Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Went to the Informed Consent Clinic Yesterday

(04-03-2016, 08:21 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I wish I had one of those near me... I'm in the USA, but Ohio doesn't seem to think informed consent should exist, since we don't have a single informed consent clinic in the entire state. None of the neighbor states have informed consent yet either.
Not sure where in Ohio you are, but there are apparently a couple here in the Columbus area. They don't blatantly advertise themselves as informed consent, instead relying on word of mouth in the TG community.

(05-03-2016, 12:35 AM)OHboobs Wrote:  Not sure where in Ohio you are, but there are apparently a couple here in the Columbus area. They don't blatantly advertise themselves as informed consent, instead relying on word of mouth in the TG community.

Okay, maybe it's the same thing here in Toledo. Cleveland is a bit far. I guess I'd have to call some and find out, none of the local TG folk I know seem to be talking about it, so the word of mouth thing is failing if it does exist here. I'd want to find something in Toledo, PBurg, BG, or Ann Arbor across the state border. AFAIK the "gender clinic" attached to the UM-Ann Arbor is WPATH and all-in-house, but still, WPATH. There could be independent practices up there though and any of them could be informed consent and trying to rely on a failed word of mouth. There's not even anything on the internet directory of informed consent clinics about Cleveland though, so you might want to let them know.

(05-03-2016, 04:45 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(05-03-2016, 12:35 AM)OHboobs Wrote:  Not sure where in Ohio you are, but there are apparently a couple here in the Columbus area. They don't blatantly advertise themselves as informed consent, instead relying on word of mouth in the TG community.

Okay, maybe it's the same thing here in Toledo. Cleveland is a bit far. I guess I'd have to call some and find out, none of the local TG folk I know seem to be talking about it, so the word of mouth thing is failing if it does exist here. I'd want to find something in Toledo, PBurg, BG, or Ann Arbor across the state border. AFAIK the "gender clinic" attached to the UM-Ann Arbor is WPATH and all-in-house, but still, WPATH. There could be independent practices up there though and any of them could be informed consent and trying to rely on a failed word of mouth. There's not even anything on the internet directory of informed consent clinics about Cleveland though, so you might want to let them know.

Columbus, not Cleveland. But this site has info on trans-friendly doctors and mentions a few that use inform consent. Nothing in Toledo tho.
http://transwellness.org/resources/healt...nals/ohio/

I have been doing low dose hrt, not to transition but to set my brain right. This has been working fine. I was taking 150mg of spironolactone and 2.5 mg of estradiol daily. Since I consume a diet naturally low in sodium the only side effect / drawback of the spironolactone was the intense cravings for salty food. This was driving me mad, so 2 weeks ago I stopped the spiro and increased the estradiol to 3mg daily.

Yesterday I had my 6 month checkup. The clinician was fine with me stopping spiro and asked if I wanted to try finasteride instead. I passed on this offer, if possible I would like to keep these drugs clear of my system. Since mental stability and not transition is my goal I decided to stick with 3mg of estradiol for now and see how it pans out.

Additionally, because of a prescription mix up if I decide to start spiro back up I have enough for 100mg a day for 6 months. Which was still a little maddening for the first 3 months, but manageable.

My next appointment is in 6 months.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon