Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hot flashes and other happenings...

Okay, so about a week ago I stopped taking PM because I have some upcoming medical tests. Starting on the second and continuing on the third and fourth nights I woke up after about 4 hours sleep hot, sweaty and thirsty. Also every morning I've woken up with my sinuses backed up and a slight headache.

I stopped cold turkey several months ago and can't recall this occurring then. I don't feel ill, no fever, no nausea.

So my question is: mere coincidence or withdrawal symptoms? Anyone else have similar experiences?

Not when I stopped taking PM, but lately I have been waking up dehydrated every night, even though I drink lots of water.

I woke up a few times with PMS-like hot flashes and nausea. But that was because 1) I upped my PM dosages so my body was most likely reacting to the shift in estrogen levels, and 2) made the mistake of taking the PM before sleeping (for some reason, I can't take PM and then go to sleep). The few times I took extended breaks, I went cold turkey and didn't have any of the symptoms you described. In fact, I didn't have any symptoms. So it looks like I'm little help.

How long were you on PM? If you were on PM for a long period of time then decided to go cold turkey this time, it may be your body reacting to higher T-levels. That would be my best guess. Or maybe you have a cold or sinus infection starting. It is the season for such. The best way to quash any fears would, obviously, be to see a doctor--especially if your symptoms intensify.

(12-12-2014, 09:15 PM)JosephineDreams Wrote:  Not when I stopped taking PM, but lately I have been waking up dehydrated every night, even though I drink lots of water.

I get the same thing when taking PM. Always notice it with my lips so I'm always licking them, but not enough to make them sore or chapped.

(12-12-2014, 10:05 PM)eloise614 Wrote:  How long were you on PM? If you were on PM for a long period of time then decided to go cold turkey this time, it may be your body reacting to higher T-levels. That would be my best guess. Or maybe you have a cold or sinus infection starting. It is the season for such. The best way to quash any fears would, obviously, be to see a doctor--especially if your symptoms intensify.

Thanks for the input. For this round it's been about eight weeks. I was thinking sinus infection but I've had plenty of them and usually only in the Spring. With that though it doesn't explain the sweats, at least to me, and mind you the room temp was about 68F!

A headache and waking up thirsty would seem like signs of dehydration. The night sweats can be the result of anxiety, hormonal imbalance, blood sugar levels out of wack, and a lot of other things. Like I said, if they continue, go see a doctor.

Don't some believe that hot flashes and night sweats in menopause are due to declining levels of estrogen?

(16-12-2014, 01:02 AM)MichelleM Wrote:  Don't some believe that hot flashes and night sweats in menopause are due to declining levels of estrogen?

I believe so, yes, which is what I was kind of thinking as the sudden stoppage of PM would cause a sudden imbalance.

(12-12-2014, 10:22 PM)eloise614 Wrote:  A headache and waking up thirsty would seem like signs of dehydration. The night sweats can be the result of anxiety, hormonal imbalance, blood sugar levels out of wack, and a lot of other things.

Definitely not dehydration as I drink 1 gallon+ of water a day. I'm leaning towards the hormone imbalance.

Anyways, it's been nearly a week without PM and there have been no more episodes. Dunno.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon