Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

38a or 36b

Hi gurls, Smile
Can any one help I'm trying to find a nice bra? I've measured myself as a 38a but they all look ugly Sad would a 36b be a good alternative size?
Thanks for any help Smile

(06-08-2015, 07:45 PM)Nat88 Wrote:  Hi gurls, Smile
Can any one help I'm trying to find a nice bra? I've measured myself as a 38a but they all look ugly Sad would a 36b be a good alternative size?
Thanks for any help Smile

That's the same volume cup with a smaller band, so no different really

Look at Aliexpress

Load of options to choose from, just double check size and postage.

❇ Abby ❇

Thank you ladies. I managed to find one in the end, just hope it fits

Getting a bra to fit is a very difficult task, particularly in large band and small cup sizes.

The band is the easier part, you measure your size under your boobs and that's it. Some bra suppliers insist that you then add a few inches, but I think this goes back to old cotton bras, which didn't stretch like modern fabrics do.

Basically,to give full boob support, the bra band has to be quite tight when worn low on your back and under your shoulder blades. Ideally it should sit below your underwire line. You should only be able to pull your band out about 4 fingers with new bra on the loosest clasp setting (the bra will stretch with washing).

Similarly, your bra straps should be set very firmly. You should only be able to pull each strap up to your ear lobe. The truth is that if you wear a bra all the time, you develop slightly grooved shoulders, and your straps then slip into these grooves and stay put!

A new bra should feel really snug & tight. This takes some getting used to if you are new to bra wearing. A bra which seems comfortable in the shop will go slack & saggy after a bit of washing.

The cup size is really difficult and you simply can't assume that 38A is equivalent to 36B. Having got your band size established, you simply have to try on different bras to see what works.

I have so-called AA cups which would allow me to hold up two sets of breasts, whilst I have had A cups which squashed my nipples flat.

Even a particular brand is no guarantee. I have bought M&S bras which give a 2:1 difference in cup volume for the same nominal size.

I have taken to bidding for pre-worn bras on eBay. You can get them quite cheaply, they are already broken-in and if they don't work, they can go to the charity shop.

You can also engage in risque conversations with the lady who has been wearing them!

Also bear in mind the fact that your bra may well be visible through your shirt or blouse. You need to present a nice snug, low, horizontal band, pretty vertical straps and a colour which compliments your top. Although a white bra is generally more visible, just don't wear a black bra under a sheer white top. If in doubt, wear a nude coloured bra. Even if it shows it denotes modesty.

Women do notice these things. Visible white is virginal, but black or red is tarty!

Thanks Valerie, I've gone for a 38a push up bra. I'll post a pic once it arrives. I measure 37 under bust at the mo and 41 across the bust but I'm now on a diet to drop around 15/20 lbs so I could already be on the lookout for my next investment

According to generally accepted fitting rules, if your over-bust is 1" bigger than under your boobs, you are an A cup, 2" bigger is a B cup and so on.

If you are really 4 inches bigger across the nipples, then you are supposed to be a C or D cup size!

Having said that, these fitting rules are optimized for smaller torsos (32" to 36" bands). But don't be surprised if a B or even C cup fits you better.

This is why I recommend buying cheap, pre-stretched bras from places like eBay & charity shops.

(08-08-2015, 09:44 PM)Nat88 Wrote:  Thanks Valerie, I've gone for a 38a push up bra. I'll post a pic once it arrives. I measure 37 under bust at the mo and 41 across the bust but I'm now on a diet to drop around 15/20 lbs so I could already be on the lookout for my next investment

I would say based on this, a 36B sounds about right. Try taking a "break the tape" underbust measurement. What this means is to pull the tape as tight as you can.

I wrote a bra guide here: http://breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23848

From my experience, Asian bra sizes are generally smaller than US sizes, so an Asian 80B might not fit like a non-Asian 36B.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon