Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

how did you come by your name?

(01-01-2016, 11:38 PM)Ellie Wrote:  
(31-12-2015, 10:01 PM)WantAPair Wrote:  My parents gave it to me! I just happen to have one of those names that can be used for boys or girls. Although, there ARE a lot of women these days that have male names!! Michael Learned springs to mind. Other names are basically male, but, if you switch a letter or two, it becomes fem. Bobbi, Ricki, Danni, Dennis becomes Denise, Donny becomes Donna or Don becomes Dawn, Jules becomes Julie, etc., or you can add one letter to make it fem, Carl can become Carla or Carly, Dale becomes Dayle, Robert becomes Roberta, Frederick becomes Fredericka, etc..
I went to school with a gorgeous, very sexy girl, that always dressed very sexy. I think her name was Doreen or Dolores, but she had everyone call her, Bronco!!

The feminine form of my male name seems kind of cliche for me Sad My friends are still trying to think of a good name, but nothing's stuck so far. 'Gemma' was a good contender last night. Smile It has a nice ring to it.
What's wrong with Ellie? What about Julie. you kinda look like a Julie. Not someone I know, it just looks to suit you.

To me 'Ellie' seems kind of... hard to describe, but I guess petite? Maybe it is just the 'ee' sound at the end. It's still a likely name since I've been using it the longest!

Actually Julie sounds better, but also has the 'ee' at the end... dunno. I'll probably just have a facebook poll and get it over with!

How about Meredith or gwendolin ( Gwen for short) . Elsa is once again popular due to the movie Frozen. :p

My advice is this :go with the name that "feels right" or sings to you. One that makes you happy to hear it said, afterall, you will be hearing it the rest of your life.

For me, i wanted one that could be coupled with a middl name...one that was pretty enough.

I have synesthesia..crossing of the senses..to me, my name reminds me of tinkling of glass wind chimes ( odd i know). For me "flat" names or monosyllabic names dont embody my personality.

That being said, choose wisely.

(02-01-2016, 03:36 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  My advice is this :go with the name that "feels right" or sings to you. One that makes you happy to hear it said, afterall, you will be hearing it the rest of your life.

^^^ This! I still like my male name but it isn't working. It needs explanation every time I meet someone new.

EDIT : My dad has just made me a beautiful silver pendent with a stylized version of my first initial. This is going to reduce the options ^_^

What's wrong with Ellie ?

It's a sweet name

Julie

(02-01-2016, 04:20 PM)Ellie Wrote:  
(02-01-2016, 03:36 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  My advice is this :go with the name that "feels right" or sings to you. One that makes you happy to hear it said, afterall, you will be hearing it the rest of your life.

^^^ This! I still like my male name but it isn't working. It needs explanation every time I meet someone new.

EDIT : My dad has just made me a beautiful silver pendent with a stylized version of my first initial. This is going to reduce the options ^_^

Although I like Jannet, my wife hates it. On top of that whenever I meet or introduce myself to somebody new, they always seem to think I said Janice. So who knows, maybe i might change my name down the road ??

(02-01-2016, 12:16 PM)Ellie Wrote:  To me 'Ellie' seems kind of... hard to describe, but I guess petite? Maybe it is just the 'ee' sound at the end. It's still a likely name since I've been using it the longest!

Actually Julie sounds better, but also has the 'ee' at the end... dunno. I'll probably just have a facebook poll and get it over with!
How about Bathsheba, Hortence, Brunhilda, Constantina, Latrina, Shawanda?

Pretty sure a name's been chosen. What do you think? ^_^

Some of my friends and fam liked Ellie but looks like Tasha's won!

Very nice. Tasha is such a beautiful name.

I just like mine. It fits.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon