Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

It's been a while...

Elain, Prayers & Positive vibes heading your way that you will beat these health issues and have a full recovery.Cool

Elain -

I am so sorry to hear that your MAC infection has caused so much difficulty. I have read that the treatment can take a long time, and that it is important to stay on top of it as much as possible.

My older brother had CLL and it went into total remission a couple of years after diagnosis. He said that the CLL made him feel tired but had no other significant symptoms.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

spanky

(07-03-2016, 01:28 PM)spanky Wrote:  Elain -

I am so sorry to hear that your MAC infection has caused so much difficulty. I have read that the treatment can take a long time, and that it is important to stay on top of it as much as possible.

My older brother had CLL and it went into total remission a couple of years after diagnosis. He said that the CLL made him feel tired but had no other significant symptoms.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

spanky

Yeah. I am looking at another 18 months of treatment minimum, and I've been being treated for more than a year already. I HAVE since restarted the Rifampin, but only after my Endo switched me to estrogen injections rather than pills. Things have been going ok. Not great. I don't seem to be actually beating the MAC, but at least it is being held roughly at bay. The CLL is still in stage 1, so I'm not real worried about it at this time.

As for breast development, things seem to have stalled out, even though my estrogen levels are in the 250-300 range (right where they should be according to my endo). I've read from a few different sources that this is actually a common occurrence, so for now I am not real worried about it.

I had a radical bi-lateral Orchiectomy a cpl months back (removal of both testicles) and since then I have noticed a few very nice changes. My body hair (chest and tummy) is all but gone now, though admittedly, it was already thinning prior to the Orchi, but that thinning has accelerated greatly since. Leg hair is also much thinner, and I find I only have to shave my legs about once a month. Granted, I tend to wear pants or long skirts most of the time so my leg hair isn't showing often enough for me to worry much past that (yet). My skin is now so soft and smooth... I find myself rubbing my arms, or running my hands across my forehead and marveling at how soft my skin is. Facial hair growth is slower, but not significantly so. I AM having electrolysis done every week, so it's slowly going away. I like that.

My medical team (and I have a lot of doctors lol) are all talking with one another, so all my care is organized and coordinated. With luck... I'll have GRS in about a year. Without luck... well... then I sell my car and RV, fly to Taiwan and have GRS done there. We shall see, we shall see LOL.

~Elain

Hi Elain! Sounds like you are on a long round to recovery. I hope everything continues to improve. You're in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and successful recovery.

Sorry to hear your development has stalled. Sad Hopefully does not stay that way for long. Also sounds like one way or another you are determined to complete your change. Smile I wish you success in that endeavor.

Take care of yourself and I hope everything turns out well for you in the end! Cool

Well, things get more interesting. I now have a rather large Gallstone that showed up in a recent MRI. Almost 2cm in size. That explains some of the pain I have in my abdomen on the right side. Health wise though, things seem to be going ok. I stopped HRT for a short time but have since continued with it and I can say that things on that tangent are going well. I have noticeable breasts now. Still not as large as I would like them, but def progress. My hips are rounder and *gasps* I even have an ass now!

In general, I am doing well. Still fighting the MAC infection and the CLL but things there are going as expected. The MAC seems to be taking notice of the antibiotics now and my lung capacity is slowly improving. I still cough up crap from my lungs (i'm a non-smoker of anything) so it's obviously not in full retreat, but I can actually breathe now without laboring too much.

Transition wise things are kinda on hold. I'm still doing HRT but I have paused plans for everything else until I can beat this infection and get it all cleared up. After that. It's game on.

I'll get some pictures of my breasts later and post them.

~Elain

Good luck on your recovery, it sounds like your on the path to good health.

I prey you get well. I learned to be positive and enjoy life even more when I was sick. I had 6 foot and ankle surgeries and emergency spinal cord surgery. The hospitalization and rehabs never got me down. I told my doctors I am not disabled I am going back to work back to my life back to preying for strength. I fought and ate rehab and pain for breakfast. I had a 100% strength test after spinal cord surgery, the only person who has. I started to enjoy the recovery and lost 160 pounds. You can do it.

(27-08-2016, 12:48 AM)ElainMoria Wrote:  Well, things get more interesting. I now have a rather large Gallstone that showed up in a recent MRI. Almost 2cm in size. That explains some of the pain I have in my abdomen on the right side. Health wise though, things seem to be going ok. I stopped HRT for a short time but have since continued with it and I can say that things on that tangent are going well. I have noticeable breasts now. Still not as large as I would like them, but def progress. My hips are rounder and *gasps* I even have an ass now!

In general, I am doing well. Still fighting the MAC infection and the CLL but things there are going as expected. The MAC seems to be taking notice of the antibiotics now and my lung capacity is slowly improving. I still cough up crap from my lungs (i'm a non-smoker of anything) so it's obviously not in full retreat, but I can actually breathe now without laboring too much.

Transition wise things are kinda on hold. I'm still doing HRT but I have paused plans for everything else until I can beat this infection and get it all cleared up. After that. It's game on.

I'll get some pictures of my breasts later and post them.

~Elain

You are sounding well elain. Good to hear x

Hi Elain! It has been a while and glad to hear from you again. I hope and pray that things continue to improve for you in all aspects! Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon