Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Contemplations

Pansay-Mae Wrote:
(19-09-2015, 04:07 PM)iaboy Wrote:  But unlike Pansy, I do feel like I need a bra. My breast are more tender to the cold, heat and chaffing. Also, the weight of them are getting more noticeable with out support. And that for only 38 C's and sometime D's. LOL..

Ahhh... there we are unfortunately different. If I could only get to a C cup I'd probably feel the same as you, but being stuck at 36b and not quite passing the 'pencil test', I dont really need a bra for support, although they do get a bit cold in chilly weather and a bra feels nice and warm. Smile

I am not bragging, mind you, but I have yet to "pass" the pencil test. I hope for as long as I have these, that they stay perky. But, having said that, I would love to have passed the pencil test and go up at least to a solid 40 C or D even. LOL..( think I am pressing luck with Boob Fairy)

Accouple questions.

If you are wearing them to achieve a particular appearance externally, even a masculine one, and it works does anything else matter? Especially if many guys with normal gynocomastia wear bras both for either comfort and/or concealment? (You can always claim gynocomastia and blame meds. Lord knows that is the literal truth!)

If I get called on it I'll likely just be like "pfft. gyno, meds, whatever..." and ask the person how long they've been staring at my chest and why...

So in that sense is it actually even a gendered garment at all, or just something that people with breasts wear for various reasons?

If you identify as something other than purely male does it matter at all?

And even if you identify as purely male, it is certainly true that you have legitimate, use, for such an item.

Have you considered that both can be true at the same time? And that one doesn't invalidate the other?

Your question doesn't seem to be if it gives you the look you want, or if you can, but rather internal conflict over weather it is a CD thing, or an Andro thing. Maybe its just a boob thing, you have breasts and you want to look a certain way in certain circumstances, and it is a means to an end.

Internally, sometimes you may feel like a guy presenting the masculine image he wants to, other times maybe you feel more genuine to an androgynous identity. It doesn't have to be either or, or even both at once. It can just be a fluctuation, or gender fluidity. If the CD elements of your personality are happy perhaps that is a side issue, perhaps even a non-issue if your reasons are valid?

I find myself swinging a bit like a pendulum back and forth across the middle of the spectrum, never really being either binary, sometimes on one side, sometimes the other, sometimes middle. But currently to keep my day job undramatic I wear loose shirts, in six months I may wear a sports bra. Either way it is me being me, making my own choices. I am really not binary, so thinking in exclusive-or (either/or) terms rather than inclusive-or (and/or) terms made me mental and miserable.

Now I am rambling, but hopefully of some help?

- JJ

(19-09-2015, 05:45 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Bra wearing on a full-time basis doesn't fit neatly into either guideline. Furthermore, arguing for bra wearing can be a bit complicated when considering I don't truly need the support and a lot of women wish they could get by without having to wear a bra.

I personally don't wear bras for support, but do wear them for shape. If I just did a regular tank top under my standard polo or dress shirt, I'd probably look pointy. I find that a low impact pull over or back hooking sports bra helps shape more than flatten. High impact will smoosh you back to boy land.

My personal favorites are Handful bra, Jockey low impact or even an ahh/gennie bra. I've also found some very good and now discontinued tank tops with decent shelf bras (really just a sports bra sewn into a wicking tank top) that way if I get a tap on the shoulder or a hug, well I'm wearing a tank top under my shirt aren't I?

Jade,

Yes, I find your response quite helpful.

In my mind, CD and gender bending has always been polar opposites. The former thrives on excitement and daring, while the latter is more calming and collected. Granted, both sides may end up at the same destination, but they would have had very different journeys. One pushes, the other rationalizes.

Spoked,

I liked how you say you wear bras for shape. Previously my mind about bras was it's about support (or hiding wayward nipples.) Wearing bras for shape definitely sounds like it could suit me.

I'm disappointed to hear the tank tops with good shelf bras has been discontinued! Sad I tried to find some on Amazon, but it seems they all have narrow straps. If you find anymore good bra/tank tops please let me know. Big Grin

Presently, I am only @ an A cup but I find wearing a tight tank top gives me both support, and helps minimise the view of chest development. Depending on each person's situation, that might be enough.

Here's one tank top I'm thinking of buying. What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011JZXXEE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ALU9XRWM160D7

(23-09-2015, 12:47 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Here's one tank top I'm thinking of buying. What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011JZXXEE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ALU9XRWM160D7

Soft and great colors. NICE

I wonder if wearing tight tops would restrict your breast growth. It's one thing to wear bra's to help form the breasts, but maybe another to restrict their establishment and growth??

(23-09-2015, 02:54 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(23-09-2015, 12:47 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Here's one tank top I'm thinking of buying. What are your thoughts on this?

I wonder if wearing tight tops would restrict your breast growth. It's one thing to wear bra's to help form the breasts, but maybe another to restrict their establishment and growth??

I don't think it should, maybe lotus has more info ?

(23-09-2015, 02:54 PM)iaboy Wrote:  

They look ok, I normally wear ones that are gender neutral, due to the fact I have to get changed from my work clothes to personal clothes to leave work. I basicly wear a tank top all the time, even under a normal t-shirt . ( No one has said anything to me yet, even though my body is pretty much hairless. )

Those are nice. I wear these sometimes. they are cheap and you can tell because the shelf bra band is just a really wide elastic. They are comfy as they are cotton/spandex and long enough to tuck. I wear the XL and it's almost too long to tuck.

My go to tank (that you can't get anymore) is the Moving Comfort Interval Tank. SkirtSports Wonder Girl tank is almost as good, but pricey.

I usually look for XL in the close out or sale sections, but getting colors that don't show through can be problematic. Black Polo shirt with a bright pink patterned racer back tank works only as long as it stays UNDER the polo.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon