Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question for pantihose wearers

Do any of you who wear pantyhose outside ever have to deal with bug bites on your legs while wearing them?

Most bugs are attracted by infrared (warmth) and aceton in sweat. body odour and breath.
So water and soap and vigorous tooth brushing helps against bugs.

The reason for the question is, I'm tired of trying to sit on the porch swing while bugs are taking bites out of my legs and ALWAYS trying to fly into my eyes and hair...the little fuckers even get in the house and attack me while I'm here at the computer!!!! SO, I was wondering if wearing pantyhose actually keeps them from biting because I'm thinking of doing just that to KEEP them from biting!!!! I used to wear them all the time when playing with my band, but it's been 10 years since I've been in the band or on stage and just don't recall if it helps, and, besides, 99% of the time, we'd play indoors, so, it doesn't really give me much perspective to go on since I don't really have any way of knowing even though I DID wear them a lot back then!
So, SHOULD I go to the trouble of shaving and being ridiculed for wearing them if they don't even help the cause? It's QUITE annoying to have to CONSTANTLY be swatting at them or shooing them away!! And, most often, this is quite shortly after I get a shower!
Having SOMEONE cutting grass around me nearly every day doesn't help!!

In the north of Australia, people used to use pantyhose to protect against sea wasps (a deadly kind of jellyfish), but I don't know about the airborne kind. (If you cut out the crotch, you can protect your arms too.)

You can't lure them away with something more tempting like a bug zapper?

(07-07-2015, 11:15 AM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  In the north of Australia, people used to use pantyhose to protect against sea wasps (a deadly kind of jellyfish), but I don't know about the airborne kind. (If you cut out the crotch, you can protect your arms too.)

You can't lure them away with something more tempting like a bug zapper?

A bug zapper MIGHT work, but I have a feeling it'd attract more bugs to where I am! Besides, they just said on the news tonight that we're supposed to be getting a pretty big mess of mosquitos this summer!!
Anyway, I'm just wondering if wearing pantyhose will stop them from biting.

Seems to be that some people get bitten more than others. Must be body chemistry - which is different for all of us.
I (man) sometimes go walking in a nature reserve in shorts and stockings.
Never been bitten. Went for a spot of nude sunbathing - no bites either.

Malaria, denge, yellow Nile fever, sleepdisease and such are passed by bug bites. With the current global warming these diseases wil increase.

(08-07-2015, 03:00 PM)hansjepansje Wrote:  Seems to be that some people get bitten more than others. Must be body chemistry - which is different for all of us.
I (man) sometimes go walking in a nature reserve in shorts and stockings.
Never been bitten. Went for a spot of nude sunbathing - no bites either.

Malaria, denge, yellow Nile fever, sleepdisease and such are passed by bug bites. With the current global warming these diseases wil increase.
That's solar warming. The sun is going through a phase and heating up a bit. It happens every 30-some years. This is already my second one. It's perfectly natural and nothing to worry about.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon