Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why are we transgender?

Did you know that gender identity is a natural phenomenon in the development of the human embryo? For years, I believed the religious bullshit superstition that produced the cultural environment in which those of us who don't conform to the binary gender paradigm struggle to survive. Only science and education will overcome ignorance.

Please take the time to watch this excellent presentation on what science has determined concerning this important and timely issue.

Origins of Diversity of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

Clara

I've often wondered if it's something to do with the shots we're forced to get the minute we're born!! There's some pretty unpleasant shit in those shots!! If I ever have kids, they aren't getting any!! Or, it could be stuff given to the mother when pregnant. Back in the `50's they were giving pregnant women thalidomide, which produced a LOT of deformed babies!! One guy I went to school with had one normal arm and the other never grew bigger than it was when he was a baby, and it was kind of turned backwards!! When my mother was pregnant, they figured out that I was going to be a large baby and probably grow quite tall, so they offered to give her something to keep me normal height, but she refused!! Later, it was found that that stuff was VERY nasty and had terrible results!!!!
I just have to wonder if it IS drug related, because there were so few TS's before the `70's!! Either that or there WERE just as many, they just were never reported.

The Dr. mentioned DES babies, so sure external factors can play a part. But, the body's natural processes don't always work exactly on cue. I think most of us are the result of natural variations in the concentration and timing of testosterone in the womb during the first 12 weeks of gestation. It's normal variations, just like other variations in humans that we don't give a second thought to.

Clara

"During week 1 thru 12, in the absence of any testosterone or a Y chromosome, the fetus will become a female." In other words, the mere existence of a Y chromosome is not enough to produce a male fetus, there must be testosterone in sufficient amount and at the proper time to produce a male fetus.

This theory tallies partly with a supposition that I have heard which is that some of us have been caused or at least triggered by the hormone treatments taken to help prevent miscarriage during pregnancy, particularly those administered in the 50's and 60's.

This has always seemed plausible to me, particularly as I have recently learned, purely by accident, that my Mum was one of these who, after losing a number of babies prematurely, had been taking this preventative treatment whilst pregnant with me. Which hormones were involved, I haven't yet accurately determined.

I don't hold it against her in the slightest, far from it... I may not even be here had she not been trying, what was then, somewhat experimental treatments.

Miranda

(21-06-2015, 09:34 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  "During week 1 thru 12, in the absence of any testosterone or a Y chromosome, the fetus will become a female." In other words, the mere existence of a Y chromosome is not enough to produce a male fetus, there must be testosterone in sufficient amount and at the proper time to produce a male fetus.
If I recall correctly, we are ALL female for the first 3 months, then, if we're to become a boy, the T kicks in and the clit becomes the penis, etc., etc.. It's POSSIBLE I suppose, that, in some cases, the T doesn't kick in when it's supposed to and the baby MAY be female a bit longer and maybe that's what makes some a M to F TS. The cognition of being female in the fetuses brain sticks too long and it's already starting to think of itself as female when the T finally kicks in late. So, when he is born, he's already got being female in set in stone in his head. In this scenario, I'm thinking that it's possible that the brain's sexual identification doesn't get turned on until week 12 when the T is SUPPOSED to take affect, but, if it doesn't for a few days, weeks, the brain's sexual ID is already turned and picks up the message (programming, if you will) that it's female. Or, it knows it's female at first and at 12 weeks, the deciding factor (hormones) that tell it whether it is to change to male or not are not yet present, and, at that crucial moment, the brain locks into position as female, but then the body starts to change to male! I'm not quite sure how that could work for a F to M TS. Maybe the fetus HAS the Y, but it just never kicks in, so, even though it's born a girl, it still has this notion SOMEWHERE in it's "programming", BECAUSE of the Y being in there SOMEWHERE, that it was supposed to be a boy. It's just my hypothesis.

(21-06-2015, 10:04 PM)Miranda-nata-est Wrote:  This theory tallies partly with a supposition that I have heard which is that some of us have been caused or at least triggered by the hormone treatments taken to help prevent miscarriage during pregnancy, particularly those administered in the 50's and 60's.

This has always seemed plausible to me, particularly as I have recently learned, purely by accident, that my Mum was one of these who, after losing a number of babies prematurely, had been taking this preventative treatment whilst pregnant with me. Which hormones were involved, I haven't yet accurately determined.

I don't hold it against her in the slightest, far from it... I may not even be here had she not been trying, what was then, somewhat experimental treatments.

Miranda
Nor SHOULD you hold it against her! I'm pretty sure that, if your supposition is correct (I think it is, too!), she probably had no idea what she was having done to her.

Yup, you got it. Watch the video, the Dr. talks about the FTM, too.

(21-06-2015, 08:05 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  I've often wondered if it's something to do with the shots we're forced to get the minute we're born!! There's some pretty unpleasant shit in those shots!! If I ever have kids, they aren't getting any!! Or, it could be stuff given to the mother when pregnant. Back in the `50's they were giving pregnant women thalidomide, which produced a LOT of deformed babies!! One guy I went to school with had one normal arm and the other never grew bigger than it was when he was a baby, and it was kind of turned backwards!! When my mother was pregnant, they figured out that I was going to be a large baby and probably grow quite tall, so they offered to give her something to keep me normal height, but she refused!! Later, it was found that that stuff was VERY nasty and had terrible results!!!!
I just have to wonder if it IS drug related, because there were so few TS's before the `70's!! Either that or there WERE just as many, they just were never reported.

Before the 80's there were few computers and minimal internet. Back in the good ole days. One just struggled with gender, became gay or closet gay. (ie you wanted to be or dress like a girl, so naturally you would think you were supposed to attract guys). In todays era there is so much information at your fingertips its scary. One can self diagnose themselves for any disease, with WebMD. That doesnt fix you it just make you a little smarter about what your issue may be.
So with all this info out there, its easy for TG's to find help, and blogs forums, and social groups too.
Bobbi

(21-06-2015, 10:34 PM)Happyme Wrote:  
(21-06-2015, 08:05 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  I've often wondered if it's something to do with the shots we're forced to get the minute we're born!! There's some pretty unpleasant shit in those shots!! If I ever have kids, they aren't getting any!! Or, it could be stuff given to the mother when pregnant. Back in the `50's they were giving pregnant women thalidomide, which produced a LOT of deformed babies!! One guy I went to school with had one normal arm and the other never grew bigger than it was when he was a baby, and it was kind of turned backwards!! When my mother was pregnant, they figured out that I was going to be a large baby and probably grow quite tall, so they offered to give her something to keep me normal height, but she refused!! Later, it was found that that stuff was VERY nasty and had terrible results!!!!

Before the 80's there were few computers and minimal internet. Back in the good ole days. One just struggled with gender, became gay or closet gay. (ie you wanted to be or dress like a girl, so naturally you would think you were supposed to attract guys). In todays era there is so much information at your fingertips its scary. One can self diagnose themselves for any disease, with WebMD. That doesnt fix you it just make you a little smarter about what your issue may be.
So with all this info out there, its easy for TG's to find help, and blogs forums, and social groups too.
Bobbi
The internet as we know it didn't start until the late `90's (it may have had it's beginnings in the late `80's), but I knew of lots of TS people as far back as the early `70's.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon