Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Calcium

Hi all, just a quick question about calcium. The Ainterol blurb suggests that we take a calcium supplement, which I've been doing since I started four months ago.

I've now ran out of calcium and am just wondering whether it's worth buying more.

Thanks, Twink. x

PS Have been reading the forum for a long time and the help on here has been invaluable. Sad to see some of you falling out of late. I look up to so many of you.

I read the same thing on their site. I was going to take calcium supplements but decided I was too lazy. I have not taken any calcium supplements and I think I'm doing fine with out. I though I read on here some one recommending not to take calcium but I can't locate the thread at the moment. I'd say try not taking it for a while and see if it makes a difference to you. Save you some cash too. Smile

(05-04-2015, 02:15 AM)Fire And Ice Wrote:  I read the same thing on their site. I was going to take calcium supplements but decided I was too lazy. I have not taken any calcium supplements and I think I'm doing fine with out. I though I read on here some one recommending not to take calcium but I can't locate the thread at the moment. I'd say try not taking it for a while and see if it makes a difference to you. Save you some cash too. Smile

Thanks, lovely! x

Hi Twinklepose,

If you drink milk then you'll have no problem at all with Calcium. When I started having blood tests my calcium was high and asked not to take additional beyond what I would get dietary. I'd recommend getting some blood work done to see where all your levels are.

Arielle

Read somewhere it had to do with leg cramps.
Is that the case?
Sometimes at night my one of my calf muscles twists up pretty tight.
Its a beach of a way to wake up. Rolleyes

Regarding calcium, I'd recommend anyone concerned to use Google and research Vitamins D3 and K2. It's generally considered that most people who do not work outside are deficient in D3. There are various home test kits available which involve a skin prick and blood spots being sent off to a lab.

While it's possible to overdose on Vit D3 (hence the advisability of a blood test) it is not considered possible to o.d. on Vit K2.

The interaction, as I understand it simplistically, is that D3 makes the calcium available in your bloodstream and K2 directs it to where it belongs.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...and-k.aspx

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...in-k2.aspx

B.

Calcium is recommended because it is supposed to help with absorption of the PM into the bloodstream.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon