Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Decisions decisions...

One of the things I used to do was write. It helped me to express myself and expose my feelings and emotions. It is something I stopped doing because it was easier to bottle up my emotions than to let others have a key insight to my very being. Now, I find myself wanting to write again. A part of me wants to share something I recently wrote, but I'm not really sure this is exactly the right place to do so.

I suppose I could just post it and see what response I get, but I wonder if I am expressing too much. Of course there is the ever growing curiosity within wanting to know others interpretation and thoughts.

I am willing to share, but is it something fitting to post here?

As always I appreciate and value your thoughts and comments.

Fire and Ice, as the old saying goes, a problem shared is a problem halved.
I would read your writing, and not judge or make assumptions. Like a lot of people here, we are all sort of going through an almost identical scenario.

Thanks! Smile

Now the only drawback is not being able to see and read the expressions of those that are reading it. I would have to rely on genuine honest feedback from others. It was easier back in the day, I'd share what I wrote with my female friends and I could see their reaction. Nothing is quite the same as a live reaction. :p

Still working on a title, then I'll see about posting it.

Please share...i have a feeling that you and i are on similar paths...not being sure what to do.....would love to read what you have written

I think it might be a good idea to post it here. I'd read it, if I didn't already have tons of reading to do before a certain date, but, maybe you can pick one or more people here that you trust and are more friendly with and send it to them in a PM if you don't want to just lay yourself out to the world.

Thank you breastman59, and WantAPair for your replies. I believe I will post it either later tonight, or tomorrow. I would still like to come up with a title prior to posting it, but titles can be so hard to come up with.

As for sending it to just one or two people on here, I don't think I can do that. It's not that I don't trust any one person specifically, I just don't think I can open up to any one specific person, not again. I can't help but feel that I have a tendency to ruin everything. So it is probably for the best that I don't attach myself to any one person, and just let it be open for all. This way anyone can choose to read and/or comment.

(08-02-2015, 12:42 AM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  Thank you breastman59, and WantAPair for your replies. I believe I will post it either later tonight, or tomorrow. I would still like to come up with a title prior to posting it, but titles can be so hard to come up with.

As for sending it to just one or two people on here, I don't think I can do that. It's not that I don't trust any one person specifically, I just don't think I can open up to any one specific person, not again. I can't help but feel that I have a tendency to ruin everything. So it is probably for the best that I don't attach myself to any one person, and just let it be open for all. This way anyone can choose to read and/or comment.
My guitar player once said that, too, after he'd written a song. I asked him what it was about and within a second or two I gave him the title, the song's been called that ever since!
Think of what your thing is about and see if you can come up with a good name for it.
I didn't mean to JUST give it to that one person, I meant, let them read it and tell you what they think, then, if you felt good about posting it here, do so. :-) I don't, personally, know anyone here, either, but, I guess you could say I'm closer to two of our numbers more than anyone else and I'd send my writing to either or both of them, if I felt like doing it singularly, first.

(08-02-2015, 01:26 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  My guitar player once said that, too, after he'd written a song. I asked him what it was about and within a second or two I gave him the title, the song's been called that ever since!
Think of what your thing is about and see if you can come up with a good name for it.

Yeah, I always struggle with titles. There have been times that I have an awesome title, but I can't think of what to write. It once took me months to write something to fit a title that I came up with. I don't think it was as good as some my other stuff, so there went the cool title! Wink

(08-02-2015, 01:26 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  I didn't mean to JUST give it to that one person, I meant, let them read it and tell you what they think, then, if you felt good about posting it here, do so. :-) I don't, personally, know anyone here, either, but, I guess you could say I'm closer to two of our numbers more than anyone else and I'd send my writing to either or both of them, if I felt like doing it singularly, first.

Yeah I know what you meant, I think for now it's best if I don't get too close.

Well, I went ahead and posted for all to see. Big Grin

I don't know that I ever had trouble with titles. And I've got at least 100 songs I've written. I haven't ever recorded any, but I've written about 100!! Actually, now that I think of it, there was an albums worth of songs that I recorded in `92, but, most of them were spur of the moment recordings, not something I wrote ahead of time. Also, nearly all of them were instrumental. Experimental electronic stuff. The one that DID have vocals, although, spoken, not sung, was, "Looking For A Job (A Working Paradox)", which I was heavily inspired to write after I listened to my Laurie Anderson collection one day! Kinda like this. http://youtu.be/KmLjVD2VAws
I was very prolific in the mid `80's, especially when I was in college. What can I say, I was VERY happy and had a LOT of great influences in my life, for a change!! One day, I wrote 14 songs!!!!

Just in case you were interested, here's the second half of that song.
http://youtu.be/AngNlAaBOVs

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon