Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Physical Transition and Social Transition

Hi all

it hit me over the weekend after reading the ramblings and scaremongering of some of the other boards how near to normality we actually are here,

How all of us here are doing the dreaded OMG were transitioning as which ever way we dress it up we are ,

The moment that PM capsule is swallowed we are TRANSITIONING

Is this such a big deal ?

According to other boards yes , to us I think no.

OMG OMG OMG OMG your taking synthetic hormones, swoon your going to be a woman,

We say were taking some pm and growing boobs and ?, well and ?

Were men who for some reason love to and yes grow boobs, umm deal wit it

Now this brings me to my question point.

On the ts and most transgender boards , transition means taking the hard stuff and physically transitioning and then the in most cases the inevitable dreaded "social transition"

On those boards I would estimate 90% of the girls who swallow the e pill are doomed or should I say led to social transition,

Now us on here perhaps
25-50% go to social transition , but we pretty well all

do the physical transition ?

Its a different world almost

Just my thoughts

Julie

(21-09-2015, 03:42 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Hi all

it hit me over the weekend after reading the ramblings and scaremongering of some of the other boards how near to normality we actually are here,

How all of us here are doing the dreaded OMG were transitioning as which ever way we dress it up we are ,

The moment that PM capsule is swallowed we are TRANSITIONING

Is this such a big deal ?

According to other boards yes , to us I think no.

OMG OMG OMG OMG your taking synthetic hormones, swoon your going to be a woman,

We say were taking some pm and growing boobs and ?, well and ?

Were men who for some reason love to and yes grow boobs, umm deal wit it

Now this brings me to my question point.

On the ts and most transgender boards , transition means taking the hard stuff and physically transitioning and then the in most cases the inevitable dreaded "social transition"

On those boards I would estimate 90% of the girls who swallow the e pill are doomed or should I say led to social transition,

Now us on here perhaps
25-50% go to social transition , but we pretty well all

do the physical transition ?

Its a different world almost

Just my thoughts

Julie

Interesting thoughts, not entirely sure on the PM vs Synthetic issue myself, but I do agree (from personal experience) that many/most other forums are of the "Full Transition or get out of my sight" mentality, some more so than others.

For me, physical transition is about how I see myself. Social transition is about how others see me.

At present, I am focusing on physical transition because it has a time limit. The older you are, the less effective it is.

I can do the social transition thing when I want to, when I can fit it in with my career and preferably when and if I can pass. (Thats the most scary thing for me.)

I'd do the social transition thing if it were easy enough, but being 6ft 2in it wouldn't be simple to pass. But that isn't so important. I'm doing this for me, and to feel comfortable with myself. How other people see me, which is what the social transition is all about, has nothing to do with how I see myself.

(21-09-2015, 10:29 PM)CalmlyAndrogynous Wrote:  For me, physical transition is about how I see myself. Social transition is about how others see me.

At present, I am focusing on physical transition because it has a time limit. The older you are, the less effective it is.

I can do the social transition thing when I want to, when I can fit it in with my career and preferably when and if I can pass. (Thats the most scary thing for me.)

oh snap! should have read the other comments first. ^_^

+1

(25-09-2015, 01:37 PM)Ellie Wrote:  I'd do the social transition thing if it were easy enough, but being 6ft 2in it wouldn't be simple to pass. But that isn't so important. I'm doing this for me, and to feel comfortable with myself. How other people see me, which is what the social transition is all about, has nothing to do with how I see myself.
You'll have an easier time of it than me!! I'm 7 inches taller! I don't even "pass" as a guy!! There's nearly ALWAYS someone laughing at me just for being tall and being me!! Apparently, when you're tall, you just not allowed to stand out and be different!! "What do you MEAN, you want to wear REAL shorts and let your hair grow????"

(26-09-2015, 04:26 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  
(25-09-2015, 01:37 PM)Ellie Wrote:  I'd do the social transition thing if it were easy enough, but being 6ft 2in it wouldn't be simple to pass. But that isn't so important. I'm doing this for me, and to feel comfortable with myself. How other people see me, which is what the social transition is all about, has nothing to do with how I see myself.
You'll have an easier time of it than me!! I'm 7 inches taller! I don't even "pass" as a guy!! There's nearly ALWAYS someone laughing at me just for being tall and being me!! Apparently, when you're tall, you just not allowed to stand out and be different!! "What do you MEAN, you want to wear REAL shorts and let your hair grow????"

:o blimey. And I was worried about getting a pair of 4" heels.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon