Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

2 Year BUMP

2 Year BUMP
Large numbers of us here seem to stop growth or migrate from the forum at the 2 years mark ?
I wonder what happens here
Have members reached growth max ?
Go onto HRT
Become scared of further growth
You see lots of photos on and off hormones/herbals for 2 years and zapp, gone ?
Quite strange
Julie

(08-01-2016, 05:46 PM)julieTG Wrote:  2 Year BUMP
Large numbers of us here seem to stop growth or migrate from the forum at the 2 years mark ?
I wonder what happens here
Have members reached growth max ?
Go onto HRT
Become scared of further growth
You see lots of photos on and off hormones/herbals for 2 years and zapp, gone ?
Quite strange
Julie

I am horrible with remembering names, w/out faces. But I do know we had 2 - 3 that ran into medical complications like cancer's, DVT problems ect. Also, it seems to me, like several said there goodbyes because, in their paraphrase, moved beyond we mere mortals and didn't feel like there was much more to gain here.

The majority, I suspect, loose patience, don't grasp the info that is here and grow tired of trying to find the "magical potion", hence drop out.

Hi Julie,

Even though my 4 year anniversary of joining the forum is coming up in March, I would like to put in my $0.02.

I think I understand why people may leave the forum. In the last year or so, I've been less active than in prior years. With the exception of a thread I created last week, the last time I created a thread was in June of last year. The last time I posted progress pictures was in August 2015. My average daily post count used to more than 2.00 and now it's 1.92. Part of the decline I think is choosing to go cold turkey for between 30-100 days at a time. Another reason is the dwindling number of members who become long-term contributors to the forum. The third reason is hitting the wall of non-progress as you mentioned. Besides my puffy areloas, it's hard to say how much progress I'm really making anymore.

A bigger issue I think is the large number of members who don't make the first step to introduce themselves and post progress pictures. There are 12,000+ members registered but the top ten posters contribute probably more than 10% of all posts made.

There have been other forums I have been involved with in the past, but as time goes on we tend to drift away onto other endevors or hobbies. Or life simply gets in the way. I would expect sooner or later once most of us have hit a point that growth stops, we will probably drift away. Although, one of the nice things I like about this site is it always seems be evolving. New ideas, New ways of thinking etc. ( Thanks Lotus ).

Umm maybe indeed

Well grand is the new cool now so membership should grow ?

Julie

(09-01-2016, 09:08 AM)julieTG Wrote:  Umm maybe indeed

Well grand is the new cool now so membership should grow ?

Julie

Would you please explain? I'm not following you.

LOL

That should have read

Trans is the new cool

Julie

I joined and lurked for like 3 months before i posted an introduction. I may or may not continue doing this, and it seems that may also a factor in the drop off. I have the psychological aspects that i'm still working on, not to mention confession to the wife if i do decide to progress further. This can be a fun situation or a very scary one depending on the person and i think some people just use the forums for research.
One particular attraction that brought me on was being able to actually see results that weren't just claims by sellers on dubious websites, or reviews that seemed false or misleading on amazon,ebay,etc..
I have no reason to stay or go at this point but reading and getting different viewpoints seems to be helping me come to an overall decision as to what i want to do, so i don't see the "in and out" nature of membership here as a problem any more so than say a forum on any other topic that discusses a product.

Two years seems to be a common magic number for people trying new things throughout human experience. For instance I've interacted with or followed a lot of bloggers and vloggers on the web. The average blogger tends to go about two years before tiring and abandoning it. The same seems to go for YouTubers and podcasters. I've often wondered if a two year limit for projects may be built into human nature.

Hmmmm, never thought of it like that.... Maybe you maybe right?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon