Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How can you tell if herbs are working?

I've recently decided to try taking herbs again, the first time I jumped feet first into taking large doeses instead of building up so I made no progress. Anyway is there a way to tell if herbs are actually working? Do you "feel" something, or is it just something you notice in the mirror one day?

Sadly, most herbs are weak and subtle in their action so results are not usually immediate. It can take many months to notice the effects, if one notices them at all. Every body is different, and some react more quickly than others. Some do not react at all. Finding the right dose can be difficult. The only good advice is pay attention to your body, start at a low dose, and increase the dose slowly until you notice something happening, then continue to listen to your body because that dose might need to be increased or decreased over time.

It takes time. LOTS of time. Bigger doses are almost never the answer. Take a look a the programs. Try something for at least two or three months before you switch things up that is unless something is obviously not right.

Read through Lotus's technical posts and you'll learn more about the mechanisms than you probably wanted to know. That said, the knowledge will help you make much better decisions on how to proceed.

(27-09-2015, 05:36 PM)spoked451 Wrote:  Read through Lotus's technical posts and you'll learn more about the mechanisms than you probably wanted to know. That said, the knowledge will help you make much better decisions on how to proceed.

I need Lotus for Dummies. Im sure there's tones of great info in there, but there's so much info and it seems like you need a PhD in biology to understand it.

Nice sane and accurate replies Monika and Spoked.

BlueCoral, what a nice handle you have. You can start out with the basics, they helped me after being diagnosed with Gynecomastia.

They are reasonably priced and most if not all can be grocery or health food store.

If you would like, I can try to find the program I originally used with just the basic herbs. PM if you would like and I will try to throw it on for you.

(27-09-2015, 03:07 PM)BlueCoral Wrote:  Do you "feel" something, or is it just something you notice in the mirror one day?

Yes, you may feel something before seeing changes. Sensations may include itchiness, tingling, soreness or tenderness in the breast area.

As far as noticing changes in the mirror, I strongly recommended posting progress pictures to BN every month or so. Others may notice changes before you do because others aren't looking at your breasts every day.

Well

Some of us look at Rosie's breast pics every day

Lol

Oops

X

Julie

(27-09-2015, 05:36 PM)spoked451 Wrote:  It takes time. LOTS of time. Bigger doses are almost never the answer. Take a look a the programs. Try something for at least two or three months before you switch things up that is unless something is obviously not right.

Read through Lotus's technical posts and you'll learn more about the mechanisms than you probably wanted to know. That said, the knowledge will help you make much better decisions on how to proceed.
Well, I did, for about a year-ish without seeing any changes really. I honestly don't know why nothing's working but I'm pinning it on the fact that I didn't listen to people saying to start at low doses and then build up. I really didn't think it would actually make a difference what amounts I took at what times.
(27-09-2015, 06:14 PM)iaboy Wrote:  Nice sane and accurate replies Monika and Spoked.

BlueCoral, what a nice handle you have. You can start out with the basics, they helped me after being diagnosed with Gynecomastia.

They are reasonably priced and most if not all can be grocery or health food store.

If you would like, I can try to find the program I originally used with just the basic herbs. PM if you would like and I will try to throw it on for you.
Sure that would be nice. I'm already taking ainterol PM though with Saw Palmetto.
(27-09-2015, 06:40 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(27-09-2015, 03:07 PM)BlueCoral Wrote:  Do you "feel" something, or is it just something you notice in the mirror one day?

Yes, you may feel something before seeing changes. Sensations may include itchiness, tingling, soreness or tenderness in the breast area.

As far as noticing changes in the mirror, I strongly recommended posting progress pictures to BN every month or so. Others may notice changes before you do because others aren't looking at your breasts every day.
Are those all sort of stuff that you may experience, or some of those things that you should? What I was doing before I never had any of those signs, and right now while taking the current dosage of PM and Saw Palmetto I'm not either; however I just started again and am not taking a whole lot right now.

(28-09-2015, 03:16 AM)BlueCoral Wrote:  
(27-09-2015, 06:40 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  As far as noticing changes in the mirror, I strongly recommended posting progress pictures to BN every month or so. Others may notice changes before you do because others aren't looking at your breasts every day.
Are those all sort of stuff that you may experience, or some of those things that you should? What I was doing before I never had any of those signs, and right now while taking the current dosage of PM and Saw Palmetto I'm not either; however I just started again and am not taking a whole lot right now.

Those are things you may experience. A minimal of six months is what I think it takes before you judge whether a herb is working for you or not.

Question 

(28-09-2015, 03:59 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(28-09-2015, 03:16 AM)BlueCoral Wrote:  
(27-09-2015, 06:40 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  As far as noticing changes in the mirror, I strongly recommended posting progress pictures to BN every month or so. Others may notice changes before you do because others aren't looking at your breasts every day.

Those are things you may experience. A minimal of six months is what I think it takes before you judge whether a herb is working for you or not.
Six months at a minimum? Looking at how other people have progressed, it always sounds and looks like they start taking herbs and almost right away start getting changes. Some of you guys/girls/whatever pronouns you use grow really fast then. For example (I'm not sure if she goes to this site) but on the Ainterol forums Lisa (I think that's her name) showed a picture of herself after three months of taking herbs and she already had a noticeable amount of growth. Did I read her stuff incorrectly and she meant three months after noticing changes, not when she started taking herbs? Huh

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon