Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Loosing strength and muscle mass

(04-08-2015, 10:16 AM)Huggy Wrote:  [...]

I can only speak personally, and perhaps I have become a little older in my attitude that I realised. I have spent my entire adult life living in a body which even by other men's standards is strong an I do genuinely appreciate the advantages that has given me. And I will admit that when I was younger I did play into that quite a bit. But I have also realised that the ability to heft large rocks is not what defines me. Strength comes in many forms and if/when I find I have to work a little harder to get things done, then so be it. I have come to accept that my days of cow hurling is probably over. Considering the level of strength I still have I would not be surprised if that does reduce quite noticeably (I have more to loose I guess), but even at the extreme end of that possible swing, I have to assume that I would still be at the strong end of the female range of strength? And funnily enough, they seem to cope ok?
[...]

Hi, Huggy.
Without rancor to the females and Trans* sisters -
Most women get heavy things moved by asking for help. This comes up a lot in discussions regarding women in military and in sports, where T* athletes are seen as having an "unfair advantage." In some cases, I believe they do, such as MMA. In others, such as Golf? Maybe not so much that it matters. E.G., the leverage is still different, but you have tall women and lanky women competing who can match or beat the T* athletes, and vice-versa. Whereas, in MMA, if they went through male puberty - the bones are set with different leverage, different joint flexibility, different muscle growth (IE, like a steroid cycle if they trained well.) Like the female marine who's been vocal about NOT having women in combat roles - and she's been there, so I'd listen to what she says. If she says women get hurt too easily and become ineffective as a result, I'd listen.

Anyway - point was, most women get things done either with much more teamwork, or by getting someone else ("A big, Strong, Man..." ) to do it.

And for me, having been bullied through grade school, injured before I got out of grade school...? I NEED that strength to deal with being me. Because I can't count an "authority figure" to help settle things - I need to be able to inflict damage, because the attacker doesn't fear that authority or the law, or the jury... They must learn to fear ME.
Ugly, but true. It's the converse of why women go to the ladies' room together; strength in numbers, and hard to get them ALL at a time of weakness, so one can get help at least.

Competing ideas, pulling in opposite directions - and sometimes none too healthy. Can't be a sweet, tender, feminine creature, without looking - and being, due simply to size - vulnerable. So mass is out.... which means, breasts are essentially out, too. T1/T2/T3 make the strength and mass; E1/E2/E3 make the breasts - and counter the role of each T variation, too. So women are smaller, and generally, weaker. And should be armed to offset that inequity. ;-)

Hi Dianna

Over the years I have been blessed (and I use that word with pride) with some incredible women in my life. They may not have had the physical strength of men, but what they could achieve would regularly exceeded my expectations. Put simply, I guess they just tried harder. And yes, they would ask for help when things were beyond their abilities. But surely that is a sign of wisdom? I have seen countless times a bloke struggle with something that is clearly beyond him, but was just too stubborn or proud to utter those scary words "give us a hand mate".

That said. I have also seen the Helpless Princess routine being milked for all it's worth too. What does surprise me is how often guys fall for it.

It does seem that our environmental and life experiences are quite different though. I too had to contend with bullying at school (like the majority on here I am guessing?). For a couple of years I couldn't make it out of the gate without having the ritual punch-up. And since then there have been the odd occasions where the potential for violence has been around, though never materialised. But in all honesty, I cannot remember the last time I was in a position where I would have to physically defend myself or those with me. True, I don't go to pubs or areas which have a troubled reputation, but in sleepy ole' England that's not exactly difficult. However, from your comments it seems your experience is very different. To have to live in a neighbourhood where the need to defend yourself is such a big factor must be really tough to live with. And if I am honest, I don't really have a point of reference to say anything on this.

Ok. Time for a contentious statement (I can almost feel the frothing at the screen as I type this ;-).

Men and women are not equal. They just aren't.

They are quantifiably and unarguably different.

But does that mean one is less valuable or less deserving of respect than the other? Emphatically NO!

Each gender has their own strengths and weaknesses. To try to make them as equal is denying the wonderful contrasts and complements that each have relative to the other. Yes, women will tend to be physically weaker then men. But men are more prone to mental illness and will die earlier. The list of where men and women are different is surprisingly long when you think about it. There are definite advantages for both sides of the equation. (I am sure this could make for a very "exciting" pole should someone be brave enough to attempt it. ;-)

So we are different. But viva la difference! :-)

Huggy.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon