Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

HRT regimens and dosages

Had my bloodwork back the other day.

Plasma oestradiol = 479pmol/L [aiming for around 600-800]
Free Testosterone = 14.2 [I forget the unit, but normal male range 8-30]

Estrogen is OK, but on the low side, and T is way too high. Surprised it's still within male range to be honest. I'm taking Estadiol up to 4mg a day and Spiro to 200mg, both split between morning and evenings.

oh, and liver and renal function, potassium, etc are all perfect. Smile

(15-01-2016, 10:51 AM)-Tasha- Wrote:  Estrogen is OK, but on the low side, and T is way too high. Surprised it's still within male range to be honest. I'm taking Estadiol up to 4mg a day and Spiro to 200mg, both split between morning and evenings.

It is my understanding that since Spiro completes at the DHT receptor level it does decrease free T as quickly as you feel the effects of T go away. The longer you're on both the lower the free T will drop.

Yeah, T would probably drop further if I stayed on the same dose for a while longer but I'd have hoped it was at least below male range at this point even if not within female range.

Think I should keep spiro at 100mg and see what happens?

(15-01-2016, 02:03 PM)-Tasha- Wrote:  Think I should keep spiro at 100mg and see what happens?

I think you should do as your doc or clinician advises.

The person doing my HRT informed me she doesn't check E or T levels. She says it drives people crazy and has little effect on outcome. She has a plan that eventually levels off at 6mg of estradiol sublingually and I think 200mg of spiro, but I'm not sure. She does do all of the other blood work to ensure no health hazards arise. I'll have my three month check up the end of February and I'll see then how she will be changing the doses.

I'm on the waiting list for the Gender Identity Clinic.

It is (as of this week) 3.5 years long. I'm not even joking.

(15-01-2016, 04:22 PM)-Tasha- Wrote:  I'm on the waiting list for the Gender Identity Clinic.

Didn't realize you might have been self medicating. I have no expertise but 200 Spiro seems like it should be fine. This guide might help.

(15-01-2016, 04:22 PM)-Tasha- Wrote:  I'm on the waiting list for the Gender Identity Clinic.

I didn't relise the UK, was that slow? So they still insist you live as a female for 12 months before you can go on hormones ??

some areas are better than others. Charing Cross is supposed to be the best. I just so happen to be in the worst area in the UK with the longest waiting list. When I started PM it was around 1-1.5 years long. When I was looking at coming out it was 3 years. Now I'm actually on the list it is 3.5 years :'(

Due to funding they can only take on 160 new patients a year and this branch doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation either. Bah. I only need them for a gender recognition certificate. Prescribed meds would be good too, but they're the only ones who can issue the certificate.

I think they can prescribe hormones after they've diagnosed gender dysphoria but for surgery they do want you to live full time for one... or maybe it's two... years. I think at one point they did make you live full time before they even prescribed hormones. Think that's changed now.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon