Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

On the topic of transitioning

Let me just say, as a transitioning MtF, that I decided to leave the forum a few months ago because I thought I had moved beyond the core matters discussed here. But, I got PM's from people encouraging me to stay engaged, at least to some extent. Yes, I may not need BN much anymore, but many BN members benefit from the perspectives of those who have traveled further down the road and have things to contribute.

My focus at the midpoint of my transition is integrating into the larger world around me. I'm beginning to engage cisgendered people. Not hiding my transgender past, mind you, but shifting the focus away from being trans to just being a person. It's not easy, I'm finding, but isn't that the ultimate goal we all share?

Clara

(19-01-2015, 03:20 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  My focus at the midpoint of my transition is integrating into the larger world around me. I'm beginning to engage cisgendered people. Not hiding my transgender past, mind you, but shifting the focus away from being trans to just being a person. It's not easy, I'm finding, but isn't that the ultimate goal we all share?

A very wise woman once said to me "We start out doing 'trans stuff'. After a while we just do 'stuff'. Life takes over"

(19-01-2015, 11:39 AM)b.rose Wrote:  
(19-01-2015, 05:03 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I hope transitioning members don't feel like they don't have anything to contribute to this forum once they make the decision to pursue HRT and maybe SRS.

Speaking for myself, all I can say is that being on HRT makes contributing to the "herbal side" rather difficult. What I am now doing is a lot simpler (and cheaper) than what you are all doing. I simply take my HRT with breakfast and then get on with the day. That is it. My AA is a depot injection once every three months and I know that these drugs are doing precisely what is needed. All this discussion of SP v Pygeum V skullcap v Peony etc etc and should it be rubbed, ingested, subligual, split dose, one dose and so on practically makes me dizzy.

So the NBE side is a non-starter for me and since it forms a very large part of the discussion here then a lot of what is on here simply passes me by.

I feel the same with HRT. I have zero experience with it, hence, I don't have anything to contribute to discussions about HRT. Even with herbs, I don't have a full-range experience with them. I have only used 1 of 4 of the herbs you listed. I don't revamp my regime every few months. Instead, I fine-tune it as needed.

(19-01-2015, 01:42 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  I started here 2 years ago with what I now call the "great compromise". I was trying to be as feminine as I could (growing breasts & mental effect) but came to the long resisted conclusion that I couldn't pull that off and transition might be the only way for me to find peace and happiness. Like b.rose, I find myself thinking about SIMILAR things (breast enlargement) but my methods are now very different and my focus is much, much bigger than just breasts. Honestly, breasts are only a very small part of it now. For me at least, this forum has been a sounding board to air out my thoughts and feelings but I fear I'm getting so far from the focus of this forum, that very few of you are interested in hearing about my struggles, mental gymnastics and emotional moments. If your reason for being here is only to grow breasts, why would you want to hear me talk about such things as how fragile my identity is right now as I say goodbye to the facade I created over 44 years while trying to embrace my true identity as female? It's all I've been thinking and crying about for days now. Pursuing transition is a very different endeavor than NBE even though we may have common beginnings. For those who are here for the main purpose of growing breasts, this forum is first and foremost for you! I feel like I'M the one crashing YOUR party.

I could be wrong here, but I suspect that about 9/10 bio-male members here have an atypical gender identity of some degree. Granted, while only a minority of members may pursue transitioning, I think the vast majority have some inkling about the concept of cross-gender identification. With that in mind, I don't think it's a huge jump to start talking about gender in a NBE forum. I think this is especially true when discussing the side-effects of herbs such as brain-rewiring or loss of body hair.

Part of it I think might be down to the way gender & physical sex are still viewed and the nonsensical stigmas and related over-reactions of others that are piled onto changing ones sex.

in relation to that one interesting question to pose would be

"If their was None of the Current Stigmas/Fuss etc over Transitioning, would you seriously consider it?"

personally, if you could add in being something far more complete than current srs (functional organs level) I would consider it.

While I am still relatively new to the site, I have found that there is a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the forum, and much more from all the users various experiences. Yes the goals may vary as time progresses, but there is still much value that can be added.

Just knowing that there is at least one other person out there that is going or has gone through similar emotions, phases, experiences, symptoms etc. can be a huge relief to others. Knowledge increases as we share our experiences with others. If "Self-exile" is chosen, that knowledge stops, leaving behind possible unanswered questions that could have aided current or future members.

Yes, it's true, the day to day will pull us in new directions and/or focus, but that's just life in general. But any positive contribution no matter how small or large could mean the world to someone just starting out or is contemplating taking a new direction in life.

This forum and its members are very warm and welcoming. It would be a shame to lose those that have made this forum so welcoming on the thought that there is nothing more to contribute. There's always something to share, no matter how minute.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon