Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What's been happening?

(22-03-2015, 07:19 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Denita,

Sertraline is available in 25mg pills. If you ever decide to go back on it, maybe 37.5 mg would work for you with no serious side-effects?

I have spent a little time taking Fluoxetine. My highest dose was 60 mg. I don't think I had much problems with side-effects, but I don't think it really helped with managing the depressive symptoms.

As for the thoughts of suicide I think I can relate. When recovering from depression, the intensity and frequency of suicidal thoughts diminish, however, the fear of having a full relapse can still remain. Hopefully you can get to the point that you can acknowledge if things do take a turn for the worst, you'll remember that help is out there and life can get better.

Sorry Flame, I had a typo on my post. I was on 37.mg.

Sertraline 25mg pills do not seem to be available on NHS. They get you split a 50mg if you need a 25mg.

What you say about fear of relapse is so insightful and true. I'm at the end of day 4 of Fluoxetine, so it is too soon to tell if I will be ok, but I am doing well not worrying too much about it. That is a huge improvement for me.

I've also been out of the house twice in the last 5 days without any panic. Going out shopping tomorrow and I am looking forward to it! Big Grin

Another thing that shocked me the other day was the realisation how messed up I have been.

Abby

(25-03-2015, 09:58 PM)❇ Abby ❇ Wrote:  
(22-03-2015, 04:16 PM)pom19 Wrote:  Denita, join a yoga class. You will be amazed how much it will help you. You will feel sooo good about your body and mind. Blessings, POM

Thank you Pom for the suggestion. Great idea. I would love to go to yoga or pilates classes but all the local classes I have found are ridiculously expensive.

I have got Darcey Bussell's Pilates for Life that I brought years ago. I admit I have not looked at it in a couple of years.

Fabulous excuse to buy my first pair of yoga pants!!! Big Grin lol

The depression over the last year and a half has taken it's toll on my physique. I have lost some muscle mass, toning and also gained a bit of a belly.
Abby
-----------------------------------------------
You can get those muscles back. This is a plastic world, it conforms to our WILLS. Till there are the flowers blooming for us, then we must live for them. They need our attention and smiles. <3 POM

(11-02-2015, 04:53 PM)Heather-H Wrote:  Oh Denita dear,
I am so very sorry to learn of your recent health issues. I didn't know and thought it was all behind you now. Shows how stupid I am and how little I know. Blush
Get well soon, please ignore my PM reply to you, you concentrate on your wellbeing which is the most important thing.
Thinking of you.

Love & Hugs

Heather

Heather,

Your not stupid at all, far from it. I have been up and down like the proverbial yo-yo and did post that I was improving when it turns out, in hindsight, I was not. I feel guilty for inflicting all my crazy bullshit on you all over the last year or so and I apologise to everyone for having to putting up with me. I'm sorry. I try to look back at it with a logical mind but it's impossible to fathom. I was a mess.

This forum and the members on it have helped me more than I can express. From the incredible research from Lotus to the tips/advice and insight from of you all. Many times it has given me a seed of hope when I felt all was lost and it's helped me answer many questions I had of myself.

Heather the years you have been fighting GD and the troubles it has caused. I think your an inspiration for your immense bravery and strength by not giving in.

Abby

Today is a good day. Smile

The post man delivered the Ainterol PM liquid extract order this morning and I have now started my program. Big Grin

Ordered on 27th March and delivered on 8th April is brilliant considering that includes a 4 day Easter weekend.

Abby

Oh my good god that is a crazy coincidence!

I've just noticed that I have started my program exactly 1 year to the day that I joined the forum!

8th April must be a good day.

Abby

(08-04-2015, 03:44 PM)❇ Abby ❇ Wrote:  Oh my good god that is a crazy coincidence!

I've just noticed that I have started my program exactly 1 year to the day that I joined the forum!

Abby

Happy Anniversary! Big Grin

I've been curious about the liquid version, but have yet to give it go. Considering I have enough pills to last me several more months. Maybe I'll switch it up a little when the time comes to order more. Cool

(08-04-2015, 04:13 PM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  
(08-04-2015, 03:44 PM)❇ Abby ❇ Wrote:  Oh my good god that is a crazy coincidence!

Abby

I've been curious about the liquid version, but have yet to give it go. Considering I have enough pills to last me several more months. Maybe I'll switch it up a little when the time comes to order more. Cool

I take liquid extract, I love the taste. I actually premix mine into the wp extract, saves a little time in the morning .

Abby

Thank you. Big Grin Just struck me as spooky/weird that it was the same day! lol

The reason I decided to use liquid is because it means I can take PM sublingualy. It makes sense to me because, with capsules, so much is lost in the first pass digestion. Lotus has often shown and research papers I have read confirm that PM capsule absorption rate is 10-20% compared to sublingual PM liquid absorption of 95%-98%.

Wikipedia - Sublingual
Healthline

Liquid extract seems (to me) to give better value for money and control over the dose.

Abby

(08-04-2015, 05:14 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I take liquid extract, I love the taste. I actually premix mine into the wp extract, saves a little time in the morning .

I thought for a moment that I was going to be weird and interesting by liking the taste! lol. Turns out i'm not the only one! Do I get a point for liking it neat/undiluted? lol

From other users posts I thought that PM liquid was going to be disgusting and something I'd have to get "used" too. Turns out its far from unpleasant. Intense and strong with a long lasting after taste but not repulsive at all.

Abby

I just included some extract with my last order as well.
Haven't cracked the bottle yet.
I have two bottles of caps to use first. Rolleyes

That's a nice thought about mixing with the peony extract...what amount are you mixing and how often you taking?
Thank You

(09-04-2015, 04:00 AM)❇ Abby ❇ Wrote:  

Abby

Thank you. Big Grin Just struck me as spooky/weird that it was the same day! lol

The reason I decided to use liquid is because it means I can take PM sublingualy. It makes sense to me because, with capsules, so much is lost in the first pass digestion. Lotus has often shown and research papers I have read confirm that PM capsule absorption rate is 10-20% compared to sublingual PM liquid absorption of 95%-98%.

Wikipedia - Sublingual
Healthline

Liquid extract seems (to me) to give better value for money and control over the dose.

Abby

(08-04-2015, 05:14 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I take liquid extract, I love the taste. I actually premix mine into the wp extract, saves a little time in the morning .

I thought for a moment that I was going to be weird and interesting by liking the taste! lol. Turns out i'm not the only one! Do I get a point for liking it neat/undiluted? lol

From other users posts I thought that PM liquid was going to be disgusting and something I'd have to get "used" too. Turns out its far from unpleasant. Intense and strong with a long lasting after taste but not repulsive at all.

Abby

part of why I switched as well, also because the capsule form was loosing its effectiveness with me.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon