Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can I scream yet?

*Update*

Cardiac Stress test (with iso tagging) results came back:

SCAN FINDINGS: Post exercise images revealed a "hot spot" in the apex. Tracer uptake is otherwise uniform except for minimally reduced tracer uptake in the inferior wall. Tracer uptake is more uniform at rest. Global left ventricular systolic function is normal with the ejection fraction of 76%. Wall motion is normal.

CONCLUSIONS:
1. Very minimal and questionable mild reversible defect which may represent
ischemia. This is an equivocal finding in view of "hot spot" in the apex.
2. Preserved left ventricular systolic function at rest.

So from this I infer I may have a narrowing or partial blockage in one of the arteries of my heart. Good to catch that now rather than later when it could be worse.

~Elain

You know, life just really seems to like messing with me. Since my divorce I have been renting a room from my brother. A few days ago he told me that him and his wife had decided to move to Washington State in July. I told them i'd be staying here in Oregon. But thanks for the heads up because that would give me time to save up to get my own place (first, last etc). So today.. my brother informs me that their plans have changed and they are moving April 1st. Giving me no time to save money for rents etc. basically forcing me to have to move with them (which my brother wanted from the start... he's a manipulative asshole sometimes). So basically... I lose my medical coverage. Have to reapply in Washington etc and I have this bug growing in my lungs. Months will go by without healthcare or any treatments of this MAC infection and my health and life will be jeopardized because my brother is a selfish fucking dick. He wants me to live with him and is manipulating the situation to try and force me to have to do that. I'm really pissed right now.

~Elain

"nice" brother you have there....Dodgy

Elain, is the move work related? Or just him on a lark?

(13-02-2015, 06:54 PM)iaboy Wrote:  Elain, is the move work related? Or just him on a lark?

Just him deciding he wants to move. He "can't stand to live anywhere for more than a year or two" so moves often. If he had stuck to the original timetable he gave me it wouldn't have been a problem. I could have saved up enough cash easily and been fine, but when he learned I intended to stay in Oregon, he decided to change up to make it impossible for me to stay here because I wouldn't have had the time to save for first, last, deposits, phone, electric, deposits there, internet, deposits there etc. He KNOWS what he is doing. It's not an accidental change on his part, it's a deliberate attempt to force me to keep living with him.

~E

Don't get me wrong, I love my brother, but he is an extreme and manipulative narcissist. EVERYTHING has to revolve around him and what he wants, even if doing so is harmful or difficult for others, and if he doesn't get it he throws a shit fit and rages until he does (and at 6'7" it's always an epic tantrum). He learned this behavior from his mother (not from mine) who let him do whatever he wanted if he threw a long enough fit about it, and at 43 he still thinks that's how to get what he wants. He used to succeed with me doing the same thing but I've changed significantly in the last 15 years and that dog doesn't hunt with me anymore.

I have already decided I'll choose to be homeless, rather than leave Oregon and move to Washington, if I can't manage to find a place. Even if I have to rent a room with someone for a while, I'll do so. Just not going to move. I have things set up here finally and need to stay. I can't afford to put my life and health at risk, for his tantrum based whims.

Sometimes being the "big sister" isn't an easy choice.

~Elain

(13-02-2015, 07:13 PM)ElainMoria Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, I love my brother, but he is an extreme and manipulative narcissist. EVERYTHING has to revolve around him and what he wants, even if doing so is harmful or difficult for others, and if he doesn't get it he throws a shit fit and rages until he does (and at 6'7" it's always an epic tantrum). He learned this behavior from his mother (not from mine) who let him do whatever he wanted if he threw a long enough fit about it, and at 43 he still thinks that's how to get what he wants. He used to succeed with me doing the same thing but I've changed significantly in the last 15 years and that dog doesn't hunt with me anymore.

I have already decided I'll choose to be homeless, rather than leave Oregon and move to Washington, if I can't manage to find a place. Even if I have to rent a room with someone for a while, I'll do so. Just not going to move. I have things set up here finally and need to stay. I can't afford to put my life and health at risk, for his tantrum based whims.

~Elain
Hugs . Hope you find accommodation soon

(13-02-2015, 07:13 PM)ElainMoria Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, I love my brother, but he is an extreme and manipulative narcissist. EVERYTHING has to revolve around him and what he wants, even if doing so is harmful or difficult for others, and if he doesn't get it he throws a shit fit and rages until he does (and at 6'7" it's always an epic tantrum). He learned this behavior from his mother (not from mine) who let him do whatever he wanted if he threw a long enough fit about it, and at 43 he still thinks that's how to get what he wants. He used to succeed with me doing the same thing but I've changed significantly in the last 15 years and that dog doesn't hunt with me anymore.

~Elain
Sounds like my brother, at least the last dozen or so years of his life. When he was little, he'd SCREAM and CRY and have LONG-LASTING fits and NOBODY could figure out what the problem was!! Mostly, because he still couldn't talk, yet. Because of his screaming fits, he had to have a hernia operation by the time he was 2 years old!! As he got older, he'd still bitch and complain about this and that and dad would say, "He's got his bitch factory going again!!" And, everything was about how HE'D always get the short end of the stick!! `Scuse me!!!! HE got a brand new 10 speed for Christmas AND almost never used it!! All I ever got were bikes that dad built from parts, he starting fixing bikes when he was 12. After a few months, or so, dad'd take them away from me because he claimed I wasn't taking care of them! HE got his way when it came time for us kids to play something!! Everything revolved around him while I always got pushed to the background, and I'm the oldest of us!! When HE told my parents something (Like: Kleenex is made of a different kind of paper than toilet paper and will stuff up the toilet.), they'd adhere to it STRONGLY and it became a house rule!! When I tried to tell them something like that, no matter how much proof I had, they wouldn't believe me! Especially if it proved my brother wrong!
In his later years (by the way, he was also about 6' 7", I'm taller.), he get up in the morning and take over the t.v./living room and just veg there ALL DAY drinking beer the entire time!! Dad had a beer tap in the kitchen and my brother would go through most of a barrel each week!! If someone else walked into the room, he'd get pissed off and vanish upstairs, making SURE he slammed the door as hard as he could!! NO ONE was allowed in the kitchen when he was cooking his incredibly smelly food, nor could we stand to be! EVERYTHING had to be HIS way or he'd have a MAJOR shit fit!!!! It's because of him that mom had a stroke and both mom and dad had very serious cancer!! (Dad died 8 years ago, mom's cured of the cancer (WITHOUT CHEMO OR RADIATION, mind you!!) and still around.) He'd sit in the living room with the t.v. on with the sound almost to zero, just so he could control the set all day. Quite often, he'd fall asleep in the chair with a full stein of beer in his hand and spill the beer all over himself and the chair, or he'd sleep on the floor face down and spill the beer on the carpet!! It smelled like a frat house!!!! Everyone was afraid to say anything to him about it, but if I spilled a mouthful of root beer, I'd get yelled at for it!! Finally, 2 years ago in Dec., he jumped off a bridge!

An extended stay hotel could be an option.

I Know that personality type all to well unfortunately...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon