Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Resurgence in acne?

Hello all.

It's been over two months since going cold turkey on pm and I've been developing some acne on my shoulders. I'm wondering if my not taking pm anymore has anything to do with this. Has anyone who gone cold turkey noticed this or related changes to their bodies?

(28-04-2015, 11:27 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Hello all.

It's been over two months since going cold turkey on pm and I've been developing some acne on my shoulders. I'm wondering if my not taking pm anymore has anything to do with this. Has anyone who gone cold turkey noticed this or related changes to their bodies?

Your male production of sebum will increase and that is likely to aggravate it.

I don't do cold turkey anymore and my previously very greasy skin, that I needed to wash several times a day, is now dry as a bone.

Diet can be a factor. You might want to google "acne" together with "Low carb" .

B.

During my breaks I haven't experienced any acne.

Flamesabers,

Prior to going to see the endocrinologist I went cold turkey so my system would have a good baseline for him to gather data about my T&E levels. I too noticed a resurgence of acne just like you described. So, I totally agree with bryony's comments. And, diet is a contributor as well in my case.

KellyT

Now that I restarted pm, I'm hoping the acne will clear up soon.

I still get acne if I have junk food. I rarely consume junk food anymore, so it really stands out when I do. Soda pop is the worst thing for acne in my case. These days I might have as many as 5 pops a year, usually to be sociable. I have never observed any relationship between PM and acne or the lack thereof.

(03-06-2015, 12:18 PM)sfem Wrote:  I still get acne if I have junk food. I rarely consume junk food anymore, so it really stands out when I do. Soda pop is the worst thing for acne in my case. These days I might have as many as 5 pops a year, usually to be sociable. I have never observed any relationship between PM and acne or the lack thereof.

I don't think I ate anymore junk food than usual while I was going cold turkey with pm. In a few weeks or months I guess I'll see if there is connection between pm and acne for me.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon