Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

White Peony Extract Users

(14-09-2016, 01:19 AM)spanky Wrote:  
(14-09-2016, 12:04 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Lotus, isn't WP's prime usage to stop T production.

Not trying to answer for Lotus (I am not qualified to do that!), but I believe WP does not stop T production but rather promotes aromatization of T which converts it into E. Or something like that.

Your right my choice of words were wrong, is it correct to say it ties up your Free T, so leaves less for conversion to DHT. My thoughts are, do you want to cycle an AA ??. The PM I could see ( I cycled my own - 5 days off every 5 weeks )

(14-09-2016, 03:27 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  
(14-09-2016, 12:04 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Lotus, isn't WP's prime usage to stop T production.

Not trying to answer for Lotus (I am not qualified to do that!), but I believe WP does not stop T production but rather promotes aromatization of T which converts it into E. Or something like that.

Your right my choice of words were wrong, is it correct to say it ties up your Free T, so leaves less for conversion to DHT. My thoughts are, do you want to cycle an AA ??. The PM I could see ( I cycled my own - 5 days off every 5 weeks )

Paeonia lactiflora decreases testosterone production by inhibiting the conversion of delta 4-androstenedione to testosterone. In the ovaries WP stimulates aromatase activity to promote estradiol synthesis. WP inhibits DHT in skin (via sebum production by the sebaceous glands).

PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling is mediated by Paeoniflorin (WP). This is quite significant news btw, I'll have to explain in another thread.

(14-09-2016, 05:16 AM)Lotus Wrote:  

Paeonia lactiflora decreases testosterone production by inhibiting the conversion of delta 4-androstenedione to testosterone. In the ovaries WP stimulates aromatase activity to promote estradiol synthesis. WP inhibits DHT in skin (via sebum production by the sebaceous glands).

PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling is mediated by Paeoniflorin (WP). This is quite significant news btw, I'll have to explain in another thread.

Hi, Lotus,
Sorry to just ask bluntly instead of researching, but I already went the research route once and found it too much work. ;-)
Young lady has PCOS, and thus high T. Would White Peony then help her control the symptoms of PCOS better, especially WRT Testosterone over-production?
She likes being a girl, so facial hair and bad periods and an overly-aggressive attitude are undesired...

Thank you,
-Dianna

(16-09-2016, 10:17 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  

Hi, Lotus,
Sorry to just ask bluntly instead of researching, but I already went the research route once and found it too much work. ;-)
Young lady has PCOS, and thus high T. Would White Peony then help her control the symptoms of PCOS better, especially WRT Testosterone over-production?
She likes being a girl, so facial hair and bad periods and an overly-aggressive attitude are undesired...

Thank you
-Dianna

Try to look at the whole solution, meaning what's is the cause of the PCOS. My approach would be at lowering inflammation, and we know that's where mutations occur in aterial cells, (clog arteries and adding inflammation). Acne is an example of inflammation, too much polyunsaturated fats. So.... to solve inflammation you change the ratio of fats in cells, via the blood. In other words, stop feeding inflammation and reduce our dependence of w6 fats. Personally, I think the w6 to w3 ratio should be 1:1 to 1:3.

Also, I'd have this young lady get some labs done to identify what androgens are out of whack. Btw, normal testosterone range in females is somewhere between 30 ng/dL to 90 ng/dL, males in comparison is 300 ng/dL to 1200 ng/dL. Keep in mind, 50% of E production in premenopausal women is found in adipose tissue, 70% in postmenopausal women.........that's somewhere where the males at BN fit (postmenopausal women).

WP inhibits T in the ovaries, though it stimulates E in the ovaries too, which E could benefit PCOS from high levels of T being produced. Now, spiro is used as a pharma approach, though other options exist.

Good luck Diana, i hope things work out for the better with this young lady. Smile

apologies to OP (spanky) it looks like a high jack on my part. Blush

(17-09-2016, 02:14 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(16-09-2016, 10:17 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  
(14-09-2016, 01:19 AM)spanky Wrote:  Not trying to answer for Lotus (I am not qualified to do that!), but I believe WP does not stop T production but rather promotes aromatization of T which converts it into E. Or something like that.

Hi, Lotus,

Thank you
-Dianna

Try to look at the whole solution, meaning what's is the cause of the PCOS. My approach would be at lowering inflammation, and we know that's where mutations occur in aterial cells, (clog arteries and adding inflammation). Acne is an example of inflammation, too much polyunsaturated fats. So.... to solve inflammation you change the ratio of fats in cells, via the blood. In other words, stop feeding inflammation and reduce our dependence of w6 fats. Personally, I think the w6 to w3 ratio should be 1:1 to 1:3.

Also, I'd have this young lady get some labs done to identify what androgens are out of whack. Btw, normal testosterone range in females is somewhere between 30 ng/dL to 90 ng/dL, males in comparison is 300 ng/dL to 1200 ng/dL. Keep in mind, 50% of E production in premenopausal women is found in adipose tissue, 70% in postmenopausal women.........that's somewhere where the males at BN fit (postmenopausal women).

WP inhibits T in the ovaries, though it stimulates E in the ovaries too, which E could benefit PCOS from high levels of T being produced. Now, spiro is used as a pharma approach, though other options exist.

Good luck Diana, i hope things work out for the better with this young lady. Smile

apologies to OP (spanky) it looks like a high jack on my part. Blush

Hi, Lotus,
Thank you for the reply, I'm trying to put it into context now, as she's had labs done, but doesn't know to share them. Part of the "immediate gratification" generation, she doesn't care about the steps to get there, just wants it handed to her, now, immediately.

Sounds like we should look into an anti-inflammatory diet, and then supplement WP as well. She's on Spiro and a birth control now - and there's a BIG red flag there, as well. She's on Low dose now, because on higher doses, she expressed a lot of rage... Traditionally, tied to higher T levels, but also... If you give a "normal" male E, or reduce the T, he'll get edgy and angry. I've always had low T... At least, so far as I know. Injuries and environment and "other activities" might've caused it, but... The anger and aggression matches.
What isn't clear is how much anger & aggression existed before the BC; how much is purely mental vs. physically induced via hormone imbalance; what the correct balance is for her; whether she should be on WP, PM, BC, BO, mix and match...
My concern is, she's enjoying the "high" that an early 20s male feels - invincible, always right, go-getter attitude. Maybe that's what she SHOULD have...? Maybe she's actually Trans, and just doesn't want to give up the girl goodies....? (Mentally male, wants to stay physically female, and we know that's impossible, Futanari stories notwithstanding.)

Thank you again for the answers. I'll stop derailing Spanky's thread!
-Dianna

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon