Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Permanent Hair Removal Cream

I've racked up 99 hours of electrolysis over the past 6 or 7 months. I still have about 10% of my facial hair to kill off. I've spent close to $9K getting this far. If there was an easier, cheaper way to get rid of body hair, the inventor would become rich and famous overnight.

Even laser is ineffective unless you have WHITE skin and BLACK hair. A male facial follicle is one of hardest things to destroy. It takes multiple hits with high heat, each successive hit weakening the follicle more and more till it dies.

I'm now on a two week treatment cycle. Every two weeks I endure the needle until my whole face and neck is cleared. It took 4.5 hours last time. Each session is taking less and less time to clear. I pay $85 an hour for epilator time.

I'm hoping to be 99% hair free by the end of the year.

If I had very dark hair I'd do laser for several cycles and then switch to electrolysis to reduce the overall cost somewhat. Laser alone will not get you there by itself.

Oh, and if you expect to transition later on, start beard removal a year or two beforehand. Having to grow out your facial hair for 3 or 4 days every two weeks (or what ever your cycle is) is a major inconvenience.

Clara

(09-06-2015, 12:54 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I've racked up 99 hours of electrolysis over the past 6 or 7 months. I still have about 10% of my facial hair to kill off. I've spent close to $9K getting this far. If there was an easier, cheaper way to get rid of body hair, the inventor would become rich and famous overnight.

Even laser is ineffective unless you have WHITE skin and BLACK hair. A male facial follicle is one of hardest things to destroy. It takes multiple hits with high heat, each successive hit weakening the follicle more and more till it dies.

I'm now on a two week treatment cycle. Every two weeks I endure the needle until my whole face and neck is cleared. It took 4.5 hours last time. Each session is taking less and less time to clear. I pay $85 an hour for epilator time.

I'm hoping to be 99% hair free by the end of the year.

If I had very dark hair I'd do laser for several cycles and then switch to electrolysis to reduce the overall cost somewhat. Laser alone will not get you there by itself.

Oh, and if you expect to transition later on, start beard removal a year or two beforehand. Having to grow out your facial hair for 3 or 4 days every two weeks (or what ever your cycle is) is a major inconvenience.

Clara

Thank you for the advice. Two obstacles I cannot wait to overcome: muscley arms and facial hair! Any suggestions for thin, almost peachfuzzy body hair?

I think I'll go back to using my Tria over the next 3 months as it did reduce the hair on my cheeks after 4 weeks/4 treatments (just not on Death Star setting 5...again...like ouch).

Hopefully, I can find a good electrolysis place when I move to Vancouver to take care of the remaining red/white hairs.

I've been emailing the HairFree company back and forth, I'll post their responses here so that anyone considering HairFree will have more information from both sides. In short, they say male facial hair is difficult to treat (we know Rolleyes) and that their product's effects last up to 6 years. They say they take liberties in claiming permanent because finer, downy hair is removed on a permanent basis. I also asked about combining with laser treatment, so without further ado, Here's their (long) responses:

*I am really disappointed that you have had such bad results using HairFree on your facial hair. Male facial hair which has been regularly shaved for years is very difficult to successfully treat with any hair removal method, permanent or temporary.

Our own photo-specrum analysis of hair strands from the face shows that this type of hair is up to eight times thicker than normal hair from other parts of the body.

HairFree is a balanced formulation of active ingredients designed to respond to average hair thicknesses found typically on the arms and legs of a man or woman.

Male facial hair from younger men which has not been regularly shaved and is thinner and less dense does respond well to treatment with HairFree.

The results you have experienced are not typical of those obtained when HairFree is used on legs and arms, etc. Our product works well on male non-facial hair and we receive hundreds of testimonials vouching this from the thousands of customers that we have helped since the product was launched two years ago.

In response to this problem we have been developing an advanced version of our product specifically designed to work on thick, androgen-driven male facial hair. The biggest challenge we have faced developing this product is to reach a balance between the strength of the active ingredient and its effectiveness. Too strong an active ingredient causes skin irritation. Too weak an active ingredient does not do the job. After months of clinical trials we believe we have achieved the right balance and will be adding this new product to our range at the end of this year when product registration formalities have been completed.

In our efforts to satisfy a wide range of hair removal needs we may not have made it absolutely clear that thick male facial hair that has been regularly shaved is extremely difficult to treat. For that we can only apologise for raising the expectations of customers too high. We hope those who have not had the success they expected from HairFree will give us another chance and try our new our new product when it is launched at the end of this year.

If you feel inclined to publish this response on the blogs where you have posted the results of your tests we would be most grateful.

**Regarding the new, stronger version of HairFree, this will cost more than the existing HairFree No.1 and will retail at US$69.95 per 75ml tube. The results will last between one and a half years to 6 years but it is difficult to put an exact time on this because our tests have shown that there are big differences between the various types of male beard hair. For instance our trials have found that the roots of thin, “downy” blond hair can be neutralized indefinitely, whereas the roots of thick black hair can re–awaken after 18 – 24 months.

When a hair root is “neutralized” with HairFree there are elements of the matrix bulb which are still present. The hair root can re-establish itself a few years later, or sometimes not at all. That’s why we say that on average hair growth will cease for ”up to six years”. We have felt at liberty to claim “permanent” hair removal because, in some cases, there has been no re-growth.

We have always honoured our refund policy and have issued 100% refunds to users who have not had good results. Our guarantee period is limited to 60 days which we feel is long enough for the customer to decide if they are happy or not with the results.

When the new product is released we will be happy to offer a discount of 50% to existing customers who have had disappointing results using the product on their beard hair. We will issue a unique coupon code to any customer contacting us.

***I will keep you posted regarding the release date of the stronger version of HairFree for beard hair.

Thank you for including my comments in your blog posts. I think this will give readers a more balanced view and hopefully they will realise the difficulties we are up against when it comes to dealing with beard hair.

We have a number of clients who have combined the use of HairFree with laser treatment. HairFree should not be applied skin recently traumatized by laser treatment. It should be applied 3 – 4 days after laser treatment to allow time for the hair follicle to heal. Laser treatment traumatises the hair root. The effects of HairFree are slower, natural and more gentle. Using HairFree after laser treatment has the effect of speeding up the healing process of the damage done to the hair root by lasers. This does not reactivate the root but helps to consolidate the neutralizing effects of laser treatment.

Please feel free to come back with any other questions.

We are looking at a share offering in a few months time. As we are expanding our range of hair removal products as we develop our technology it would be a good time to invest.

This is a lot of bull. Depilatories do not destroy hair follicles. Don't waste your money.

Clara Smile

I tested it on my facial hair, it didn't work. Wink But I wouldn't be objective if I didn't post their side of the story in response.

In summary, what they said is every type of hair, except peachfuzz, is only removed on a temporary basis -- up to 6 years.

All in all, 2 months and $130 was an ok experiment if it helps save others their money. Wink Even if, as they say, it does work after a longer period of treatment...it certainly isn't worth the money spent for "up to 6 years" when it is only a little more to get laser or electrolysis.

The claim that it removes hair up to 6 years is very misleading. Let me fill you in on some basic knowledge about hair growth.....

To stop hair growth you have to KILL the follicle that produces the hair. Once a follicle is killed off, it's gone forever. It will never produce another hair.

Follicles grow hair on a cycle which include the anagen (growth), catagen (transition), and telogen (resting) phases. The length of a hair's cycle varies by hair location on the body and your genetics. The anagen (growth) phase for facial hair can be as short as 2 months to as long as 6 years. The longer the growth cycle, the longer you can grow your beard. But, the growth phase will vary in length among the follicles on your face. If you remove a short cycle hair from your face, it will grow back soon. For a long cycle follicle, it takes longer.

To kill a follicle, the hair has to be in the anagen (growth) phase. Relatively few facial hairs are in the growth phase at any particular point in time which is why it take so long to complete and permanently remove facial hair.

It's impossible to kill a follicle with a depilatory (like Hair Free), and it's difficult to impossible with laser. Only electrolysis (flash thermolysis or galvanic blend) is capable of killing a follicle, and even then it will depend on the skill of the electrologist using flash thermolysis to deliver the heat energy directly to the papilla. Blend is more effective at killing a follicle, because it produces lye which runs down the hair shaft to kill the papilla.

The best you can expect from Hair Free is a delay in the regrowth of facial hair, but it will take many applications over many months to start seeing results. But, when you stop using it, all the hair will eventually come back.

Sorry, that's the nature of the beast.

Clara

Can I shift the discussion to plucking.
I pluck my eyebrows for a distinctly feminine arch but the little buggers keep growing back.

Does pulling a hair out by the root eliminate the ability to regrow

(18-11-2015, 03:40 PM)dcdee Wrote:  Can I shift the discussion to plucking.
I pluck my eyebrows for a distinctly feminine arch but the little buggers keep growing back.

Does pulling a hair out by the root eliminate the ability to regrow

I have been pulling the hairs out of my nose for years, so far I have not seen a difference. After a few days that are back again.

Having been using an epilator for years, I would have to say that plucking will eliminate some of the hair. It will also make it finer as well so that it is easier to pluck or shave next time.

It's not perfect though, I still have some 20 or so chest hairs that seem to keep coming back. (I started with around 100-200 so I didn't have a lot to begin with) Same with my under arms, not much coming back there either.

I gave up trying to pluck facial hair though, that hurts too much, just use a razor on that.

I haven't done a lot of eyebrow plucking, so can't say for sure, but I believe you would get less eventually.

I've been using an epilator for over ten years. Over time it has plucked out the roots of my chest hair and most of my pubic hair. These hairs have not grown back. My breasts, once moderately hairy, are now permanently smooth, as smooth as my wife's. Those pubic haurs that remain grow back very fine and soft.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon