Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Caitlyn Jenner

This topic is to mostly discuss what we have heard others say in relation to Caitlyn. and limited discussion on our own thoughts.

FYI this was from mostly overhearing things and overall never bringing up the subject myself.

Locally I have been hearing some quite mixed thoughts and opinions of others, and often many are quite unexpected.

Many Women in this area seem to have a shall we say "Caustic" opinions, oddly most of the ones with such opinions are what I would guess to be in the 30 to 50 ish age bracket with the most that have positive or neutral opinions being in the younger and older ages.

Even stranger very few Men have opinions that are even remotely as negative, some do have negative opinions, but they are mostly the uber macho "life is supposed to be hell" type that tend to get drunk every other night.

The Caustic Women I will call them seem to be under the impression that Caitlyn is some-kind of "Invader" and or pervert.
(Most clean/polite way I can think of to describe it) [TERF's Perhaps?]

The Men who were positive had comments that almost made me wonder if they had GD themselves, or were simply that willing to do a fair bit of research into it.

Either way quite an eye opener.

(21-06-2015, 05:55 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  This topic is to mostly discuss what we have heard others say in relation to Caitlyn. and limited discussion on our own thoughts.

FYI this was from mostly overhearing things and overall never bringing up the subject myself.

Locally I have been hearing some quite mixed thoughts and opinions of others, and often many are quite unexpected.

Many Women in this area seem to have a shall we say "Caustic" opinions, oddly most of the ones with such opinions are what I would guess to be in the 30 to 50 ish age bracket with the most that have positive or neutral opinions being in the younger and older ages.

Even stranger very few Men have opinions that are even remotely as negative, some do have negative opinions, but they are mostly the uber macho "life is supposed to be hell" type that tend to get drunk every other night.

The Caustic Women I will call them seem to be under the impression that Caitlyn is some-kind of "Invader" and or pervert.
(Most clean/polite way I can think of to describe it) [TERF's Perhaps?]

The Men who were positive had comments that almost made me wonder if they had GD themselves, or were simply that willing to do a fair bit of research into it.

Either way quite an eye opener.

We had this discussion, per se, a few weeks ago, it got pretty nasty!!
Some think it's only being done for fame and money. Some, surprisingly, even a few of those that frequent THIS site, think no matter happens, it'll ALWAYS be Bruce and will never be a woman! And that he's not a hero for coming out about it.

::Steps back a bit to watch the shit fly!:: :-o

I have about 100 Facebook friends and most could be classified as conservative, Christian, fundamentalists to some degree or another. That, by the way, is the group I USED to run with until being transgender slapped me in the face! Karma right? So, to answer your question Lenneth, 3-4 dude's I know are having a lot of fun at Caitlyn's expense. For example, one posted a picture of a puppy with the caption, "BRUCE Jenner's cat". While they aren't hateful comments, they're certainly full of condescension and ridicule. I'm not out 100%, and certainly not on Facebook, so I've been biting my tongue ...very hard! Everyone in my workplace knows about me so if they had negative things to say, which I don't think any of them do, they wouldn't mention them in my presence.

Our Church (fundamental, conservative & evangelical) announced shortly after the Diane Sawyer interview, that the elder board was going to craft a "transgender position statement", probably in response to all the people calling the office asking, "what are we supposed to think of this?" Who knows what their presuppositions are. Perhaps they WANT to be OK with Caitlyn but are checking to see what the, "Church says". Perhaps they are bigots who want the church to support their opposition. Either way, I think it's a shame they can't figure out their own opinion without consulting 12 cis gendered males and a predominantly male gendered pastoral team. I'm all but certain the statement will read something like this, "It's OK to have transgender feelings, just don't do anything about it (hormones, surgery, dressing etc)." I was going to fight it but gave up because it caused me too much stress at a time when I have enough battles to fight with my own personal coming out.

(21-06-2015, 06:41 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  We had this discussion, per se, a few weeks ago, it got pretty nasty!!
Some think it's only being done for fame and money. Some, surprisingly, even a few of those that frequent THIS site, think no matter happens, it'll ALWAYS be Bruce and will never be a woman! And that he's not a hero for coming out about it.

Part of why I started this one and limited the scope of the discussion.
I did not care for the sewer that thread became.

(22-06-2015, 10:28 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  I have about 100 Facebook friends and most could be classified as conservative, Christian, fundamentalists to some degree or another. That, by the way, is the group I USED to run with until being transgender slapped me in the face! Karma right? So, to answer your question Lenneth, 3-4 dude's I know are having a lot of fun at Caitlyn's expense. For example, one posted a picture of a puppy with the caption, "BRUCE Jenner's cat". While they aren't hateful comments, they're certainly full of condescension and ridicule. I'm not out 100%, and certainly not on Facebook, so I've been biting my tongue ...very hard! Everyone in my workplace knows about me so if they had negative things to say, which I don't think any of them do, they wouldn't mention them in my presence.

yeah that kind of stuff is some of the negative comments i've heard/seen as well.

my own mother had a little tirade (don't ask I wont repeat it) a few months back just about some T-girls her employer hired and I blew a gasket over it (in front of a dinner guest to) and am honestly shocked that I didn't out myself.

Sometimes you can only stand to hear so much before a proverbial nuke goes off.

(22-06-2015, 10:28 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  Our Church (fundamental, conservative & evangelical) announced shortly after the Diane Sawyer interview, that the elder board was going to craft a "transgender position statement", probably in response to all the people calling the office asking, "what are we supposed to think of this?" Who knows what their presuppositions are. Perhaps they WANT to be OK with Caitlyn but are checking to see what the, "Church says". Perhaps they are bigots who want the church to support their opposition. Either way, I think it's a shame they can't figure out their own opinion without consulting 12 cis gendered males and a predominantly male gendered pastoral team. I'm all but certain the statement will read something like this, "It's OK to have transgender feelings, just don't do anything about it (hormones, surgery, dressing etc)." I was going to fight it but gave up because it caused me too much stress at a time when I have enough battles to fight with my own personal coming out.

yeah similar issues with my own church, Gender Issues = Verboten/Taboo/Uber Stigma with similar restrictions etc if they don't just up and completely expel you.

some actually research things & try to understand, others just have a variable knee jerk annurisim over anything like that (usually the Gossips & ones that pretend to be rich) and will try to verbally drag you through the mud endlessly.

part of why I haven't told anyone & tend to be a tad paranoid about anyone linking anything back to me.

it's not really my religion itself that has the problem though, it is just some of the brainless bigots that seem to gravitate to it.Sad

back on Caitlyn though, today I actually heard a local radio talk show host (male) verbally rip other hosts (2 were women fyi) a new one for their idiotic regurgitated bad jokes about her.

I was impressed to say the least.

on my own dealings with people on the subject though, when asked anything about it I simply answer.

"Is it Intentionally causing harm to someone else?" when they say No/well, I guess not I finish "then what is the problem with it?" usually leaves them nowhere to go or makes them think.

(23-06-2015, 09:40 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  [quote='WantAPair' pid='153794' dateline='1434865293']
We had this discussion, per se, a few weeks ago, it got pretty nasty!!

Part of why I started this one and limited the scope of the discussion.
I did not care for the sewer that thread became.

Cool! Thanks!!

(23-06-2015, 09:40 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  Sometimes you can only stand to hear so much before a proverbial nuke goes off.

Haha, yeah, I did the same. Here's my (I gotta say something) accidental Facebook rant to one of my close minded "Christian" friends who brought Caitlyn up and said some derogatory things about her...

"The evangelicals claim to have the truest truths of Christianity and the most favor and love of God but from the outside looking in, I don't see anything of the sort. it appears as thought being transgender is not a legitimate condition nor is its treatment acceptable. Seems pretty unloving and hypocritical to me. If she had a cleft pallet, cancer, epilepsy, depression or a host of other conditions she'd have their blessing ...but not transgender. And even if you're right, when Caitlyn's painful life is over, shouldn't she and her choices be between her and God alone?

(23-06-2015, 09:40 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  it's not really my religion itself that has the problem though, it is just some of the brainless bigots that seem to gravitate to it.Sad

That's a good word Lenneth and I need to keep reminding myself of that every day because I'm trying really hard not to lose my faith OR become cynical towards it. It's the idiots, not God, who are rejecting me.

(23-06-2015, 09:40 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  "Is it Intentionally causing harm to someone else?" when they say No/well, I guess not I finish "then what is the problem with it?" usually leaves them nowhere to go or makes them think.

That's a great response, one I haven't yet had the opportunity to use though. I think people are afraid to ask ME what I think about Caitlyn because they suspect, but can't believe, I might be doing the same thing.

(23-06-2015, 03:15 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  
(23-06-2015, 09:40 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  Sometimes you can only stand to hear so much before a proverbial nuke goes off.

Haha, yeah, I did the same. Here's my (I gotta say something) accidental Facebook rant to one of my close minded "Christian" friends who brought Caitlyn up and said some derogatory things about her...

"The evangelicals claim to have the truest truths of Christianity and the most favor and love of God but from the outside looking in, I don't see anything of the sort. it appears as thought being transgender is not a legitimate condition nor is its treatment acceptable. Seems pretty unloving and hypocritical to me. If she had a cleft pallet, cancer, epilepsy, depression or a host of other conditions she'd have their blessing ...but not transgender. And even if you're right, when Caitlyn's painful life is over, shouldn't she and her choices be between her and God alone?

Nice!

Oddly i've encountered a few who actually refuse to believe that both Depression & Epilepsy are legitimate problems, both religious & atheists.

One good example of one was once in church, a woman started to have an Epileptic seizure, several rushed to aid her & prevent her injuring herself, one such idiot walked over & said "I see she is trying to get attention again & succeeding with you fools." before walking away.

what part of eyes rolled back, convulsing & foaming bloody foam (she bit her tongue) at the mouth made him think it was a "put on" I have no idea....Angry

I mentioned that though to make a point, the only "problem" with any religion is with sociopathic individuals who are only there to use it as a control mechanism & or stick to beat others with, sadly individuals like that are simply a hazard of life.

Should you throw away or destroy a perfectly good coffee mug simply because a fly that was just on a turd landed on it? no, you go and wash it.

(23-06-2015, 09:40 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  it's not really my religion itself that has the problem though, it is just some of the brainless bigots that seem to gravitate to it.Sad

That's a good word Lenneth and I need to keep reminding myself of that every day because I'm trying really hard not to lose my faith OR become cynical towards it. It's the idiots, not God, who are rejecting me.

I know, sometimes it seems like you are fighting a battle up the side of a cliff, it is easy to get down about things with how relentless some can be at trying to grind you down.

(23-06-2015, 09:40 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  "Is it Intentionally causing harm to someone else?" when they say No/well, I guess not I finish "then what is the problem with it?" usually leaves them nowhere to go or makes them think.

That's a great response, one I haven't yet had the opportunity to use though. I think people are afraid to ask ME what I think about Caitlyn because they suspect, but can't believe, I might be doing the same thing.

I have several like that, sometimes the level of blatant willful ignorance I see some people display really makes me wonder if the human race is doomed at times.

other times I get surprises that give me a fair bit of hope like the unexpected positive comments about Caitlyn I mentioned above.

others though like the caustic comments though make me think a brick has more brains than they do.

Isn't the moral high ground obvious in this issue? It's Caitlyn's body and she can do whatever she wants with it. No one else has any authority here, period. No one.

IMO we need to stop legitimizing those systems of thinking which perpetuate interference in the private lives of others. Unfortunately, that is nearly all of today's institutions and a huge percentage of individuals. It's the age-old problem of control versus freedom, which i think is perhaps the most significant issue that humanity faces, going all the way back to our roots as a genetically modified/created species.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon