Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mixing NBE herbs and fatty acids

I've finally got a daily NBE program together and was wondering if any of you might have some suggestions on dosage, or the herb combinations below.

Lotus' thread mentions phyo-estrogens have the most impact within a few hours of consumption. Research on grapefruit juice seems to indicate it has the maximum effect of reducing metabolic breakdown immediately after it is taken. I refuse to take mountains of pills all day, so I'm using all powder or liquid extract and dumping everything into a water bottle along with Coconut Oil and Hemp Oil (great Omega-3/GLA source!) plus Soy Leicithin to emulsify the water/oil. By mixing it all up, I'm getting a small but continuous dose spread out throughout the day.

It's actually tolerable (I have poor taste Big Grin) as long as I use a "sport top" waterbottle. The sport top design means I don't really smell it, I just taste it. The pink grapefruit has enough natural sugars and acidity to mask the flavor of the other herbs and oils. A smoothie might be a better approach - just need a decent blender firstDodgy

Pill wise, I'm taking once a day of the following (at night):

standard multivitamin
multimineral suppliment with boron
1x Glucosamine HCL (1500mg) with MSM (1500mg)
1x Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg
B-complex mix (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12)

+PM breast cream massage morning/night.

There are a lot of extra minerals, but I figure my body can safely use what it needs and get rid of the rest.

Waterbottle contents:

5-alpha Reductase Inhibitors:
Chinese Skullcap powder (20:1 extract)- about 2000mg
Reishi Mushroom powder (4:1 extract with "Cracked Spores") - about 2000mg
White Peony (1:3 liquid extract) - 5 drops

Phyto-estrogens:
Pure PM powder extract: 1500mg to start, working up to 3000mg in a month
**Estro8PN Hop Extract capsule emptied (100ug of 8-prenylnaringenin, a powerful ER-alpha receptor phyo-estrogen) - starting at 1 capsule, working to 3 capsules in a month

Fatty Acids:
100% Organic Pure Coconut Oil - 3 Tablespoons
100% Organic Pure Hemp Oil (3:1 ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 GLA) - 3 Tablespoons

Emuslifier for Fatty Acids:
Liquid Soy Lecithin: (still figuring out amount).

Juice:
100% Pure Pink Grapefruit Juice - 16oz (helps reduce phytoestrogen breakdown)
(I've done my research on grapefruit juice - it's not going to interact with any pharmaceutical I am taking)
+water dilution to max out waterbottle.
-----------------------------
**Is mixing two Phyo-estrogens going to be an issue? 8-prenylnaringenin is much more attracted to ER-alpha, but it still binds to ER-beta. PM is predominently drawn to ER-beta, so it seems that they might be compimentary as well. Any ideas?

(22-09-2015, 02:23 AM)lightwinder Wrote:  I've finally got a daily NBE program together and was wondering if any of you might have some suggestions on dosage, or the herb combinations below.

Lotus' thread mentions phyo-estrogens have the most impact within a few hours of consumption. Research on grapefruit juice seems to indicate it has the maximum effect of reducing metabolic breakdown immediately after it is taken. I refuse to take mountains of pills all day, so I'm using all powder or liquid extract and dumping everything into a water bottle along with Coconut Oil and Hemp Oil (great Omega-3/GLA source!) plus Soy Leicithin to emulsify the water/oil. By mixing it all up, I'm getting a small but continuous dose spread out throughout the day.

It's actually tolerable (I have poor taste Big Grin) as long as I use a "sport top" waterbottle. The sport top design means I don't really smell it, I just taste it. The pink grapefruit has enough natural sugars and acidity to mask the flavor of the other herbs and oils. A smoothie might be a better approach - just need a decent blender firstDodgy

Pill wise, I'm taking once a day of the following (at night):

standard multivitamin
multimineral suppliment with boron
1x Glucosamine HCL (1500mg) with MSM (1500mg)
1x Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg
B-complex mix (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12)

+PM breast cream massage morning/night.

There are a lot of extra minerals, but I figure my body can safely use what it needs and get rid of the rest.

Waterbottle contents:

5-alpha Reductase Inhibitors:
Chinese Skullcap powder (20:1 extract)- about 2000mg
Reishi Mushroom powder (4:1 extract with "Cracked Spores") - about 2000mg
White Peony (1:3 liquid extract) - 5 drops

Phyto-estrogens:
Pure PM powder extract: 1500mg to start, working up to 3000mg in a month
**Estro8PN Hop Extract capsule emptied (100ug of 8-prenylnaringenin, a powerful ER-alpha receptor phyo-estrogen) - starting at 1 capsule, working to 3 capsules in a month

Fatty Acids:
100% Organic Pure Coconut Oil - 3 Tablespoons
100% Organic Pure Hemp Oil (3:1 ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 GLA) - 3 Tablespoons

Emuslifier for Fatty Acids:
Liquid Soy Lecithin: (still figuring out amount).

Juice:
100% Pure Pink Grapefruit Juice - 16oz (helps reduce phytoestrogen breakdown)
(I've done my research on grapefruit juice - it's not going to interact with any pharmaceutical I am taking)
+water dilution to max out waterbottle.
-----------------------------
**Is mixing two Phyo-estrogens going to be an issue? 8-prenylnaringenin is much more attracted to ER-alpha, but it still binds to ER-beta. PM is predominently drawn to ER-beta, so it seems that they might be compimentary as well. Any ideas?

The most PM I used is 2000mg equivalent of extract. And that is only 2 days out of the month. Most times, only about 1500mg. I am a firm believer the best way to hit growth plateaus is to overdue the E, hence my restrictions and 1 week off of anything estrogenic.

(22-09-2015, 05:47 PM)iaboy Wrote:  The most PM I used is 2000mg equivalent of extract. And that is only 2 days out of the month. Most times, only about 1500mg. I am a firm believer the best way to hit growth plateaus is to overdue the E, hence my restrictions and 1 week off of anything estrogenic.

Good point - plus the PM is in the bloodstream longer with grapefruit juice. A lot of the plans I've seen have 3000mg over the course of a day, so may be it has partly to do with "tolerance" levels?

(23-09-2015, 11:23 PM)lightwinder Wrote:  
(22-09-2015, 05:47 PM)iaboy Wrote:  The most PM I used is 2000mg equivalent of extract. And that is only 2 days out of the month. Most times, only about 1500mg. I am a firm believer the best way to hit growth plateaus is to overdue the E, hence my restrictions and 1 week off of anything estrogenic.

Good point - plus the PM is in the bloodstream longer with grapefruit juice. A lot of the plans I've seen have 3000mg over the course of a day, so may be it has partly to do with "tolerance" levels?

Well, 2 things wrong with Grapefruits for me... First, I cant stand the taste of it. Second, I am taking way too many heart meds that say "Don't Eat Grapefruit or Drink Grapefruit Juice". I think just because there is an enzyme that screws with the body's tolerance or digestion of the meds.

(23-09-2015, 11:33 PM)iaboy Wrote:  Well, 2 things wrong with Grapefruits for me... First, I cant stand the taste of it. Second, I am taking way too many heart meds that say "Don't Eat Grapefruit or Drink Grapefruit Juice". I think just because there is an enzyme that screws with the body's tolerance or digestion of the meds.

It's an aquired taste - I love the taste of raw grapefruit, but I certainly didn't like it the first time I tried it ! Tongue

I'm lucky I'm not taking any medications that could interact with it, and the list of meds that do interact is pretty long. Here's a few: http://drugs.about.com/od/medicationabcs..._drugs.htm

(23-09-2015, 11:47 PM)lightwinder Wrote:  It's an aquired taste - I love the taste of raw grapefruit, but I certainly didn't like it the first time I tried it ! Tongue

I'm lucky I'm not taking any medications that could interact with it, and the list of meds that do interact is pretty long. Here's a few: http://drugs.about.com/od/medicationabcs..._drugs.htm

Nice find, thanks for posting the URL

i don't know about your particular situation but generally speaking you can use diet, exercise and meditation to ween yourself off of the prescription heart medication poison.    doctors push that crap to make $$$...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon