Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Plant based bio-identical hormones.

Anyone have any experience with this? I've read about this and found really no specifics on any particular kind of meds that doctors are prescibing. I am due to see a doctor in a couple of weeks to start on them. Are they as potent as synthetic as they are produced synthically also. I'm also wondering if they do what sort of anti androgens. I know I'll be asking those questions during the visit, however, I'd like to hear from those who are taking them for transitioning.

Doctor's won't as what you're talking about is NBE. Probably the only way they'll say anything about it is "off the record"

Most Progesterone's, are Wild Yam derived through labs. At least that is what I understand. I would say go ahead, and chat with your doctor about it. Even if he/she goes off the record about it. Please take notes and give us the "low-down" on it.

Sorry, I didn't give enough info on this. I am actually going to see a doctor in town who is practicing in bio-identical/holistic medicine. I was told by the person who was making my appointment that he specifically deals with trans people. Other than that, I don't know anything else about how this works. I couldn't find anything online about transitioning with bio identical hormones. I guess these folks are kind of pioneering in this field especially in the trans community. I know it's becoming really popular in menopause. I'll keep posting any info I get throughout my progress. Maybe it's another alternative to consider.

Alrighty! Just saw the doc today and left with my prescriptions for estradiol, spiro, finasteride. After 10 years of pausing, I'm finally back on track! I thought it would be biodenticals, however it seems for my situation, he chose this method.

If he works a lot in this field it would be interesting to hear the doc comment on natural micronized progesterone.

OMG! morning sickness sucks!

(08-10-2015, 06:17 PM)Mayko Wrote:  If he works a lot in this field it would be interesting to hear the doc comment on natural micronized progesterone.

IDK, I'm just on a starting dose right now. It's pretty low as you can see in my signature. However, at my age and the fact that I've had a head start with hormones/breast development years ago but had to stop for about 10 years (thus being on herbals), I don't think higher doses are needed. As a note, a month prior to restarting hormones, I believe I was experiencing the full effects of andropause (I'm in my mid 40s). That is a plus since I don't want any more T than needed. On the down side, sleeplessness really sucked!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon