Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

shame on me.

I think I just allowed my physical appearance to influence my professional performance.

I work retail, driving and arranging custom portrait frames. I took what probably should have been a $50 job and turned it into a $600 package, and I don't think the guy even noticed. He was too busy watching me to see anything I was doing with, to, and for his art.

His Problem, not yours if you ask me, I doubt your boss would care at that kind of increase in buisness. Big Grin

That's brilliant!! Good for you. There is nothing wrong with upselling a job.

Don't ever think you are using an unfair advantage. The customer always has the ability to say "No, thank you". If they let the "little heads" decision making ability to override the "big head" then that is their problem, not yours. Big Grin

I think all employees that have contact with customers are in a service industry and you would be giving bad service if you did not present options and potential improvement.

Denita

(29-11-2014, 02:34 AM)Demon Lord Etna Wrote:  I think I just allowed my physical appearance to influence my professional performance.

I work retail, driving and arranging custom portrait frames. I took what probably should have been a $50 job and turned it into a $600 package, and I don't think the guy even noticed. He was too busy watching me to see anything I was doing with, to, and for his art.

Good job girl! I'm not very social and I'm about to get thrown into a restaurant job, possibly serving as well, I hope I can have the courage to be outgoing enough to get some good tips! Could sure use the money! How did you do it, to upsale?

You are in retail and part of your job is to make/increase the sale. Nothing wrong with that, even if you did use some of your feminine charm on him! Big Grin

(29-11-2014, 09:44 AM)bustybride Wrote:  How did you do it, to upsale?

I don't really know.

I smiled because I enjoy my job.
I did the best work I can because I know my job.
I upgraded the glass because he wasn't paying attention and it looked better than basic stuff.

I didn't do anything different than I normally would. I just got away with it this time.

I don't think you done any thing wrong . So this time it cost him to stand and watch somebody's breast with the hope of seeing more than they intended them to see . It's not like you walked in and said you watch my breast and I'll cheat you some way .How does that go " why buy the cow when the milk is free " .

Etna, you just used your natural talent! Big Grin

what you did was no different than a pretty saleswoman saying to a person buying something "and for X extra we will throw in this extra feature" and the customer agreeing to it while staring at her/her breasts.

nothing wrong from your end etna.

Put your hand out here, so I can smack it..... LOL. If he's too busy looking at your "assets", then I figure he paid $600 for the privilege? Right?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon