Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Estrogen Tablets

Rainbow 

Ok here is kinda bizarro question.

My estrogen tablets say to take 1 twice a day. So every 12 hours.

So if I took one at 5am and the other at 5PM there is no overlap.
So would that give the best benefit of the medicine.
OR
Take 1 at 5am then at say 6pm. Allowing the medicine to start fresh.
OR
Should I be taking the 2nd one before times up say at 4:30pm?

And YES I do take them sublingually.

Darn I had this worded so well in my head before I wrote this.

But do you see where I am going with this question. If you do or don't please ask a question.

There isn't much of a difference taking it at 4 PM vs 6 PM: the curve is really flat in that area.

(29-12-2015, 10:32 PM)Candace Wrote:  There is isn't much of a difference taking it at 4 PM vs 6 PM: the curve is really flat in that area.

Great chart, I would have to assume the effect of PM would have a similar graph, but the reference values would just be lower.

I take mine once in the morning and one in the late afternoon. I dont bother if its within an hour or two difference.
Rainbow 

Yes I am the same. I take them every 12 hours and have been for almost a year now.

But, I was pondering this question in my head and thought I would post it.

Thank you all.

I asked that sort of a question with one of my heart medications.

The answer is that given the time to break down, and to actually get into the blood stream and start to do it's job is about 4 - 6 hrs on a lot of medications. (unless of course it's time released type of pill, med etc.)

If the dose is 1 pill every twelve hr's, one or so hours shouldn't be a bother. BUT, if you group it like at 4 hrs, you will overload your system and with hormones, they tend to end up as waste in the stool or causing other problems.. Such as being stored up and causing DVT's or cancer's.

When doing it sub lingually, I would assume it's even more critical do to the higher availability of what ever drug, herb one is taking.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon