Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I am considering becoming an egg donor!

It's a really huge decision, but I'm about 75% sure that I want to become an egg donor. I've been doing a lot of internet research about the risks and benefits, I think my next step is getting a doctor's opinion and then applying to be a donor.

I've read some not so pleasant things in articles about the risks of the process, but they seem few and far between. I am slightly worried about having to be hospitalized for complications to the process, but aside from that, a bit of discomfort for a month while I take the injections and get ultrasounds seems like a small price to pay for the chance to give someone a child.

I myself don't want children, that's a very personal choice based on my life and financial situation, and the way I view the world. But so many people do, I can't imagine how upsetting it must be to want to be a parent but find out that you are not fertile. How crushing must that feel? I can empathize with that, even if I have never been in that situation myself.

In my life, I really want to help people. It's why I went to school for massage therapy, and it's why I want to be on a K-9 search and rescue team someday. I want to change someone's life. I want to know that when someone looks back on some life altering moment, that I helped facilitate that. I was a part of making their dream a reality. I feel like my purpose is to make other people's lives better in some way.

So it's definitely a lot to consider, but I think that I really want to do this. My only hesitation is the few people who have severe reactions to the hormones. From what I've read, it seems like most of those reactions did not happen until the 5th to 8th time people donated. That seems like a lot to me, I think that I would be a lot more careful about donating so frequently because of the high doses of hormones. Even though doctors say it's mostly safe, there is still a risk, and that is the part that scares me and makes me a little unsure about whether I should do this.

Dear Alliecat, nice to meet you, for you are a good soul. If you really want to help people, just try to be a better example for them. That is always the best way to teach people. And if you really want to do something for them directly then study to be a good nurse. Hugs, POM

Oh, good! I love eggs!! I'll have a few dozen, please.

(25-11-2015, 04:51 AM)pom19 Wrote:  Dear Alliecat, nice to meet you, for you are a good soul. If you really want to help people, just try to be a better example for them. That is always the best way to teach people. And if you really want to do something for them directly then study to be a good nurse. Hugs, POM

It's nice to meet you too, Pom.

Going to school to be an RN is actually one of the things I was considering a while back. I chose massage therapy instead because it's a much quicker program, and at the time I needed a career change, and fast. At some point after becoming financially stable again I plan on going to school for another subject, nursing is a consideration as well as psychology or ecology. There's just too much stuff to choose from!

Thanks for your answer though. So you think it would be better to not go through with it?

(25-11-2015, 11:10 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  Oh, good! I love eggs!! I'll have a few dozen, please.

Sure! They are $4 per dozen. They're organic, so it's a little more pricey, but worth it Tongue

(25-11-2015, 04:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote:  
(25-11-2015, 04:51 AM)pom19 Wrote:  Dear Alliecat, nice to meet you, for you are a good soul. If you really want to help people, just try to be a better example for them. That is always the best way to teach people. And if you really want to do something for them directly then study to be a good nurse. Hugs, POM

It's nice to meet you too, Pom.

Going to school to be an RN is actually one of the things I was considering a while back. I chose massage therapy instead because it's a much quicker program, and at the time I needed a career change, and fast. At some point after becoming financially stable again I plan on going to school for another subject, nursing is a consideration as well as psychology or ecology. There's just too much stuff to choose from!

Thanks for your answer though. So you think it would be better to not go through with it?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Unless you know the individuals personally that are desperately in need of it, then NO. There are psychological issues with that after the birth of the child. So help humanity in different way and not a complicated method. Have a simple life. POM

(25-11-2015, 04:42 PM)Alliecat Wrote:  
(25-11-2015, 11:10 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  Oh, good! I love eggs!! I'll have a few dozen, please.

Sure! They are $4 per dozen. They're organic, so it's a little more pricey, but worth it Tongue
I never understood why things that are grown without chemicals are more expensive than the stuff where expensive chemicals are added. You'd THINK that the people that grow natural stuff would WANT people to buy their goods and, in as such, charge much less for them!! There's no huge factories to maintain, only a few employees rather than thousands, but they want MORE money for their goods! I'd think they'd WANT more people to buy healthy than the garbage you get in the chain stores. The healthier people are because of your products, the longer they'll be alive to buy more of them!! I think the biggest reason people prefer to buy the crappy version is because they can't afford the good stuff!

Anyway, I've tried NUMEROUS times to be a sperm donor, but I keep getting into trouble for it!! Apparently women don't want fresh, they'd rather have frozen, and no matter how much I try to give it to them (I'm not even CHARGING for it!!) they just don't want it!! Go figure!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon