Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What's going on here???

(07-04-2015, 01:18 AM)kriss555 Wrote:  I think its very important to Share and feel some type of connection from. This is a very important subject for lot of us its are identity and who we feel inside that makes us feel special to us. Whether it's a self conscious feeling or a mixed gender identification its a part of who we are and how we feel. I know i'm going through a lot right now I could use a lot of help also.

Thank you Kriss for your input. Smile I can relate, I know I've seen my fair share of ups and downs, and trying to sort everything out. I still think overall the community here is fantastic. A great bunch of folks generously sharing their experiences and lending a hand. I try and contribute and help where I can, but my knowledge isn't nearly as great as the combined community. Feel free to message me anytime.

(07-04-2015, 10:31 AM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  Well, I am relatively new here as a registered user, but have lurked off and on for years. As an introvert, speaking up on a forum like this is daunting and a bit scary. What if I blow it and get a bad reputation or something? Those thoughts run through your head as well as who wants to hear my opinion anyway.

I generally wait until I have something well thought out to contribute before I start to post on a forum so that I can establish myself. This is the way I am in real life too. I am sure I am not the only one like this, so there will always be more thread visits than replies.

Interestingly though, I am finding that as my E levels in crease and T levels fall, I am getting less introverted and more likely to post. I truly believe that this journey is making me a better person. Smile

Thank you Calmly for your response. Another thing I am familiar with, letting thoughts run away. I am constantly plagued by what if's and rationalizing events, people etc. One of the beauties of online support groups, you're pretty much anonymous, thus providing some buffer and security. Of course it has it drawbacks too with the occasional jerk or bully, but for the most part, it is minimal here.

I was on the fence about sharing my thoughts and opinions, and felt the same, does anyone even care what I have to say?? As I have come to find out, it appears some do. I guess I will continue to share and contribute where I can. Smile

I understand there will always be a much higher view rate than response rate, and I am okay with that. As I've mentioned, it is just disheartening when there's little to no feedback. Unfortunately my mind tends to veer towards the negative, and self doubt. I'm sure there may be some other's that may feel somewhat similar. That's why I try to respond to other's posts when I can.

I hope you continue to grow in self confidence as you progress on your journey, and look forward to hear your perspective throughout the forum. Smile

(07-04-2015, 11:23 AM)spanky Wrote:  I used to visit the picture pages fairly regularly but drifted away a couple of months ago for no particular reason. My guess is that many (including myself) who go to the effort to post selfies are hoping for some positive feedback. It is giving a pretty intimate look at what and how one is doing, and a response is clearly what the poster is hoping for. I will try to do better going forward.

Travel often interrupts my ability to visit the site, as I often travel to locations where there is limited internet access and no real privacy. Other times, it is simply that life gets busy and private time at a computer is one of the first things to get bumped off the schedule.

As for the fighting, I have only noticed it erupting due to an agent provocateur. I prefer to poke fun at that particular person, although that may be enough to feed the monster, which is not really my intention. Other than that, I don't find that the site is plagued with flame wars or pitched battles -- mostly just an occasional skirmish between well-intentioned booblets who have come to be the sort of electronic community that the internet, at its best, makes possible.

Thank you Spanky for your thoughts on this thread. The pictures thread is the one I personally look forward to commentary on. I want to hear others thoughts good or bad. I appreciate constructive criticism, as I hope to improve my progress. As for other topics, I understand my thoughts and opinions aren't everyone's cup of tea. Still appreciate some feedback on those. Smile

I suspect that the daily life possibly contributes to many lulls in posts and contributions in the forum. I guess I just have to keep that in mind. Smile

I think you're right, poking fun of the particular person causing the riff may be quite entertaining, but I think it just feeds into the frenzy. Sometimes it's difficult not to say something.

(07-04-2015, 02:45 PM)sfem Wrote:  As for feedback, some of us have been at this long enough that it gets to feeling very repetitive. I don't generally visit the pics forums, or a number of others. I did post my progress pics quite a while ago, not so much for feedback, but to show what I had accomplished for what I had done. I have had a few requests for updated pics, I may well do one. I have done very little to encourage or maintain growth for some time, and yet they are still there, so perhaps it would provide anecdotal evidence about the permanence of what we do in this community.
Regarding the inevitable conflicts, I generally try to stay away from them, but sometimes I find myself thinking that there are probably enough newbies or other folks susceptible to suggestion that some of the opinions that get presented as facts here should be visibly challenged.
Regarding the trivial things (often related to language and communication skills), sometimes I just can't help myself. Blush

Thanks sfem for replying to my post and your thoughts on it. While I understand the feeling of repetitiveness on here, especially for those that have been on here for a while, it doesn't mean your point of view is not greatly appreciated. You've been there, done that and your analysis, perspective etc. is one of great value. I for one greatly value the input of long term members. It gives me some idea whether or not I'm progressing okay or not. I also appreciate the perspective of newer members as well, especially of those that started around the same time. I suppose that offers to some degree a basis for a bit of comparison.

I usually try to avoid most conflicts, but inevitably I get drawn in and add my two cents. With such a large community, conflicts are bound to happen. I guess recently was just one of those points in time where it seemed like many were a bit ruffled in one way or another.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon