hand he clearly got a great deal of pleasure for example out of his enthronement at Hereford, in the same chair in which allegedly King Stephen was crowned in 1135, and holding an illuminated medieval bible. I myself get great pleasure and fascination out of owning a 1615 'breeches' bible although it is in very poor condition.

I'm sorry, I've wandered way off topic, but what it comes down to is that I can't give much intellectual weight to any human constructed dicta relating to people's innate sexual or gender orientation. We're much better sticking to 'I am what I am' and respecting our fellow humans.

I'm not sure who we're afraid we'll offend Annie but it seems like any time religion is discussed, offenses seem to happen. For the record, I'm not the least bit offended by what you've said. Maybe it's the estrogen [hehe], maybe it's just maturity, but I can appreciate differences in opinion regarding religion and think I know how to talk about it (and listen) without starting arguments.

I must say though, I'm really jealous that you were babysat by C.S. Lewis! That's so amazing!!! I love what books of his I have read and to be able to say I was baby sat by him!?! The obvious question begs to be asked, did he tell you lots of stories?

(26-10-2014, 01:57 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  I'm not sure who we're afraid we'll offend Annie but it seems like any time religion is discussed, offenses seem to happen. For the record, I'm not the least bit offended by what you've said. Maybe it's the estrogen [hehe], maybe it's just maturity, but I can appreciate differences in opinion regarding religion and think I know how to talk about it (and listen) without starting arguments.

I must say though, I'm really jealous that you were babysat by C.S. Lewis! That's so amazing!!! I love what books of his I have read and to be able to say I was baby sat by him!?! The obvious question begs to be asked, did he tell you lots of stories?

Unfortunately I have no direct memories - I was only about three years old at the time. Archbishop Temple of Canterbury died in 1943, and at one time my grandfather had been tipped to become his successor. As I understand it, C.S.Lewis was sent down to Hereford to 'vet' his suitability as a candidate for the job, although I would have thought by then he was a non-starter because of health issues and because his wife, my grandmother, who was a doctor, had effectively left him and was living with another doctor on the south coast under the nominal excuse of doing her bit in the war effort. My mother was in effect standing in for her at the Palace after my father died and was terrified with the thought of having to entertain someone of C.S.Lewis's intellect. She was most relieved that he was happy to spend much of his time there telling me stories.
From what I have read of his writing, I get the impression that he may have had somewhat similar views to my own on the personification issue.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon