Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Calmly's Diary

I have not posted for a while. I have been on the emotional roller coaster ride that seems to be inevitable for some going through transition. It has taken a while to dig myself out of the depths of despair.

On the good side, I am making progress, noogling several times a week to help things along. Noogle days are good days. If I noogle in the morning I am going to have a positive day. If I skip it I could have a bout of depression.

I am not sure which is the cause and which is the effect.

Still, E has been so good for me overall. I am calmer overall and I am back flying again after having anxiety attacks if I just thought about it in the last few years. This is a good thing as I will be flying every week for work starting soon.

I am still presenting as male and probably will for quite a while, but have told a few people at work about what I am doing. Each and every one has been kind and supportive.

My bust size is up, 49" over 44" underbust. Now I just have to work on getting the tummy down. 49 - 47 - 47 is not an hourglass. Smile

I am also thinking of taking up sewing. There are not many women's clothes in my size. Sad My late mother was a seamstress so the talent should be in the genes.

(03-02-2016, 09:26 PM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  I have not posted for a while. I have been on the emotional roller coaster ride that seems to be inevitable for some going through transition. It has taken a while to dig myself out of the depths of despair.

On the good side, I am making progress, noogling several times a week to help things along. Noogle days are good days. If I noogle in the morning I am going to have a positive day. If I skip it I could have a bout of depression.

I am not sure which is the cause and which is the effect.

Still, E has been so good for me overall. I am calmer overall and I am back flying again after having anxiety attacks if I just thought about it in the last few years. This is a good thing as I will be flying every week for work starting soon.

I am still presenting as male and probably will for quite a while, but have told a few people at work about what I am doing. Each and every one has been kind and supportive.

My bust size is up, 49" over 44" underbust. Now I just have to work on getting the tummy down. 49 - 47 - 47 is not an hourglass. Smile

I am also thinking of taking up sewing. There are not many women's clothes in my size. Sad My late mother was a seamstress so the talent should be in the genes.

Hi C.A,

It's good to hear from you again. I'm sure it's separation anxiety with the noogling lol. Wink I do know what you mean though.

What form of hrt are you on?. Reducing bmi will definitely bring out those curves, but.....modest cardio is the key, proper diet too.

How's your labs been?.

(04-02-2016, 09:45 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi C.A,

It's good to hear from you again. I'm sure it's separation anxiety with the noogling lol. Wink I do know what you mean though.

What form of hrt are you on?. Reducing bmi will definitely bring out those curves, but.....modest cardio is the key, proper diet too.

How's your labs been?.
Thanks for looking in Lotus, I am on Estradot patches (100 mcg) and Cyperotone Acetate (50mg). We are monitoring liver and kidneys closely and so far no issues with the mild liver toxicity of the Cyperatone.

My T has been either 0.4 or < 0.3 (off the bottom of the scale). In my end's words, the T is fully suppressed. I don't have my latest labs at present as my endo does not routinely give me a copy. I get them from my GP afterwards (I see her next week).

My E has been up and down a bit as has been my Prolactin. I can't remember the exact figures. My endo blamed in the inaccuracy of the testing, but at one point she suggested adding more E but changed her mind by the next appointment.

Exercise and diet are something that has been hard for me, but my circumstances are changing, so I may have an opportunity there. Smile

Blood Test Results:

LH <0.5 U/L
FSH 0.8 U/L (down from 0.9)
E2 160 pmol/L (up from 86)
T <0.4 nmol/L (Down from 0.5)
SHBG not tested (previously 29.1)
Prolactin 312 (down from 494)

My endo says my E is at a good level now. I am not sure why the Prl is down, but I think noogling brings it up and was taking a break just before the blood test.

(17-02-2016, 09:46 PM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  Blood Test Results:

LH <0.5 U/L

My endo says my E is at a good level now. I am not sure why the Prl is down, but I think noogling brings it up and was taking a break just before the blood test.

CA,

I could be wrong, but I think LH looks to be low female range, suggesting negative feedback of testosterone (meaning loss of signal to produce more from the hypothalamus/pituitary axis).

LH (low female pattern)
FSH (low end, but normal)
E2 looks ok, female range is 200+
T- 11.52 ng/dL (converted to nano grams) whoa, that's low end chemical castration
Prolactin (ng/mL correct?) better, still high though. Do you have hypothyroidism?

Ok, I'm utilizing an online bio-available T converter here, it's estimated (no albumin given, and using SHBG from the last test) it says:

0.221 ng/dL = 1.92 % Free T
5.17 ng/dL = 44.9 % Bioavailable T

As reference, my result in December:
1.32% free T
22% bioavailable T

(18-02-2016, 12:04 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(17-02-2016, 09:46 PM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  Blood Test Results:

LH <0.5 U/L

CA,

I could be wrong, but I think LH looks to be low female range, suggesting negative feedback of testosterone (meaning loss of signal to produce more from the hypothalamus/pituitary axis).

LH (low female pattern)
FSH (low end, but normal)
E2 looks ok, female range is 200+
T- 11.52 ng/dL (converted to nano grams) whoa, that's low end chemical castration
Prolactin (ng/mL correct?) better, still high though. Do you have hypothyroidism?

Ok, I'm utilizing an online bio-available T converter here, it's estimated (no albumin given, and using SHBG from the last test) it says:

0.221 ng/dL = 1.92 % Free T
5.17 ng/dL = 44.9 % Bioavailable T

As reference, my result in December:
1.32% free T
22% bioavailable T

SHBG was in nmol/L and prolactin was in mIU/L

Should I be trying to reduce my bioavailable T?

Increasing my aromatase with something like WP?

(18-02-2016, 09:33 PM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  Should I be trying to reduce my bioavailable T?

Increasing my aromatase with something like WP?

Your total T is low female range, and free T is top female range. I'd imagine the endo was happy with the T-results?. I wouldn't go lower personally, imo it (low post op T) puts you back in the basement of despair, and it's a pain climbing out as you already know, though some folks do ok, go figure huh?.

I drank green tea (coffee too) and my estradiol jumped to 840 pg/mL....that was up from 550 pg/mL 2 months earlier. I'm unsure of what WP w/Hrt will do.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon