Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Transgender Officer in the Australian Military

https://youtu.be/wPsYWN-mW-s

This lady has a lot more guts than I would in her place. She was the highest ranking trans in the Australian Army, but recently got an inter-service transfer/promotion (and yes, they knew) and is now in the air force. She is the highest ranking trans in any military anywhere in the world.

Oh, and has been the subject of attacks from religious hate groups who want her sacked.

(27-05-2015, 10:36 AM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  https://youtu.be/wPsYWN-mW-s

This lady has a lot more guts than I would in her place. She was the highest ranking trans in the Australian Army, but recently got an inter-service transfer/promotion (and yes, they knew) and is now in the air force. She is the highest ranking trans in any military anywhere in the world.

Oh, and has been the subject of attacks from religious hate groups who want her sacked.

Very brave to say the least.

Amazing individual. I find it interesting to see the difference in how the word "gender" appears to not be so laden with connotations in their discussion compared to the public discussion that seems to be taking place in North America. I wonder if it speaks to the nature of the resistance to recognition of diversity that exists in the general population of Australia compared to the Americas. Or maybe the Aussies see "gender" as your physical attributes. I also particularly like Cate's comment near the end about how he(?) doesn't see himself(?) as a woman, because of the differences between a genetically physical female body and one produced through modern transition techniques. I can really identify with that comment. He(?) has an amazingly sane view of his history and future IMHO. I wish him(?) all the best.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon