Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Just ordered 3 Bottles of Swansons

I think I know the reason for mystery behind BO, it's because no one really "really" wants to know. I'm afraid all I have or found isn't good news on BO, if your vegan you might know what I mean. So I'm going to bow out (yes, throwing in towel) of this discussion and stick to botanicals. That doesn't mean I won't answer questions, I just won't provide additional info. Good luck and be safe. Wink

In thinking about BO, I keep coming back to my thyroid medication. I take prescription natural thyroid made from dessicated pig thyroid glands. The pills are standardized so I get a consistent dose of thyroxine in each pill. The thyroid gland makes thyroid hormones, therefore it stands to reason that consuming the gland will add those hormones to one's body. There are also tablets made from dessicated bovine thyroid.

By the same reasoning, I have to assume dessicated BO is nothing more than a non-standardized source of estrogens. I'm too lazy to find out what other hormones the ovaries might produce. Given that synthetic estrogen pills or injections and bio-identical estrogens require either a T blocker or orchiectomy to be fully effective for feminization of genetic males and do not appear to cause this permanent aromatization effect that Transfemme claims for their product, I have to believe BO is nothing more than a weak and potentially inconsistent form of HRT and will still require some sort of AA to be fully effective. Furthermore, much like a genetic male taking pharmaceutical E, once the BO is stopped, the feminization will likely reverse to some degree, but sterility may be permanent as will any breast tissue growth, though the fat deposits in the breasts will shrink.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. Maybe BO is special, but I doubt it.

I don't think its special, but have started a modification to a program many here have undertaken- to see if it has an especially good affect when alternated.

Started BO in 10/2014

1 per day, then 3x250AM and 3x250PM
added 2000mg MSM
WP 20 drops daily

then took a break... one week

replaced BO with PM because if its true PM down regulates T then alternating cycles between BO and PM may lower overall use of BO, increase effectiveness (taking break theory) and PM is said to have an anti breast
factor component. Did a cycle of PM, low to 2100mg per day for a month, off a week now back to BO. Maybe a little Maca would help?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon