Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hap Hazzard BUT Happy,,

(24-01-2016, 06:45 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(24-01-2016, 06:19 PM)Pinnochia Wrote:  
(24-01-2016, 08:40 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  Wow cyanide.. Bloody hell.. Ok well I ordered some organic flaxseed oil caps... I hope because it's the hottest part of summer here they won't be exposed to too much heat prior to delivery. Also ordered lecithin granules which purportedly help with cardio and mental health.

thank you re the warning with cyanaid, I truely never heard that before.

No problem,, Elle- i started thinking about it and thought i should give you the whole picture to reflect upon before deciding.

Thats the thing about suppliments that such a gamble,, we all have different make ups ,, some of us are allergic to things others would bloom using. Lecithin granules? im gonna have to check that out ,, do you think theyed be beneficial to a man as far as growth is concerned?

I heard somewhere it can be refrigerated but id thoughly check out the specifics on that.. never go on my word alone i mean LOL,,, Hope you have a good day Elle-.Smile
Thanks Pino. What you said about cyanaid made sence In Flax meal resonated with me because I he's the same thing of rice bran and even rice for that matter. I unfortunately think everything is contaminated to a degree due to toxic farming processes. Guess we need to Cross reference everything these dAys.

Lecithin is another controversial product as I believe ALOT of it is derived by soy. But the only reAson I looked into it was according to the D'Amo blood type diet suggested it's highly beneficial for my blood type (historic genetic origin etc) . Of course I don't know if I buy into that hype but going by the reviews of people who have switched its pretty encouraging , there's nothing to loose by trying it right.

Il cautiously try flaxseed oil and see if it helps with my dry eye cause it's notable worse the summer
My Lori has a terrible time with Dry eye,,, she's tried all kinds of drops, if it helps you please let me know so i can send the information her way.

(24-01-2016, 06:53 PM)Pinnochia Wrote:  
(24-01-2016, 06:45 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(24-01-2016, 06:19 PM)Pinnochia Wrote:  
(24-01-2016, 08:40 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  Wow cyanide.. Bloody hell.. Ok well I ordered some organic flaxseed oil caps... I hope because it's the hottest part of summer here they won't be exposed to too much heat prior to delivery. Also ordered lecithin granules which purportedly help with cardio and mental health.

thank you re the warning with cyanaid, I truely never heard that before.

No problem,, Elle- i started thinking about it and thought i should give you the whole picture to reflect upon before deciding.

Thats the thing about suppliments that such a gamble,, we all have different make ups ,, some of us are allergic to things others would bloom using. Lecithin granules? im gonna have to check that out ,, do you think theyed be beneficial to a man as far as growth is concerned?

I heard somewhere it can be refrigerated but id thoughly check out the specifics on that.. never go on my word alone i mean LOL,,, Hope you have a good day Elle-.Smile
Thanks Pino. What you said about cyanaid made sence In Flax meal resonated with me because I he's the same thing of rice bran and even rice for that matter. I unfortunately think everything is contaminated to a degree due to toxic farming processes. Guess we need to Cross reference everything these dAys.

Lecithin is another controversial product as I believe ALOT of it is derived by soy. But the only reAson I looked into it was according to the D'Amo blood type diet suggested it's highly beneficial for my blood type (historic genetic origin etc) . Of course I don't know if I buy into that hype but going by the reviews of people who have switched its pretty encouraging , there's nothing to loose by trying it right.

Il cautiously try flaxseed oil and see if it helps with my dry eye cause it's notable worse the summer
My Lori has a terrible time with Dry eye,,, she's tried all kinds of drops, if it helps you please let me know so i can send the information her way.
Will do Pino. A short Amazon search on testimonials showed many people getting relief from dry eyes on flax so that's something I never knew. Il let you know

If you're after choline, the triple-strength lecithin softgels (sometimes called phosphatidyl choline) are more economical than plain lecithin, and you won't be pounding yourself with as much omega-6.

Flax oil cannot substitute for EPA/DHA from fish or algae. Someone analyzed the effects of diet on membrane composition and published some equations. I plugged my diet into them and toyed around with what supplements would do. See the attached screen shot.

I could take 9 grams of flax oil and still not be able to get my omega-6 (called n6 in the shot) below 60%. It increases EPA and DPA, but actually displaces DHA.

1000 mg EPA/DHA is overkill: omega-6 drops to 51%. 500 mg isn't enough, since omega-6 is 61%. So I take the 500 mg EPA/DHA and tack on 2 g flax oil to get to 59% omega-6.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(24-01-2016, 07:15 PM)Candace Wrote:  If you're after choline, the triple-strength lecithin softgels (sometimes called phosphatidyl choline) are more economical than plain lecithin, and you won't be pounding yourself with as much omega-6.

Flax oil cannot substitute for EPA/DHA from fish or algae. Someone analyzed the effects of diet on membrane composition and published some equations. I plugged my diet into them and toyed around with what supplements would do. See the attached screen shot.

I could take 9 grams of flax oil and still not be able to get my omega-6 (called n6 in the shot) below 60%. It increases EPA and DPA, but actually displaces DHA.

1000 mg EPA/DHA is overkill: omega-6 drops to 51%. 500 mg isn't enough, since omega-6 is 61%. So I take the 500 mg EPA/DHA and tack on 2 g flax oil to get to 59% omega-6.

Sorry candace I'm a it confused..
In your opinion how do you reach the right ratio of omega 6:3 by way of supplementation? Flax or fish or epo etc etc
Im conflicted as to what flax is a source of 3 or 6 , I'd heard it was 3 then 3/6/9 so Huh

(24-01-2016, 07:25 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(24-01-2016, 07:15 PM)Candace Wrote:  If you're after choline, the triple-strength lecithin softgels (sometimes called phosphatidyl choline) are more economical than plain lecithin, and you won't be pounding yourself with as much omega-6.

In your opinion how do you reach the right ratio of omega 6:3 by way of supplementation? Flax or fish or epo etc etc
Im conflicted as to what flax is a source of 3 or 6 , I'd heard it was 3 then 3/6/9 so Huh
Well cant you take fish oil and flax? would you be overloading on something? or would you just be attending to heart health as well building tissue for breast growth?

blood serum FFA (free fatty acids) contribute to disease states, (insulin resistance , diabiates, cancer, ischemia, immune response, etc). Only 2-5% of fatty acids are unbound from albumin, the rest is bound causing these disease states. I think (imo) the FFA in blood serum (fat in our our NBE diet) makes us sluggish, like arthritic conditions (think RA). Freeing these fatty acids is a big deal, least not we forgot, hormones are tightly bound in albumin with similar binding percentage.

A few ways to fix this, e.g. fast for 12-14 hours, low dose aspirin........exercise. And it looks like FFA's reduces calcium.........PM also reduces calcium, I'm guessing because manufacturers knew that PM lowers the parathyroid. But, would they have known about FFA's causing these disease states?. dunno. That fact is, the same could be said for PUFA's, n6's, the ratio (imo) should be 1:3 n6 to n3.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656504/

FREE, I.E., NONESTERIFIED, fatty acids (FFA) are major substrates for energy metabolism, and consequently large quantities of FFA have to be supplied to peripheral cells. Since FFA are highly insoluble in the aqueous phase, their major proportion is transported in blood bound to albumin, thereby keeping the concentration of unbound FFA extremely low (1)⇓. However, the efficient binding of FFA to albumin not only mediates their solubility, but also prevents direct effects of unbound FFA on various cellular functions. Activation, degranulation, and cytolytic functions of lymphocytes in particular are inhibited in vitro by the naturally prevailing cis-unsaturated species of unbound FFA (2⇓3⇓4⇓5⇓6)⇓. Accordingly, diseases with increased serum FFA concentrations such as diabetes mellitus (7)⇓, cancer (8⇓, 9)⇓, and states of ischemia (10⇓, 11)⇓ are often associated with disturbances in immune function (12⇓, 13)⇓. Since activation of T lymphocytes plays a pivotal role for initiating immune response and cell-mediated cytotoxic activity, inhibition of lymphocyte activation by elevated serum FFA levels could evoke a clinically relevant immunosuppressive effect.

http://www.fasebj.org/content/14/7/939.full

-----------------------

binding: a cause for misinterpretation of serum calcium values and hypocalcemia in critical illness.
Zaloga GP, Willey S, Tomasic P, Chernow B.
Abstract
FFAs are bound with calcium on the albumin molecule. We hypothesized that changes in circulating FFA levels during critical illness altered calcium-albumin binding. We found that serum from both normal subjects and critically ill patients contained an ether-extractable factor which lowered ionized calcium concentrations and increased albumin-calcium binding. This factor was found in higher concentrations in serum from ill patients. Oleic acid and palmitic acid increased albumin-calcium binding from 2-28% in a dose-dependent manner when added in vitro to calcium-albumin solutions. Scatchard analysis demonstrated that 0.1 mM oleic acid increased the number of calcium-binding sites on the albumin molecule (from three to five sites per molecule) without altering binding affinity. A similar effect was found when we performed Scatchard analyses of ether extracts in serum from three critically ill patients (number of calcium-binding sites increased from three to six). We also found that lipid infusions (during parenteral nutrition) lowered mean serum ionized calcium values in six critically ill patients [4.6 +/- 0.2 (+/- SEM) to 4.1 +/- 0.2 mg/dL; P less than 0.05]. These data support the concept that FFAs increase calcium binding to the albumin molecule. Alterations in FFA concentrations during critical illness may contribute to the poor correlation between corrected total serum calcium and ionized calcium concentrations in critically ill patients. In addition, acute elevations in circulating FFA concentrations may contribute to hypocalcemia in patients with defects in bone calcium mobilization.

Btw, nice pics Pino. Wink

(24-01-2016, 07:25 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  

Fish/algae EPA/DHA is mandatory, but you don't need a lot unless you're getting too much omega-6. Flax is optional, used for fine-tuning EPA/DPA and perhaps for the lignans. I take sesame lignans, so I only take flax out of a perfectionistic desire to get below the 60% omega-6 target. Flax is mainly omega-3, then 9 (monounsaturated), and then 6.

(24-01-2016, 08:57 PM)Lotus Wrote:  blood serum FFA (free fatty acids) contribute to disease states, (insulin resistance , diabiates, cancer, ischemia, immune response, etc). Only 2-5% of fatty acids are unbound from albumin, the rest is bound causing these disease states. I think (imo) the FFA in blood serum (fat in our our NBE diet) makes us sluggish, like arthritic conditions (think RA). Freeing these fatty acids is a big deal, least not we forgot, hormones are tightly bound in albumin with similar binding percentage.

A few ways to fix this, e.g. fast for 12-14 hours, low dose aspirin........exercise. And it looks like FFA's reduces calcium.........PM also reduces calcium, I'm guessing because manufacturers knew that PM lowers the parathyroid. But, would they have known about FFA's causing these disease states?. dunno. That fact is, the same could be said for PUFA's, n6's, the ratio (imo) should be 1:3 n6 to n3.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656504/

FREE, I.E., NONESTERIFIED, fatty acids (FFA) are major substrates for energy metabolism, and consequently large quantities of FFA have to be supplied to peripheral cells. Since FFA are highly insoluble in the aqueous phase, their major proportion is transported in blood bound to albumin, thereby keeping the concentration of unbound FFA extremely low (1)⇓. However, the efficient binding of FFA to albumin not only mediates their solubility, but also prevents direct effects of unbound FFA on various cellular functions. Activation, degranulation, and cytolytic functions of lymphocytes in particular are inhibited in vitro by the naturally prevailing cis-unsaturated species of unbound FFA (2⇓3⇓4⇓5⇓6)⇓. Accordingly, diseases with increased serum FFA concentrations such as diabetes mellitus (7)⇓, cancer (8⇓, 9)⇓, and states of ischemia (10⇓, 11)⇓ are often associated with disturbances in immune function (12⇓, 13)⇓. Since activation of T lymphocytes plays a pivotal role for initiating immune response and cell-mediated cytotoxic activity, inhibition of lymphocyte activation by elevated serum FFA levels could evoke a clinically relevant immunosuppressive effect.

http://www.fasebj.org/content/14/7/939.full

-----------------------

binding: a cause for misinterpretation of serum calcium values and hypocalcemia in critical illness.
Zaloga GP, Willey S, Tomasic P, Chernow B.
Abstract
FFAs are bound with calcium on the albumin molecule. We hypothesized that changes in circulating FFA levels during critical illness altered calcium-albumin binding. We found that serum from both normal subjects and critically ill patients contained an ether-extractable factor which lowered ionized calcium concentrations and increased albumin-calcium binding. This factor was found in higher concentrations in serum from ill patients. Oleic acid and palmitic acid increased albumin-calcium binding from 2-28% in a dose-dependent manner when added in vitro to calcium-albumin solutions. Scatchard analysis demonstrated that 0.1 mM oleic acid increased the number of calcium-binding sites on the albumin molecule (from three to five sites per molecule) without altering binding affinity. A similar effect was found when we performed Scatchard analyses of ether extracts in serum from three critically ill patients (number of calcium-binding sites increased from three to six). We also found that lipid infusions (during parenteral nutrition) lowered mean serum ionized calcium values in six critically ill patients [4.6 +/- 0.2 (+/- SEM) to 4.1 +/- 0.2 mg/dL; P less than 0.05]. These data support the concept that FFAs increase calcium binding to the albumin molecule. Alterations in FFA concentrations during critical illness may contribute to the poor correlation between corrected total serum calcium and ionized calcium concentrations in critically ill patients. In addition, acute elevations in circulating FFA concentrations may contribute to hypocalcemia in patients with defects in bone calcium mobilization.

Btw, nice pics Pino. Wink
LOL,,,, OKAY now the simple answer to my question please,,,? because all this doesn't get any closer to understanding ,,,and thanks Lotus,, do you see any growth? I think its pretty clear in the images,,

OMG girl, I have total boob envy :p

Congrats chica on the growth Smile

Pinno, clean out your PM box.. I was trying to send you a reply, but yours is at the limit and it wont let me. Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon