Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Great weight loss diet

I decided to try this when my SO came up with it. She wanted the support to stay on it. Goes by several names and there are a few variations.

I went along but was my usual doubting self.
Let me tell you iT WORKED. I had been trying to get under 220 for a while. Last year at this time I was 240+. Even though I'm 6'3" ish that was still too much. First thing I did was quit anything with high fructose corn syrup and all soft drinks even diet ones.

I started last week at 222 lbs and after three days was 217. After 4 days off (you don't stay on more than 3 days........I'm going to do it again.i've held to 218 and hope to get at least another 5 lbs off.
My goal is 190~195.....5 at a time would be wonderful.

YMMV - its a free download

http://www.3daydiets.net/

Congrats on the weight loss, and thanks for sharing. It's a pretty restrictive diet that has one eating less than 1000 calories per day. YOu could probably add more veggies to the mix if you get hungry, and replace the ice cream with frozen yogurt.

Hi Scotti....Thanks for the comments....there are a ton of people tweaking this here and there.

It really fills you though, there's a few of the meals a little thin but on the whole , if you measure and eat what the say....you're full.

I used Bryers Half-the-Fat for the ice cream. There's a ton of veggies as it is but I don't see the harm in nibbling some carrots or apples....but I didn't.

It's also pretty economical, so buying as high quality as we can find . This time around it will be real tuna instead of canned. Bad stuff from cans anyway.

Ate rationally since last Thursday, started again this morning at
217.6 lbs. I will be a happy gurl if I drop another 5 lbs......ecstatic if I hit 210.0 Tongue

That will be over 30 lbs fro last year.

Glad it's working for you Elaine. Nothing feels quite like getting the "man fat" off your body and if you're like me, that will do a lot more to feminize you than a bigger chest. A word of caution though, you might want the fat to come off here and not there but your chest will shrink too. If you're looking for a more sustainable LIFESTYLE (not a diet) that keeps the weight off, I've had amazing success using one simple rule: Keep your carbohydrate intake under 50g per day (never more than 100g) and never eat wheat. I lost 22% of my body weight in 4 months and have been stable for the last 6 months since using that rule.

If you want to read and understand why it works, read these two books:
Wheat Belly by Dr William Davis
The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Dr Phinney and Dr Volek

(18-01-2015, 04:42 PM)elainecd Wrote:  First thing I did was quit anything with high fructose corn syrup and all soft drinks even diet ones.

That's the key. Cut out as many sugars & simple carbs as possible. Some say to go even further and cut as many things that triggers your body's insulin response. Problem is that not everyone triggers on the same things & even sugar substitutes can set it off which can be even worse because odds are whatever it was you ate doesn't have any sugar/carbs in it so you end up with free insulin.

A good way to be aware of net carb intake is to subtract grams of dietary fiber from total grams of carbs to get the net for the food in question. I've seen people say that one should limit daily net carbs to anywhere from 100g to as few as 20g. Take a look for yourself and you'll just how hard even 100g a day would be.

Thanks for input spoked and kari
Both of you are very right about the carbs.....gawd I love fresh baked Italian bread. But on one my off night dinners I only had one piece..... and actually I really don't have a taste for artificials.

I'd rather have a little sugar than some of these weird and bad tasting artificals.

I think key for me will be cycling it with eating rationally which I was sort of doing but, it wasn't taking weight off....just maintaining the 220~224 where I was stuck.

Anyway, I've never be a dieter but I am now....I have a hOT pair of white back zip pants I want to fir into by warm weather! Cool

Another two cents on dieting. I have found that when trying to lose weight things will go relatively smooth the first 5 maybe 6 weeks. Then you hit that wall, and no what you do, the weight stops coming off.

What has worked well for me is on the 4th or 5th week eat what you would normally eat to maintain your weight. e.g. I sit at a desk all day, so I have little to no exercise, in order for me to not gain or lose any weight I would have to consume about 1900 calories a day. To lose 1 lb a week, I would have to reduce my calorie intake by 500.

Hopefully this method can help you to avoid the dreaded wall.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, when you look at the back of food labels they sometimes say based on a 2000 calorie diet. That number is approximately the amount of calories we should be consuming in a day to not gain or lose weight. That number will fluctuate with age, height, current weight, and it's also based on sex. I am assuming bio-sex.

Which begs the question, do any of the herbs or HRT affect the calorie in take. Because if I were a bio woman my calorie intake to maintain would be approximately 1800 calories.

Sorry about that, that popped into my head as I was writing this. Anyways, calorie counting can be a pain, but it works really well. Friends, colleagues and myself included have lost weight via watching our calorie intake. Plus there are plenty of apps and sites to help making that tracking easier.

www.myfitnesspal.com is great site to track your calories, exercises, goals etc. You can setup your weight loss goals and it will let you know how many calories you can consume daily to meet your goals. They have free iOS and Android apps as well.

http://caloriescount.com/free_Mod_my_pla...sment.aspx has a calorie calculator if you just want to quickly find out what your daily calories should be.

I wish you luck on reaching your desired weight!

Thank you Fire for the links and comments.

(19-01-2015, 05:36 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  I've had amazing success using one simple rule: Keep your carbohydrate intake under 50g per day (never more than 100g) and never eat wheat. I lost 22% of my body weight in 4 months and have been stable for the last 6 months since using that rule.

I absolutely concur. The American Heart Society has been misleading the American public for decades and the reason Americans are so overweight is the emphasis of eating low-fat, high carb diets. Retraining the insulin response is the key.

I'm not currently overweight (for a male) but am attempting to lose an additional 25 pounds. My reason for losing weight isn't feminization but rather I am trying to avoid a second back surgery and the most impact I can have is to reduce the strain on my lumbar spine. Anyway, I am pursuing a low carb (approximately 20g of carbs/day) diet. I have lost 10 pounds already (25 to go). This isn't a crash diet but rather a lifestyle adjustment (like Kari did)... I will slowly start to add carbs as I approach my goal weight.

The best sweetener I have found is stevia. For most people it won't produce an insulin response (it doesn't for me and my wife).

Misty

(19-01-2015, 04:16 PM)elainecd Wrote:  I will be a happy gurl if I drop another 5 lbs......ecstatic if I hit 210.0 Tongue

That will be over 30 lbs fro last year.

I hit 200 last year...then beer season, I mean football season started Wink

Now that that's over, time to get serious again. 185 is my goal. Started juicing again today. Its a start

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon