Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why take a break from NBE

I have read many posts that mention that the male writers are taking a break from herbs etc NBE, for so many days...... Why ? I can understand women having a break while menstruating, but why men ? Have I missed something important.
Could someone explain to me please. As I really do not wish to jeopardise my "girls" in their formative years.

Its called "cycling" the main reason is to prevent estrogen dominance. Cycling is often a preventive measure when one might stall on their current program. Breast and other receptors desensitize from over-saturation, and something else called tolerance.

The end result is having to take more to reach that same threshold once achieved from the intial starting dose. One such example is using pain medication, once your body reaches tolerance it takes more and more to achieve the initial therapeutic level, eventually you lose its primary effect. Either you detox/cycle or try something completely different, albeit not in the same class of pain meds.

Imo a mini-detox, or do a 5/2 plan or 6/1 (5 days on 2 off, 6/1 same way) or 3 weeks on 1 week off.

Ahhh Thank you Lotus.
This makes absolute sense, I shall follow this and write up a plan in my diary.
Thank you again Smile

I think for some, the idea of taking a break is to help ensure that the male functionality remains intact. Reading various posts I have seen many mention that long term usage has caused I suppose a state of ED. So taking that break is a means to ensure you're still functional.

The other reasons I have seen is to give your kidneys a break from processing those supplements. I have also seen that some claim that after a break and resuming they notice a jump start in their progress.

So I think the reasons vary from person to person. Your post, and I believe another post have reminded me of a topic I wanted to discuss but is now partially covered here, and partially covered in that other post, so now I am not sure it is worth bringing up. It will be interesting to see what other people's responses are to your thread.

I myself have yet to take any break, but I will probably do so here shortly. I am approaching 4 months next week so I will possibly take a short one week break and then resume. My reasons being that I would like to give my body a break, and I still want to remain functional. Smile

(Oh right Lotus, I also forgot about the cycling reason, slipped my mind)

Yup, great point fire about liver and kidneys. I think the list could also include target tissues, the intestinal tract, possibly even blood proteins since they deliver sex hormones, and a few other things.

I get why genetic males wouldn't think cycling made a difference, and I thought the same too, turns out it does have an impact.

Fire, please feel free to pm me with any concerns.

It is all making it a good reason to take a break, I have done my rota till January 1st. Now all I have to do is remember to look in my diary. Haha Big Grin
Thank you so much for the info lotus and Fire and Ice.

yup, estrogen dominance and desensatization of estrogen receptors,(leads to ED and other not so good things as estrogen is no longer being used for anything and floats around in the system wreaking havoc on lots of diferent things once receptors are no longer using it), "cycling" as its called is for very biological reasons. when women go through it naturally, before they start their menstral cycle, they have lower estrogen levels, but hightened prostrogen(sorry but i think im mispelling it) which gives them a temporary boost in breast growth. this is flushing out the estrogen receptors with a different hormone so they resesitize to estrogen. once the estrogen and prostrogen go back to normal, the boost in breast growth usually goes back to pre-menstral size.

all that being said, i was on a strict, almost religious NBE schedual from feb 12th to march 12. severely lowered my doseages and added flax oil to detox, but didnt stop them outright for 5 days. today i got that wonderful ache in my breasts signaling an upcoming growth spurt. havent had any aches for nearly a month(just the random nipple itching)

id say to give our livers and bodies a break from what we are doing.
we go from living one way to all of a sudden taking herbs (if we've never taken them before) and changing our diets, its all a shock to the system. our bodies are used to being/consuming certain things and most of us make BIG changes when we start nbe from diet, to supplementation etc.
I believe this because of all the changes ive experienced since doing NBE, and a lot for the worse.
But yeh as the others say to stop ourselves from getting used to certain herbs etc and reducing their effectiveness.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon