Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bo and/or hrt?

Hey everyone, a little about me before my post. I joined this site mostly to look at herbal options and things like that to avoid hrt type stuff. Well I think I am finally ready to seek professional opinions/help which will probably lead to hrt.

My question here is more of this, has anyone on hrt taken BO at the same time? Or is it something you would want to use in place of hrt. I read one thread that hinted that it isn't good to take with other hormone like things. Not sure how much anyone has played with this stuff. Maybe I could start with bo then when it runs out use normal hrt, or while on hrt alternate some days with BO.

I've heard mostly positive reviews from BO, but as some threads here show it might stop making progress in a few months... so I wanted to finally ask my own question about this stuff. Thanks in advance for anything helpful words.

I was on BO for a month before I got diagnosed with cancer of the blood (leukemia). Not sure if the two are related or not but cannot confirm. Not trying to scare you but with hrt, you at least know what you're ingesting. BO can be a gamble since it's not regulated.
Erin

Hi,

I had taken Swanson BO with my prescription HRT. I don't recommend doing both at the same time. Some of my liver levels jumped up and I had to stop both. HRT is hard enough on your liver and system, it doesn't need help lol. It may also alter your test results which may lead your doctor into lowering your dosage or delaying increases.

You'll also want to stop/minimize drinking (and/or any other intoxicants) as well.

Speaking from experience, I wouldn't want to use BO in place of HRT...I'd want to use HRT in place of BO. It's better to do one or the other, not both. To put it another way, you're basically getting a prescription for morphine or demerol but taking extra strength tylenol as well.

I started an NBE regimen to test the waters and begin the process until my doctor was able to authorize a prescription. Which happened a lot sooner than expected.

I ran out of my NBE in April and started taking Swanson BO as a filler until my prescription coverage was sorted out (estrogel and finasteride needed special authorization from my doc).

I delved into temptation of wanting to finish my stock of BO (6 months) AND start my prescription (didn't wanna wait 6 months). So, I lowered my BO dose (1 500mg tab in the morning, 1 at night) to try and compensate for the prescription estrogen.

HRT regimen and dosage.

While some of my features (mostly facial) softened and feminized a lot quicker than normal, it simply wasn't worth the tax on my system. Patience and caution are always the better route.

(03-01-2016, 04:36 AM)Erin Wrote:  but with hrt, you at least know what you're ingesting. BO can be a gamble since it's not regulated.

This ^^^^ Don't take the chance with unknown quality or substances.

If you are serious about transitioning then go with professional help. Herbals have their place, but you will waste many dollars for many years and not achieve very much in ways of total feminization. I did it for ten years on herbals and got less 1/1000 th of effect both in mental/physical effects than i got in 3 months of hrt. Hrt has its dangers, however if you have a doctor monitoring your blood levels, its can be safe. There are thousands and thousands of us out there doing just fine and a few who run into complications. There are also those who arent responsible with the meds and overall health and are usually the ones with the bad issues. And never take other supplements with your hrt. Im talk any nbe, dim or any hormone balancing supps. They can mess with the hrt effectiveness. Thats just my opion/experience.

Thank you very well for the feedback. I was just getting myself set up with the first visits to a therapist first. Glad to hear I should really wait for the doctor first before even thinking of starting the BO.
I honestly am extremely nervous on anything to do with coming out with this. I figured it would be easier for myself once I have a therapist/doctor on my side or you know... I've established this is a fully um... you know how some people will always argue 'its just a phase' even though its been in your mind for over a decade...
Yikes... over a decade... I... wow... you never realize just how long it has been till you put it in perspective. Sorry for going off topic a bit there

Hi

Try almost 20 years wanting breasts and I'm only just growing them again

Crazy stuff

Julie

Congrats on your first steps! I was pretty nervous making my first appointment and coming out to my new doctor. Felt great to have her on my side when I did though.

Just in case you haven't already done so, here are some links for more info on hormones. Helps us ask more informed questions and understand what's going in, going on, and what to expect.

http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/r...efault.asp

http://transhealth.ucsf.edu/trans?page=p...line-tests

http://www.wagenderproject.org/resources...es-MTF.pdf

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon