Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

price of hormones

What are the price of hormones? What insurances cover them...

Thanks!!!

(05-06-2015, 02:19 AM)Ausha Wrote:  What are the price of hormones? What insurances cover them...

Thanks!!!

It depends on which hormones you are getting and yes some insurances do cover them but only for medical necessity which can sometimes be difficult to get approval for. My insurance is currently NOT covering my HRT so I am purchasing them online. I spend between $100.00 - $150.00 a month for my 4 different hormones and medications. However.. I am purchasing Spiroanalactone, Finestaride, Estrogen and Progesterone each month (1 month supply) so my costs may be more than yours depending on which meds/hormones you need get.

~Elain

(05-06-2015, 02:49 AM)ElainMoria Wrote:  
(05-06-2015, 02:19 AM)Ausha Wrote:  What are the price of hormones? What insurances cover them...

Thanks!!!

It depends on which hormones you are getting and yes some insurances do cover them but only for medical necessity which can sometimes be difficult to get approval for. My insurance is currently NOT covering my HRT so I am purchasing them online. I spend between $100.00 - $150.00 a month for my 4 different hormones and medications. However.. I am purchasing Spiroanalactone, Finestaride, Estrogen and Progesterone each month (1 month supply) so my costs may be more than yours depending on which meds/hormones you need get.

~Elain

Ah... that's good to know. Can you link me specifically to the estrogen? Do you need a prescription to buy the ones your getting?

I'd recommend working with a medical professional, helps make sure everything is on the up and up.

Here's a link to Transgendercare There's some good info about a few different HRT regimens.

(06-06-2015, 04:54 AM)Ausha Wrote:  
(05-06-2015, 02:49 AM)ElainMoria Wrote:  

Thanks!!!

~Elain

Ah... that's good to know. Can you link me specifically to the estrogen? Do you need a prescription to buy the ones your getting?

No prescription is needed here:

http://www.alldaychemist.com/progynova-5655.html

However I do agree with Lana that working with a physician while taking hormones is a must. Estrogen can cause DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and Pulmonary Embolisms. You really need to have at least a doctor who is willing to order the regular blood tests you will need to ensure your health and wellness. They don't have to be on-board and prescribing hormones etc but they def need to be on-board with ordering the blood tests for your safety. Failure to monitor your blood serum levels etc can cost you your life or injure you very badly and severely compromise your health and life. Don't take what I am saying lightly... I know people who were taking Estrogen and developed a Pulmonary Embolism and their quality of life... is terrible.

~Elain

p.s. when you place an order with ADC they send you an e-mail with a link to their payment page... if you don't go to their payment page and make your payment there your order will never be filled.

If you google TransHealth in your area, they may be able to help you find an experienced, or at least, transfriendly doctor. TransHealth.vch.ca (for Vancouver/BC) helped me find one close to my town.

Here's a few more links, I hope they help:

http://www.trans-health.com/clinics/

http://transhealth.ucsf.edu/

http://www.transhealthcoordinators.org/

Lana

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon