Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

This may explain some things?

I'm not suggesting that this changes the way we are. Just that some of us might want to know (as I do) why we may be the way we are. And for some, this knowledge/search may help them deal better with their GD and make decisions.

My mother told me many years ago that she was on DES during her problem pregnancy with me. She told me this since she had been alerted that I - as a DES male - might be more susceptible to testicular cancer. She gave me a fact sheet on "DES and males" and told me to check myself and have myself checked at physicals. I do not blame my mother for taking this drug, it was a popular drug to prescribe at that time, and I do not blame people for things that happen in life. I look at ways to move forward. With this in mind, my mother will likely never know about my GD (although she would be understanding).

Personally I would prefer not to have the GD symptoms, to just feel 100% male, but my GD is another thing in life that I need to deal with. This board, and the knowledge that DES may have played a role help me with dealing with it.

At this time I am off of PM, and trying to deal with my GD in other ways which include this board, research into GD, diet, exercise, meditation, and family and friends. I'm not saying that I will not be returning to PM, just that I am trying to deal with my GD in ways that do not cause physical changes that I would need to hide to live my life in the direction that I see it heading. I want to someday be a grandfather to my future grandchildren, I want to keep as much physical strength as possible, I want the male side of me to survive.

I know we are all different, and I have grown by reading others journeys with their GD which has helped me deal with my own GD. Thanks to all that post here, you do not know how much it has helped me. Also, I am not saying that any of us are broken, we are who we are, and we need to accept ourselves for who we are. For some us that may be dealing with GD and remaining as male as possible, and for others it may include complete transition.

Wishing everyone the best in their journeys,

Paul

I wonder if there is anything that can safely bind nueral estrogen receptors that doesn't have cause the physical changes?

It'd be nice to have the option, even if I am not sure if I would take it...

- Jade

(07-01-2015, 03:32 AM)Jaded Jade Wrote:  I wonder if there is anything that can safely bind neural estrogen receptors that doesn't have cause the physical changes?

This might work. (Good luck finding some, though.) "We recently discovered that ICI 182,780 (1), an antagonist of estrogen receptor (ER)-dependent proliferation in reproductive tissues, functions as an estrogenic agonist in primary neurons."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17696335

Read this in the first paragraph and stopped reading....

"A few years later its approval by the FDA was broadened to
include treatment of pregnant women for the purpose of PREVENTING MISCARRIAGES."

I know from talks with my mother she had several miscarriages, and after my younger brother was born she had a complete hysterectomy. Mind you I was born in 1971, so I'm wagering there is a good chance she was on this. Make me wonder if she'd remember being on it...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon