Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

An alternative view

A year ago when I started posting here, there were girls who had progressed to transitioning. At that time, I couldn't conceive of ever going that far myself, but I read their posts with interest. It's true there are more transitioning posters now than back then, but that may simply be a sign of the times.

I don't follow the breast growth threads anymore because I've moved past that phase in my life, as will most everyone who is transsexual. What I value most about BN is that it deals with a range of issues that help people to understand and deal with transgenderism in a serious way at various stages of their journeys. You don't find that on other (e.g., cross dresser) boards.

The volume, content and quality of posts will vary in time, of course. Be patient.

Clara Smile

(23-12-2014, 09:00 PM)Misty0732 Wrote:  When I first visited this forum two years ago, I found it largely frequented by genetic males who (for whatever reason) were seeking natural breast development.
...In the last few months things seem to have changed here.
...I feel that in some ways those of us who have not are being marginalized or excluded.
...I guess what I hope to present is that not everyone is going to be unhappy if they don't ultimately transition, and that the GD can be successfully managed in at least some individuals. If I had discovered this forum today that's not the viewpoint I would take away from the discussion. I think that's unfortunate because I am sure there are lurkers here who could benefit from the alternative perspective.

I couldn't agree more! Everything you've said is accurate (included the stuff I omitted for the sake of condensing your thought). Here's my two cents on what you've said. I can't speak for everyone but I at least, try to keep my comments in the Gender Identity sub forum and leave the other subs to those who are NOT pursuing transition. I also try to keep my responses to things appropriate to what the persons end goal is and it's also why I created my Narcissistic thread where I could say whatever I want. If someone doesn't relate to me, they can simply not read my thread. Lastly, if the members here who have the same goals as you do Misty would simply speak up, the forum would tip back in the other direction and those of us who are going farther would being to look like a minority. I hope there's room in her for both camps because I came here innocently enough with similar intentions as you have described, made a bunch of friends and "drifted" to where I am now. I can't think of anything position I took or spoke of here that I'd rescind and I respect all positions and people who are here.

P.S. I'm not trying to defend myself (I DON'T feel like you are accusing anyone).

P.P.S. pleeeeease don't ask for ANOTHER sub forum LOL Smile

(25-12-2014, 10:15 AM)MissC Wrote:  Gender does not dominate my life... it enhances it. It's not my life; it's part of life.

Nicely put. I think this statement is very fitting for me also.

Hi Misty,

I have been around this forum plenty long enough to have seen this conversation arise many times. It seems to come up regularly. Why? Because many people pass through this forum looking for answers and some who pursue this course end up pursuing transition. As many of them do so, they make close friends here and naturally wish to share their news with those friends and share in the similar findings of those with whom they have become friends. In that sense, the forum serves both as a clearing house for information on breast development but also as a social site for those engaged in it.
Over the years I have seen many people come and go. But one thing is fairly constant. Many people come here originally with no intention of "transitioning". Some never do while others change over time and proceed to do so. Why? I honestly do not know. I am not in possession of any definitive answer to this, and neither is anyone else. But we all have opinions (though some may state their opinions as fact...lol)
But to understand the possible answers it helps to define terms so we are on the same page.
Breasts do not grow on cis-male bodies through some magical process. They grow because the cismale hormonal balance is changed to reflect one that is more female in balance. This forum has copious information on that process.
Now, even within the greater TG community there is disagreement and misunderstanding on terminology. Many individuals continue to use transgender and transexual as identical, interchangeable words. But within the broader community it is generally found that the term TG is used as an umbrella term for all with some form of non binary gender identity situation, including CDs, Ts, and fetishists. Personally, I do not like labels much, so using TG as an umbrella term in this manner is very helpful to me as it negates the positive or negative connotations of all the other terms.
But in this sense, it also allows for use in describing anyone with a variety of situations all under one term. We are all, in that understanding, TG to one degree or another, from the person who merely underdresses with a pair of panties occasionally to the full blown, 24/7 post op TS (though some would argue that someone who is post op and 24/7 ceases to be TG and is simply the gender they want to be...food for another discussion...lol)
In much the same way, the term "transition" is used in different ways by different people. Some use it to imply a full move from one gender to another including SRS and going full time. But to others, "transition" implies a process, and may or may not be completed.
None the less, it is not a matter of opinion about breast growth, but simple chemistry. To grow breasts one must alter ones hormonal balance (unless using none herbal techniques such as suction). Altering ones hormonal balance may be done through pharma synthetics or through herbal substitutes. But the process is exactly the same. Lower testosterone and DHT, while increasing estrogen. This also affects the mental balance and GID, of course.
But what I am getting at is this...
Once you begin tinkering with your hormones, whether through herbs or pharma synthetics, you are, by the definition above (and, to me, common sense) entering a phase of transition.
So, given that, it is not a matter of which members are transitioning and which are simply growing breasts. Rather, we are all "in transition" to the degree that we are transforming our hormonal balance.
Now, some who come here will kid themselves that this is not true. And many will never travel far down this path. In fact, many, many who come here (myself included) come originally maintaining they are just here to "grow breasts" and have no intention of going further. I have heard this from countless people over the nearly five years I have been here. I said such things myself as little as two years ago. And many of those making such statements do indeed try this path for awhile then fall away having discovered it is not for them. But there are those who do go further, obviously. Inertia and habit tends to keep them here as here they have friends and community. I am part of that group as are others, though many who move on to pharma synthetics and the further facets of full transition eventually drift away having found other sites where there are more individuals with whom they now share more in common.
But no one says any one has to do anything. My gosh, we are all different, and all faced with unique situations in our lives and none of us can speak for anyone else but ourselves.
The only thing that can really be said in this discussion is that a good number of us who begin transition with herbs, discover as we continue that we want more. I do not believe this is the herbal balance changing who we are, but merely revealing to us who we are. For many, being trans is something that has been denied, blocked and buried. PM and other herbs often assist in removing some of the barriers to self understanding, leaving open a path to a healthier understanding of self. But for others, it reveals that interest in breasts is more of a fetish driven situation and once the process begins, the negatives outweigh the positives.
It is different for everyone. And for still others, a middle ground becomes viable wherein they may remain within "transition: virtually forever, using herbs or synthetics to balance a GID while maintaining two different facets of identity, both male and female. It all depends, as others have said, on the level of GID, and what it takes for someone to find balance in their life.
I in no way expect others to follow my path nor do I judge anyone who does not. lol...heck no.
But understanding the process is simply a matter of honesty. Calling a pig a rose does not make the pig smell better.
Growing breasts is "transition". The question is merely "how far will you go?"
And the answer is different for each of us.
Oh, and one last thing...it has also been commonly reported over the years that once embarking on a course of herbal HRT, a GID may diminish greatly, only to the increase again at a later date. Just a word of warning for what is worth. Your mileage may differ.

All the best to you in your journey, honey.

Thanks, Sammie... I have always valued your inputs. I do agree that all of us here (taking pharma HRT or PM) are indeed in transition. I remember starting a thread sometime a few months back saying essentially the same thing. I guess the difference between the "non-transitioners" and the "transitioners" is really the degree of the transition and the ultimate end-goal. Those of us who do not intend to legally change our names and present as female 24/7 are what I would call the "non-transitioners".

Still, I know that I am not the "man" I used to be. I am much more a woman who chooses to present as male (and who happens to have male genitalia). My primary reason, as I have stated before and share with many others, is that I am committed to a marriage and have family ties that I will not risk for the sake of making the full transition.

I know that there are others here who started out with basically the same plan (but since have gone much further). There are most likely others who originally thought that full transition was their goal and then changed their minds as they progressed. I don't (and can't) judge any of them as they must follow their own paths.

My wife is not supportive of full transition and so it is not an option for me. I love her more than my life itself and absolutely will not bring any pain on her, pain I know she will endure very deeply if I moved in that direction. I'm fortunate that the PM helps me control the GID to the point that I am comfortable with that decision. She knows about my GID and is supportive of my taking PM, growing breasts, and wearing women's undergarments and PJs. She very much prefers the person I am while on PM, even though she knows that I am slowing feminizing. So long as I remain her "husband" she is very supportive and we are very, very close.

As far as the conversations on this forum... I accept the positions and explanations stated. It is comforting and a relief to know that I remain welcome and can participate even though I have opted not to fully transition. I will continue to offer that alternative to others, especially new members. Not as competition to those fully transitioning nor to cause dissension but rather to offer hope to those who find themselves in a situation similar to mine.

On your last point -- I learned a long time ago to *never* say never. I almost always wind up doing or becoming that which I swore would never happen. Does that mean that I may ultimately go for full transition? Maybe. Time will tell. In the meantime, I will remain male. A better man than I was, thanks to the women inside of me, but male none the less.

Take care!

Misty

(25-12-2014, 02:58 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  A year ago when I started posting here, there were girls who had progressed to transitioning. At that time, I couldn't conceive of ever going that far myself, but I read their posts with interest. It's true there are more transitioning posters now than back then, but that may simply be a sign of the times.

I don't follow the breast growth threads anymore because I've moved past that phase in my life, as will most everyone who is transsexual. What I value most about BN is that it deals with a range of issues that help people to understand and deal with transgenderism in a serious way at various stages of their journeys. You don't find that on other (e.g., cross dresser) boards.

The volume, content and quality of posts will vary in time, of course. Be patient.

Thanks, ClaraKay. I would be lying if I didn't say that I am sometimes envious of your position. I'm happy for you that you are able to move ahead with the full support of your spouse. I don't know where you stand on faith in God but I am praying for you and your wife. I mentioned earlier that I am fearful for friends here that are going toward full transition and I sincerely hope, wish, and pray that you and your wife find acceptance and peace throughout the entire process.

Though we have never met please know that I care about you, your family, and your happiness and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a very happy New Year!

Misty

Thank you, Misty. I return the hope, wish, and prayer that your journey leads to happiness and fulfillment for both you and your wife. Please remember that if you are transgender and married, your transition (as far as it needs to go) is her transition as well.

Happy New Year,

Clara

(25-12-2014, 08:54 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Breasts do not grow on cis-male bodies through some magical process.

You mean the boobie fairy isn't real? [Image: smiley-shocked032.gif]

Seriously though,

I think either you or someone else has brought up the concept of pursuing strictly NBE as being like a partial transition. I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, any bio-male pursuing NBE does have something in common with MtF transsexuals, but that may be where the similarities end. The word "partial" I think implies that a process is incomplete, which may or may not be the case for individuals. Maybe the term "quasi" would be more appropriate?

Flame...I fear I have not been clear. Growing breasts comes from altering hormones. This is just fact. So if one is growing breasts then by the aforementioned definition, which is fairly well accepted among the broad community, one HAS begun transition. As I said, it isnt a question of whether or not people taking herbs are in "transition" (they are) it is rather a question of how far they will go. Many people begin altering hormonal balace (transition) and never go further, simply finding a place of comfort with that stage of transition and remaining there. Others go further. But regardless, once you start changing your hormones, like it or not, you ARE in transition. This is not opinion, but simple definition. The word "transition" is used to denote a process rather than a destination. So referring to NBE as a "partial transition" is, semantically, mixing apples and oranges in terms of definition.
Suppose you substitute the phrase "process of change" for the word "transition".
Then we have the idea that once someone begins altering hormones they have begun a "process of change".
Far more acceptable I am sure to those who squirm at the idea that they are tinkering with transexuality by taking herbs. lol
But in essence the meaning is the same.
Personally, I just prefer to keep calling a pig a pig...lol.

duplicate post...sorry

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon