Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

INTERMITTENT FASTING for GH

Hey,

I just had a couple of questions for those who do the intermittent fasting in order to increase their Growth Hormone;

Lotus says 12/16 hours is good, but how should I count ?

1) Should I count the night in this fasting period for 16 hours
e.g. Sleep at 10pm, wake up 7am but eat from 2pm ?

OR

Wake up at 7pm and not eat at all the whole day ?

2) A couple of days ago, I had and interview in the morning on the other side of the city. So I got my herbs when I woke up and a coffee on my way to the train 1 hour later.

I didn't have any chance to eat until 3pm.
I took my herbs later that day and 1 hour later the weirdest thing happened ------- PAINS ( I hope growing ones) in my smallest boob !

I didn't do anything different in my routine and the only thing I can think about is the fact that I didn't eat until quite late.

Do you think it is related ?
If you are doing intermittent fasting, have you ever experienced this ?

Thanks

From what I've read, the easy way to do IF is to use the sleep time as part of that fasting period.
Now, at the same time, if you can go the longer duration, go for it! Supposedly great for you.

But I've been unable to do real fasting in forever.... I try to put off breakfast, but don't have time to eat, and coffee and heavy cream isn't a possibility these days. (working towards ketogenic diet, and constantly unable to make it work.)

Rolleyes

But Is a ketogenic state compatible with trying to gain fat on your boobs ?
Do you manage to grow breasts whilst loosing weight ?

[undefined=undefined]

Anything regarding boobs is currently on hold.
Rolleyes

I've got too much going on to handle everything at once.

As to boobs requiring fat, yes, that would be impossible.... I'd burn off the boobs first, them maybe the belly, if I get lucky...
But I need to do that first.

I would think if you ate supper at 8pm, and don't snack b4 bed, and then get up for work or normal day at 7am. Then ate lunch at Noon, that would be about 16hrs of fasting then.

Growth Hormones creates new receptors, lactate triggers HGH. HIIT also triggers repair peptides, which helps fight the free radicals, in other words tissue repair. You could supplement pre or post workout, imo supplementing pre-workout would synergistically work with HGH. Make sleeping part of the fasting process, create your own schedule to manage time limits.

Mechanism of Action: Hormones with Cell Surface Receptors
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pat...rface.html

(05-06-2015, 08:19 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(03-06-2015, 04:42 AM)Lotus Wrote:  MSM does many things, top of the list is breast cancer protection. Indirectly to NBE, MSM upregulates growth hormone, which is essential for breast growth as we know. If we take a lead from this first study we see possible link towards NBE, but, it leans towards favoring males in the liver. I'll look further though. Smile

MSM enhances GH signaling via the Jak2/STAT5b pathway in osteoblast-like cells and osteoblast differentiation through the activation of STAT5b in MSCs.
Joung YH1, Lim EJ, Darvin P, Chung SC, Jang JW, Do Park K, Lee HK, Kim HS, Park T, Yang YM.
Author information
Abstract
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a naturally occurring sulfur compound with well-known anti-oxidant properties and anti-inflammatory activities. But, its effects on bone are unknown. Growth hormone (GH) is regulator of bone growth and bone metabolism. GH activates several signaling pathways such as the Janus kinase (Jak)/signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) pathway, thereby regulating expression of genes including insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1. GH exerts effects both directly and via IGF-1, which signals by activating the IGF-1 receptor (IGF-1R). In this study, we investigated the effects of MSM on the GH signaling via the Jak/STAT pathway in osteoblasts and the differentiation of primary bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs). MSM was not toxic to osteoblastic cells and MSCs. MSM increased the expression of GH-related proteins including IGF-1R, p-IGF-1R, STAT5b, p-STAT5b, and Jak2 in osteoblastic cells and MSCs. MSM increased IGF-1R and GHR mRNA expression in osteoblastic cells. The expression of MSM-induced IGF-1R and GHR was inhibited by AG490, a Jak2 kinase inhibitor. MSM induced binding of STAT5 to the IGF-1R and increased IGF-1 and IGF-1R promoter activities. Analysis of cell extracts by immunoprecipitation and Western blot showed that MSM enhanced GH-induced activation of Jak2/STAT5b. We found that MSM and GH, separately or in combination, activated GH signaling via the Jak2/STAT5b pathway in UMR-106 cells. Using siRNA analysis, we found that STAT5b plays an essential role in GH signaling activation in C3H10T1/2 cells. Osteogenic marker genes (ALP, ON, OCN, BSP, OSX, and Runx2) were activated by MSM, and siRNA-mediated STAT5b knockdown inhibited MSM-induced expression of osteogenic markers. Furthermore, MSM increased ALP activity and the mineralization of MSCs. Taken together, these results indicated that MSM can promote osteogenic differentiation of MSCs through activation of STAT5b.

Growth hormone pulse-activated STAT5 signalling: a unique regulatory mechanism governing sexual dimorphism of liver gene expression.
Waxman DJ1.
Author information
Abstract
Growth hormone (GH) exerts sexually dimorphic effects on liver gene transcription that are regulated by the temporal pattern of pituitary GH release; this release is intermittent in male rats and nearly continuous in females. Comparisons of liver nuclear protein tyrosine phosphorylation in male and female rats have led to the discovery that the liver transcription factor STAT5b is tyrosine phosphorylated in male but not female rats in response to GH pulses. Intermittent plasma GH pulses trigger a rapid and repeated tyrosine phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of liver STAT5b in intact male rats, while the more continuous pattern of GH exposure down-regulates the STAT5b signalling pathway in female rat liver. The central importance of STAT5b for the physiological effects of GH pulses has been verified using a mouse gene knockout model. STAT5b gene disruption leads to a major loss of multiple sexually differentiated responses associated with the sexually dimorphic pattern of pituitary GH secretion. Male-characteristic body growth rates and male-specific liver gene expression are decreased to wild-type female levels in STAT5b-/- males, while female-predominant liver gene products are increased in males to near female levels. STAT5b is thus a liver-expressed, latent cytoplasmic transcription factor that undergoes repeated tyrosine phosphorylation and nuclear translocation in response to intermittent plasma GH stimulation, and is a key intracellular mediator of the stimulatory effects of GH pulses on male-specific liver gene transcription. Other studies indicate, however, that STAT5a and STAT5b are both required for constitutive expression in female, but not male liver, of certain GH-regulated CYP enzymes. GH activation of both STAT5 proteins, which in turn form distinct homodimeric and heterodimeric DNA-binding complexes, is thus an important determinant of the sex-dependent and gene-specific effects that GH has on the liver.

I think it makes sense to take MSM after a high intensity workout, (biotin too, for its abilty to break down carbs). But because MSM induces binding of STAT5 to the IGF-1R and increases IGF-1 and IGF-1R promotes these activities you'd have to give MSM considerable attention for after workout repair. I like the 12-14 hour intermittent fast, followed by High-intensity Interval Training (HIIT) , that's short bursts of intense work followed by less intense activity or rest.

Growth hormone signaling in human adipose and muscle tissue during "feast and famine"; Amplification of exercise stimulation following fasting compared to glucose administration.

Conclusions: This study demonstrates that fasting and exercise act in tandem to amplify STAT-5b target gene expression (SOCS and CISH) in adipose and muscle tissue in accordance with the "feast and famine hypothesis"; the adipose tissue signaling responses which hitherto have not been scrutinized may play a particular role in promoting FFA mobilization.

http://www.eje-online.org/content/early/...1157.short

Fasting and fitness boost human growth hormone

Intermittent fasting for periods ranging from 12-24 hours along with high intensity exercise has a positive effect on boosting human growth hormone (HGH). HGH is a very important protein-based hormone that is produced by the pituitary gland. HGH enhances the cellular repair processes that allow us to age with grace. HGH regulates metabolism to burn fat, build muscle, and slow down the negative effects of stress.

Researchers at the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute found that men who had fasted for 24 hours had a 2000% increase in circulating HGH. Women who were tested had a 1300% increase in HGH.

A 2009 study in the British Journal of Sports Medicine showed that lactic acid accumulation helps to trigger HGH. Lactic acid is only produced in response to intense anaerobic training. Aerobic training is not intense enough to produce the kind of lactate triggering of HGH.

Low-intensity, long duration aerobic training is catabolic in nature. This means that it produces lots of free radicals without promoting significant amounts of repair peptides, enzymes and hormones. The net effect is a wearing down of bodily resources.

High-intensity training also produces free radicals but it triggers an abundance of repair peptides, enzymes and hormones to be released. The net effect of this is healthy tissue repair and favorable effects on body composition and anti-aging qualities.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034704_interm...z3cAB6XEkK

Effects of growth hormone on adipose tissue

growth hormone on adipose tissue.
Carrel AL1, Allen DB.
Author information
Abstract
Physiological effects of growth hormone (GH) extend beyond the stimulation of linear growth. These include important metabolic effects upon adipose tissue. GH affects both proliferation and differentiation of preadipocytes, although this varies between clonal cell lines and preadipocyte cultures. Both preadipocytes and mature adipocytes possess specific GH receptors. GH may mediate its actions via these receptors, but some effects are indirectly mediated through the GH-mediated secretion of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) within adipose tissue. GH promotes lipolysis via inhibition of lipoprotein lipase, which hydrolyzes triglycerides in the circulation to make them available for triglyceride accumulation in adipose tissue. GH also stimulates hormone sensitive lipase (HSL), the rate-limiting step for release of stored triglyceride in adipocytes (lipolysis). As GH becomes utilized for various "non-growth" concerns (see Figure 1), awareness of the metabolic effects on adipocytes is important to understand the clinical effects seen with GH therapy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11086655

lactate is a product of aerobic glycolysis that can be used by neurons as an energy substrate. Here we report that in neurons L-lactate stimulates the expression of synaptic plasticity-related genes such as Arc, c-Fos, and Zif268 through a mechanism involving NMDA receptor activity and its downstream signaling cascade Erk1/2. L-lactate potentiates NMDA receptor-mediated currents and the ensuing increase in intracellular calcium. In parallel to this, L-lactate increases intracellular levels of NADH, thereby modulating the redox state of neurons. NADH mimics all of the effects of L-lactate on NMDA signaling, pointing to NADH increase as a primary mediator of L-lactate effects. The induction of plasticity genes is observed both in mouse primary neurons in culture and in vivo in the mouse sensory-motor cortex. These results provide insights for the understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the critical role of astrocyte-derived L-lactate in long-term memory and long-term potentiation in vivo. This set of data reveals a previously unidentified action of L-lactate as a signaling molecule for neuronal plasticity.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10047]

(04-08-2015, 09:04 PM)Lotus Wrote:  lactate is a product of aerobic glycolysis that can be used by neurons as an energy substrate. Here we report that in neurons L-lactate stimulates the expression of synaptic plasticity-related genes such as Arc, c-Fos, and Zif268 through a mechanism involving NMDA receptor activity and its downstream signaling cascade Erk1/2. L-lactate potentiates NMDA receptor-mediated currents and the ensuing increase in intracellular calcium. In parallel to this, L-lactate increases intracellular levels of NADH, thereby modulating the redox state of neurons. NADH mimics all of the effects of L-lactate on NMDA signaling, pointing to NADH increase as a primary mediator of L-lactate effects. The induction of plasticity genes is observed both in mouse primary neurons in culture and in vivo in the mouse sensory-motor cortex. These results provide insights for the understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the critical role of astrocyte-derived L-lactate in long-term memory and long-term potentiation in vivo. This set of data reveals a previously unidentified action of L-lactate as a signaling molecule for neuronal plasticity.

Really?? Lotus, do you really understand this???? LOL Rofl, but still confused by what I just read.

(04-08-2015, 10:52 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(04-08-2015, 09:04 PM)Lotus Wrote:  lactate is a product of aerobic glycolysis that can be used by neurons as an energy substrate. Here we report that in neurons L-lactate stimulates the expression of synaptic plasticity-related genes such as Arc, c-Fos, and Zif268 through a mechanism involving NMDA receptor activity and its downstream signaling cascade Erk1/2. L-lactate potentiates NMDA receptor-mediated currents and the ensuing increase in intracellular calcium. In parallel to this, L-lactate increases intracellular levels of NADH, thereby modulating the redox state of neurons. NADH mimics all of the effects of L-lactate on NMDA signaling, pointing to NADH increase as a primary mediator of L-lactate effects. The induction of plasticity genes is observed both in mouse primary neurons in culture and in vivo in the mouse sensory-motor cortex. These results provide insights for the understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the critical role of astrocyte-derived L-lactate in long-term memory and long-term potentiation in vivo. This set of data reveals a previously unidentified action of L-lactate as a signaling molecule for neuronal plasticity.

Really?? Lotus, do you really understand this???? LOL Rofl, but still confused by what I just read.

Yeah lol, I kinda do. In other words (HIIT) releases lactate in tissues, which then the release of HGH (human growth hormone) and peptides occurs, which is the magic of tissue repair, then new receptors can be formed. Wink

Even if you do part of this HIIT program imo it's going in the right direction, although doing "any" exercise is going in the right direction.

See, that's what I thought you said originally.... I know, shut up Iaboy and go back to your barn. LOL.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon