Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Womb Transplant

Wasn't sure where to put this so if our dear administrators :-) feel it should be elswhere then please move.

BBC News report of the first womb transplant on the NHS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34397794

The potential for some of our fellow travelers on the NBE path is hard to ignore.

OK, at the moment it's only a limited trial, but does beg the question... if you could, would you?

I would in a heartbeat

I would, too.
I'm trying to hide and "be the man," which is of course more and more stressful...

(30-09-2015, 11:48 AM)Huggy Wrote:  Wasn't sure where to put this so if our dear administrators :-) feel it should be elswhere then please move.

BBC News report of the first womb transplant on the NHS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34397794

The potential for some of our fellow travelers on the NBE path is hard to ignore.

OK, at the moment it's only a limited trial, but does beg the question... if you could, would you?
It can't POSSIBLY be the first!! (Although, I have no clue what NHS is!) I heard about them being done 15 to 20 years ago!! Someone that got a sex change found a donor and had her uterus transplanted into her and she later even got pregnant AND gave birth!! Most likely it was a C-section, because male hip bones are not wide enough to accommodate giving birth. That's why women tend to have bigger asses.
To answer the question: HELL, YEAH!!!! But, I'd like to have kids of my own in my present condition, first.

NHS is British Health System I assumed

I kinda figured that's what it was, but I wasn't sure.

NHS = National Health Services
aka "single payer"
aka Socialized Medicine (with all the problems that entails.)

Hell yeah! I've been wanting this since I was old enough to know the difference between sexual organs! Where can I sign up?

From what I can tell, the focus of this trial is to try to transplant wombs into genetic females only. There's no mention whatsoever of the potential opportunities for transgender women. Until science gets to the point of being able to clone wombs or create artificial wombs, I'm doubtful any wombs will be donated to transgender women so long as there's a long line of genetic females eager to get the transplant.

I'm curious to see what the specific criteria is to be accepted into this trial. Only 1/3 of the 300 applicants were accepted

Interesting to say the least. It may be possible to argue that a younger transgender female should be able to get the surgery done, after all she has also been afflicted with a birth defect that was only corrected later on.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon