Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Antiperspirants

Dear all.

I am sure most of us here are aware that many of the generally available antiperspirants should actually come with a health warning! However, it seems that the "safe" option of using a crystal deodorant stone as an alternative may not be so safe after all.

I was researching something unrelated and came across this site and have included the link to the page in question.

http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/...-alum.html

I am not saying that this applies to all deodorant stones. In fact, if you are aware of a non alum based alternative I would very much like to hear please. But it seems that yet again we have to be careful out there!

Oh, and if our dear administrators feel this could be better located elsewhere please do :-)

Huggy.

I found a few alum free deodorants in shops that sell homemade soap and such. They had natural ingredients, I haven't tried it personally but bought some for a friend who had reactions to any deos/anti-perspirants with alum in it.

Think what got me when I read this was that Alum is presented as the "safe" alternative. Feel a right mug as I really should have known better. Of course, some basic investigation would have shown what Alum really is and it's pretty obvious when you think about it. But isn't that always the way?

The funny thing is that since starting with NBE, I don't seem to need it so much anyway. Have to admit to feeling just a little smug about that :-)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon