Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pesky chest hair...

So when I decided I wanted to try and grow breasts I originally thought I would be okay with the body hair on my chest. A few weeks before I started I changed my mind and decided to get a full body trimmer.

Currently I have not used it on my legs or arms. I may eventually do my legs but my arm hair is not all that bad. As for my back I only get hair on the lower back and below which is quite annoying. Never did like the hair there.

So the body hair trimmer worked nicely I just really despised the stubble. After some research online I took the plunge and bought the Braun Silk Epil 7 which is a wet dry epilator. I used it today for the first time today and I am impressed. Smooth silky chest!

We'll see how it grows back throughout the week. If it works and lasts I think I may finally be content. Perhaps I may extend beyond my chest.

As far as pain, it was tolerable. It kind of feels like I'm being pricked lightly and repeatedly with pins. I've never waxed before either, so I am not familiar with that particular process.

Anyways I was just curious how everyone else managed their unwanted hair? Is there a particular favorite method?

I hope to report back here as to whether or not this Braun epilator was worth it or not. Tongue

I originally just trimmed it then waxed it then about 10 months ago i bought a Braun Silk Epil 7 epilator, you will find its virtually painless after a while, ingrown hairs are a pita though but not everyone gets those, after 6 months hrt my chest hair has thinned a bit but the damn things still grow, hoping in time they will vanish otherwise will have to get electrolosis, as it stands i probably do my legs and arms once every 2 weeks, i dont get full regrowth in that time just the next cycle i guess, chest hair and pits i probably do once a week and the same applies, i have recently bought an ipl device which i am trying on my hands and feet to see how it goes, still nearly £300 on sale though so it better work, a link in case your interested http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/SC2006_11/l...technology

still struggling with mine to an extent, switching from SP to WP to beat down the DHT has helped but not as much as I would like, wondering if I should consider a stronger 5Ar Blocker.Dodgy

Not sure it would help lenneth, i take 5mg of finasteride a day (have for 6 months) and dont feel its doing much with hair, i was reading something the other day (albeit an old 1958 study!) that suggested that if your over 30 terminal hair reduction is likely to be less than 50% in mtf transgender individuals on hrt, in fact heres a copy and paste:

Androgens stimulate the conversion of fine vellus hair into large terminal
hair in many regions of the skin following puberty. The growth of pubic and
axillary hair is stimulated by low levels of androgens, probably of adrenal
origin. Higher levels of gonadal androgens are needed to stimulate hair
growth on the beard area, trunk and limbs and, in these sites, terminal hair
growth is dependent on the potent androgen dihydrotestosterone, which
is derived from circulating androgens (principally testosterone) by the
action of the enzyme type II 5-alpha reductase. These changes are most
pronounced in men but they also occur in some women, particularly those
with hyperandrogenism. Paradoxically, androgens are also responsible for the
progressive miniaturisation of hair follicles on the scalp that cause balding.
Men castrated before puberty do not show these androgen-dependent
changes in hair growth. In men castrated post-puberty, some reversal may
be seen. The degree of reversal appears to depend on the age at androgen
ablation – in young men terminal hair growth may be fully reversed by
gonadectomy but with increasing age the degree of reversal becomes
progressively less (Hamilton, 1958). Limited studies in male castrates
suggest that androgen ablation in men aged over 30 reduces terminal hair
growth by less than 50%. The same considerations apply to male balding
(Hamilton, 1942). These observations indicate that androgens alter gene
expression in androgen-dependent hair follicles, which is not fully reversible
in the absence of androgens. This view is supported by numerous studies on
the treatment of female hirsutism with anti-androgens.
We may expect, therefore, that androgen ablation, either chemical
or surgical, will produce a substantial degree of androgen-dependent hair
growth reversal in young men, although there is likely to be interindividual
variation in the response. Women may also be taking oestrogens. In other
species, oestrogens inhibit hair growth but very little is known about the
effect of oestrogens on human hair growth and we cannot assume that
oestrogen therapy influences terminal hair growth. Where terminal hair
growth is well established, androgen ablation will, at best, result in only
partial reversal and other methods of hair removal may be needed. Methods
such as shaving and waxing are widely used but their effect is, of course,
temporary. To date there are only two methods of hair removal which have
the potential to be permanent – electroepilation (electrolysis) and laser hair
removal, neither of which is readily available on the NHS.

(30-12-2014, 01:13 AM)Fuego y Hielo Wrote:  So when I decided I wanted to try and grow breasts I originally thought I would be okay with the body hair on my chest. A few weeks before I started I changed my mind and decided to get a full body trimmer.

Currently I have not used it on my legs or arms. I may eventually do my legs but my arm hair is not all that bad. As for my back I only get hair on the lower back and below which is quite annoying. Never did like the hair there.

So the body hair trimmer worked nicely I just really despised the stubble. After some research online I took the plunge and bought the Braun Silk Epil 7 which is a wet dry epilator. I used it today for the first time today and I am impressed. Smooth silky chest!

We'll see how it grows back throughout the week. If it works and lasts I think I may finally be content. Perhaps I may extend beyond my chest.

As far as pain, it was tolerable. It kind of feels like I'm being pricked lightly and repeatedly with pins. I've never waxed before either, so I am not familiar with that particular process.

Anyways I was just curious how everyone else managed their unwanted hair? Is there a particular favorite method?

I hope to report back here as to whether or not this Braun epilator was worth it or not. Tongue

I started using a Braun silk-épil on my breasts about ten years ago. I had a moderately hairy chest, the hair covering all of my breasts. Now only the occasional soft hair grows back. For all intents and purposes my breasts are now permanently smooth, and I love it. Chest hair and feminine breasts do not go well together!

(30-12-2014, 01:43 AM)bobie Wrote:  Not sure it would help lenneth, i take 5mg of finasteride a day (have for 6 months) and dont feel its doing much with hair, i was reading something the other day (albeit an old 1958 study!) that suggested that if your over 30 terminal hair reduction is likely to be less than 50% in mtf transgender individuals on hrt, in fact heres a copy and paste:

Androgens stimulate the conversion of fine vellus hair into large terminal
hair in many regions of the skin following puberty. The growth of pubic and
axillary hair is stimulated by low levels of androgens, probably of adrenal
origin. Higher levels of gonadal androgens are needed to stimulate hair
growth on the beard area, trunk and limbs and, in these sites, terminal hair
growth is dependent on the potent androgen dihydrotestosterone, which
is derived from circulating androgens (principally testosterone) by the
action of the enzyme type II 5-alpha reductase. These changes are most
pronounced in men but they also occur in some women, particularly those
with hyperandrogenism. Paradoxically, androgens are also responsible for the
progressive miniaturisation of hair follicles on the scalp that cause balding.
Men castrated before puberty do not show these androgen-dependent
changes in hair growth. In men castrated post-puberty, some reversal may
be seen. The degree of reversal appears to depend on the age at androgen
ablation – in young men terminal hair growth may be fully reversed by
gonadectomy but with increasing age the degree of reversal becomes
progressively less (Hamilton, 1958). Limited studies in male castrates
suggest that androgen ablation in men aged over 30 reduces terminal hair
growth by less than 50%. The same considerations apply to male balding
(Hamilton, 1942). These observations indicate that androgens alter gene
expression in androgen-dependent hair follicles, which is not fully reversible
in the absence of androgens. This view is supported by numerous studies on
the treatment of female hirsutism with anti-androgens.
We may expect, therefore, that androgen ablation, either chemical
or surgical, will produce a substantial degree of androgen-dependent hair
growth reversal in young men, although there is likely to be interindividual
variation in the response. Women may also be taking oestrogens. In other
species, oestrogens inhibit hair growth but very little is known about the
effect of oestrogens on human hair growth and we cannot assume that
oestrogen therapy influences terminal hair growth. Where terminal hair
growth is well established, androgen ablation will, at best, result in only
partial reversal and other methods of hair removal may be needed. Methods
such as shaving and waxing are widely used but their effect is, of course,
temporary. To date there are only two methods of hair removal which have
the potential to be permanent – electroepilation (electrolysis) and laser hair
removal, neither of which is readily available on the NHS.

so electrolysis might be my only hope....great....Sad
electrolysis is cost prohibitive at the best of times, and for the amount i would need i'd probably need to win the lottery to afford it....Sad

for what it's worth I hope you are wrong, if i let it grow I constantly feel like i'm covered with itching powder, if i shave it off i break out in a rash (both are worse in summer btw) epilating causes more pain than I can stand and does a poor job, waxing works, but only lasts a couple weeks or so and a lot of areas I cant reach to do myself.Sad

I hope its wrong too as i dont want to be having to do loads of electrolosis, just getting rid of the beard will be bad enough (starting laser 12th jan for that Big Grin ) its probably a case of ymmv so we will both just have to wait and see

i'm hairy to an extreme if i let it grow out (think almost as bad as cousin it), neck, arms, hands, chest, back, backside, legs, feet, more or less everywhere.

Before WP if I wanted a clean shaven face I had to shave 3x a day.
(down to every 2-3 days now)

Hope I can reach a point of it either turning to peach fuzz or just disappearing.

Cousin Itt?? WOW!! You mean like these guys?? http://youtu.be/j7M10Akohu0

My friend, Carla, had electrolysis and she says they only do a 1 or 2 inch square patch each visit and the pain separates the men from the boys!!

One thing I've noticed over the past few years just with saving my face is that the less often you shave it, the less often you have to!

With my legs, I just use my electric razor, the one I use on my face.

I tried shaving my pits about 3 years ago and it doesn't hurt....until about an hour or so later!! Then it BURNS like a REALLY bad sunburn!!!! And, if you sweat, it burns WAAAAAY much more!!!! I gave up on it after the second time!! Although, I seem to recall that, after the second time, it didn't hurt QUITE as much....about 2% less!!

I HAVE run a mower through the south 40 a number of times and there's no problem with that at all.

I remember seeing an info-mercial on t.v. about 25 years ago that sold something called, Aplomb. It's this semi-transparent brown goop in a toothpaste-sized tube. Apparently it's made of some kind of special Egyptian mud/clay. You squeeze out just a dab of it, not even as big as a golf ball. You knead it between your fingers for a moment, then apply it to the hairy area you want to clean off and kinda smoosh it out across the area for a few moments, then, once it's "stretched" out across the area it's needed on, you wait 3 seconds, flick up one part of the edge, then rip quickly, just like with wax, but this stuff doesn't hurt at all AND you can use the same glob over and over again until you've removed the hair from your entire body, if you wish! Apparently, the hair stays away a lot longer, too. I never DID get around to buying any, but, ever since then, I haven't seen it ANYWHERE!! I'd LOVE to get some!!

A girl I was in school with up until 3rd grade had dark hair on her arms and nobody said a word about it. She always reminded me of Mike Nesmith with hairy arms and tits. (The Monkees had just become famous that year (3rd grade) and her hair was almost exactly like Mike's, just a few inches longer.) So, you shouldn't fuss about having hairy arms...unless they ARE extremely hairy, like Robin Williams' arms!! He used to call himself, Monkey Boy.

(30-12-2014, 03:15 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  i'm hairy to an extreme if i let it grow out (think almost as bad as cousin it), neck, arms, hands, chest, back, backside, legs, feet, more or less everywhere.

Before WP if I wanted a clean shaven face I had to shave 3x a day.
(down to every 2-3 days now)

Hope I can reach a point of it either turning to peach fuzz or just disappearing.

Oh my gosh, that sounds pretty bad. I'm sorry to hear. Sad

I guess I am sort of lucky, I am only really hairy on the lower half. Upper back, shoulders etc free of hair. Chest is moderately hairy, stomach is a bit hairy, arms are lightly hairy, no more so than what I have seen on some bio women. As a matter of fact, my arms are probably less hairy than what I have seen on some bio women. The other area would be my facial hair. I can easily sport a full beard.

I do not think I am ready to part with my facial hair just yet. My lower backside, and chest/stomach area are definitely areas I want to work on. As for my legs, that one is still up in the air. I am tolerating the epilator so far on my chest and stomach, and supposedly those areas are more sensitive, so I could probably handle the epilator on my legs. I just don't know if I am ready to sport that look quite just yet. Plus with the amount of hair on my lower half it would probably take me forever to epilate! Tongue

I guess I will have to see how I progress with my program, maybe I'll change my mind again.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon