Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Latest Evolution of Iaboy's NBE plan

(28-03-2015, 03:38 AM)Dfleurs Wrote:  Yes i think extract will have better absorption and it helps our liver from not working too hard. Extract is also Lotus's fave . Hehe..does it taste terrible?

You do have to "aquire a taste for it. I remember the first 2 or 3 times I put it under my tongue. Wasn't bad at first, but boy, does is sneak up on you.
(28-03-2015, 03:38 AM)Dfleurs Wrote:  Do you take reishi as well?

Loose it? Could you elaborate more on it please?

Yes, I sometimes alternate it with WP. When my new doctor ordered a whole blood panel on me. I showed I was "mid range" on T, so I thought I needed to tame it down somewhat.

As far as "Loose it", it's just a tag line, a joke. Like when someone says... " You've lost your mind! " Then you would say back. You have to had a mind, to loose it in the first place. Sort of poking fun at yourself, as it were.

Oh hahaha silly me, i didnt think to that term. Lol.

Thanks a lot iaboy Smile

(28-03-2015, 05:14 AM)iaboy Wrote:  You do have to "aquire a taste for it. I remember the first 2 or 3 times I put it under my tongue. Wasn't bad at first, but boy, does is sneak up on you.

I still haven't and I'm almost through two bottles of a three bottle purchase. I can keep it under the tongue longer, but regardless, most likely I'm going back on the pills. Tongue

O.k. all, I am thinking about adding EPO 1000mg Gel with GLA of 9 %.

Anyone have any thoughts????

(16-04-2015, 11:39 PM)iaboy Wrote:  O.k. all, I am thinking about adding EPO 1000mg Gel with GLA of 9 %.

Anyone have any thoughts????

Iaboy, I think you know what I'd say about EPO,..........I'll say it anyways RolleyesWink, it's a must in NBE.

Sorry, what's EPO?

I know EPO is evening primrose oil, but I'm afraid lotus or iaboy will need to explain its importance.

(21-04-2015, 01:30 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  Sorry, what's EPO?

Evening Primrose Oil extract. It has Gamma Linoleic Acid. Which aids in rebuilding the sub layer's of skin and helps utilize certain fats directly under the skin for aromatizing into Estrogen. It also aids in blood circulation as well. But, most people in the know say not to use more than 2000 - 2500. I haven't been able to wrap my head around the reason, but something to do with actually causing some forms of cancer.

eek. Causing cancer... bad.

There are different forms of omega 6's that cause inflammation, EPO isn't one of them, I know it's confusing but here's a breakdown from UMMC. I'll highlight some of the important facts, but EPO doesn't cause cancer. There's been much discussion about Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), it's a bioactive lipid that elicits a wide range of biological effects associated with inflammation and cancer. But current research is conflicting. Sorry, I guess all this info should be in the research section lol.

Studying modulatory effects of Prostaglandin E2 on dendritic cells-induced apoptosis by breast cancer cells
http://www.lifesciencesite.com/lsj/life1...55_162.pdf

"GLA, AA, EPA and DHA and their metabolites are critically important physiologically. It is no coincidence that all four of these valuable fats are present in the mother’s milk."

Article Published in Journal of Food Lipids; 1996:Vol 3, 4, 233­249
Long Chain Fatty Acids in Health and Nutrition
http://www.ceresconsulting.com/images/J_...s_1996.pdf

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/sup...atty-acids

Omega-6 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids: They are necessary for human health but the body can’t make them -- you have to get them through food. Along with omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function, as well as normal growth and development. Also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), they help stimulate skin and hair growth, maintain bone health, regulate metabolism, and maintain the reproductive system.

A healthy diet contains a balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation, and some omega-6 fatty acids tend to promote inflammation. In fact, some studies suggest that elevated intakes of omega-6 fatty acids may play a role in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. The typical American diet tends to contain 14 - 25 times more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids.
The Mediterranean diet, on the other hand, has a healthier balance between omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Many studies have shown that people who follow this diet are less likely to develop heart disease. The Mediterranean diet does not include much meat (which is high in omega-6 fatty acids, though grass fed beef has a more favorable omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acid ratio) and emphasizes foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, including whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, olive oil, garlic, as well as moderate wine consumption.

There are several different types of omega-6 fatty acids, and not all promote inflammation. Most omega-6 fatty acids in the diet come from vegetable oils, such as linoleic acid (LA). Be careful not to confuse this with alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid. Linoleic acid is converted to gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) in the body. It is then further broken down to arachidonic acid (AA). GLA is found in several plant based oils, including evening primrose oil (EPO), borage oil, and black currant seed oil.

GLA may actually reduce inflammation. Much of the GLA taken as a supplement is converted to a substance called DGLA that fights inflammation. Having enough of certain nutrients in the body (including magnesium, zinc, and vitamins C, B3, and B6) helps promote the conversion of GLA to DGLA.

Source: Omega-6 fatty acids | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/sup...z3N17yp4UP
University of Maryland Medical Center
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook

Breast cancer
One study found that women with breast cancer who took GLA had a better response to tamoxifen (a drug used to treat estrogen sensitive breast cancer) than those who took only tamoxifen. Other studies suggest that GLA inhibits tumor activity among breast cancer cell lines. There is some research suggesting that a diet rich in omega-6 fatty acids may promote breast cancer development.

Source: Omega-6 fatty acids | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/sup...z3N18JqEaq
University of Maryland Medical Center
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook

btw, congrats on your progress iaboy, you look great. Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon