Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

would you change who you are?

As many have seen, and a few have commented, in the picture pages section, I've been more blessed than some others here. I present almost exclusively as female nowadays, but I can "guy up" as needed without raising questions, usually. I'm for more comfortable in less mannish attire though. This raises an interesting question.

Would you create a new you? I keep getting asked by the few people who knew me before when I'm going to start using a "girl name". I am finally comfortable being who I am, and part of who I am is the name I've answered to for over 30 years. It is the title by which I best society myself. I'm not just a man or woman. I am [name omitted]. What we're doing here is already in contrast to the social norms, going against their ideals. Should I concede this one to society?

I would say "Just be You" Cool
Society and their nonsensical BS can go to hell imho.

That's an interesting question that I've pondered myself. I have chosen a female name on here even though I would probably never use it in real life if I started presenting as female. I guess it's more of a temporary internet handle that I use to explore this space and experiment with female identity. I do actually like my given male name so it would be a shame to discard it, but might also cause a lot of confusion or upset if one day I was able to pass and present as female. I don't think there's anything wrong with straddling in between somehow, if that's possible, in which case using your male name would be perfectly fine and might actually be more honest (since you aren't trying to "trick" anyone).

It's a tough one but if you were called Alex or Ashley/Ashleigh we wouldn't be having this discussion Tongue

Just what is a name but which we are called ; a rose is still a rose no matter what you call it .

I should think that regardless of where I end up I would go by what I go by now. One, I am still me. Two, I go by my initials which happen to be used by men and women. Meaning I've met both named "X.X."

As mentioned already, just be you.

I always feel thats all I want, just to be me. If I want to dress like a GG and grow breasts then society should just except me. Unfortunately, for most of us that is not the case.

Given the chance in the real world, I would probably just use the female version of my birth name. If only just to stop people looking twice and asking questions.

Depends on how you wish to live. If you want to be an activist, draw attention, challenge social norms, and make people uncomfortable, all while outing yourself by choice, then keep your male name.

Personally, I prefer to blend in with a name that's more in line with how I present myself to society. Then again, I don't really find I have a lot in common with most transsexuals.

To each their own. I'd just prefer to live as the woman that I feel I really am rather than trying to make a statement or change the world. Maybe it's selfish. Lol...at any rate, I am still "who I am".

I'm telling you to change your name to etna. Lol

As Popeye said: “I am what I am, and that's all that I am.”

Be true to yourself, and do what you are comfortable doing. I've known men with what I would consider girly names and women with manly names. As you stated, it's just a title, so I for one would not concede this to societal rules.

For me on here my username is my real name, just added an i to the end. Plenty of people call me it already, so I guess I am fortunate in this fact if I ever reach your level.

I don't know how I missed this thread earlier, so sorry for the delayed response.

Etna,

To answer your question, no I wouldn't change who I am. I would worry I would make things worse than they are! Tongue

Seriously though, I find it far more practical to be accepting of my more misunderstood traits than wishing I was someone else. For instance, even during my pre-NBE days, I still wouldn't have wanted to eliminate my desire to crossdress. Despite its a taboo interest, I've found crossdressing as something that makes life more interesting. More often than not, I think this odd quirks or whatnot have a genuine purpose, even though it may be difficult to conceptualize.

Sarah,

I don't think you're selfish! [Image: smiley-angelic004.gif]

I have a couple friends I get together with....one GG and one CD, we have fun and party. I love it when they both use my name...Elaine.
It just completes how I'm dressed and how I feel.
Completes the whole sense of being who I really am inside.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon