Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Would you consider this GID?

I guess, I am just not up on the psycho babble and such.

But, would you consider, and to what degree, that a person... That was satisfied most of his life to be a man, and wanting boobs, and a feminine shape and cross-dress..... Would that be under the umbrella of GID and what have ya??

(29-01-2016, 08:25 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I guess, I am just not up on the psycho babble and such.

But, would you consider, and to what degree, that a person... That was satisfied most of his life to be a man, and wanting boobs, and a feminine shape and cross-dress..... Would that be under the umbrella of GID and what have ya??

Nope. Since you are happy being a man there does not seem to be much up with your gender. I would therefore class it as either a fetish or AGP.

(29-01-2016, 09:02 PM)rofl981 Wrote:  Nope. Since you are happy being a man there does not seem to be much up with your gender. I would therefore class it as either a fetish or AGP.

Hmmmm, that's a thought. So how can a person tell rather it's one or the other????

If you're crossdressing, it could be GID. Guess it depends on why you're crossdressing. But modifying your body does not mean GID. Funny how if a man want's his breasts to be bigger, people automatically assume he wants to be a woman, but if a woman gets a breast reduction (or build muscles or not shave), we never assume they wish to be a man.

(29-01-2016, 08:25 PM)iaboy Wrote:  That was satisfied most of his life to be a man, and wanting boobs, and a feminine shape and cross-dress..... Would that be under the umbrella of GID and what have ya??

I think you answered your own question here!
Your future is in your hands, so to speak. You want you to be all things feminine, boobs, shape, dress. There is not much left than to change you profile to "iagirl"
Hugs
Bobbi

(29-01-2016, 10:03 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(29-01-2016, 09:02 PM)rofl981 Wrote:  Nope. Since you are happy being a man there does not seem to be much up with your gender. I would therefore class it as either a fetish or AGP.

Hmmmm, that's a thought. So how can a person tell rather it's one or the other????

It is quite straightforward really. It all hinges on identity. Someone with GID is not happy with their Gender Identity, thus the name of the condition.

Being a man with larger breasts does not really affect your gender identity - millions of men have the large breast and they are still men and happy to be men.

If you deliberately grow breasts and then develop sexual gratification from playing with your own breasts then you are starting to skirt the fringes of what might be classed as a fetish, it probably depends how erotic and how often you indulge. The definition of a fetish is when the amount of sexual gratification is "abnormal" for the activity in question. AGP is another whole can of worms.

But if you do not find being a man to be alarming, repugnant, upsetting, horrible or just plain wrong then there is not much wrong with your gender identity and so a diagnosis of GID is unlikely.

(29-01-2016, 08:25 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I guess, I am just not up on the psycho babble and such.

Maybe gender deviation would be the most fitting term? Or perhaps androgynous?

(30-01-2016, 12:09 AM)OHboobs Wrote:  Funny how if a man want's his breasts to be bigger, people automatically assume he wants to be a woman, but if a woman gets a breast reduction (or build muscles or not shave), we never assume they wish to be a man.

To be fair, I think this can work in reverse in other areas. For instance, if a man gets laser treatments to reduce his facial hair I doubt people will automatically assume he wants to be a woman. (Unless he also wears makeup and earrings. Wink) However, if a woman wants to start to grow facial hair, I imagine most people would assume she wants to be a man. I think there's a big difference between lessening a natural secondary sexual characteristic and embracing a characteristic of the opposite sex.

There are practical reasons for both sexes to reduce their secondary sexual characteristics. In the example I gave earlier, the man may be tired of razor burns, spending lots of money on expensive shaving equipment, or he works in an industry that requires men always be clean shaven. The same logic can be used for women who get a breast reduction or binds her breasts. Maybe she feels her breasts are too big for her frame, she may have an impossible time shopping for the right bra size, or they can get in her way too often. There's no reason outside of GID for a woman to want to grow facial hair or for a man to want to grow breasts. There's nothing unmanly or unfeminine about being practical.

(29-01-2016, 08:25 PM)iaboy Wrote:  But, would you consider, and to what degree, that a person... That was satisfied most of his life to be a man, and wanting boobs, and a feminine shape and cross-dress..... Would that be under the umbrella of GID and what have ya??

Maybe less gender dysphoria and more body dysphoria.

I agree on certain points here but
Even if agp it can still be gid as many agp people do transition

Agp can morph as often it is just a stage like an onion as levels peel off

But saying that there are many totally happy males have grown breasts and that's that and are happy.

Julie

I don't like agp to be honest. Sure, it certainly exists but I think it is overused in trans circles and doesn't apply in most cases where the term is used.

Autogynephilia in the strictest sense is a sexual attraction to ourselves as the opposite gender. But what we think of as agp, ie arousal from the idea of ourselves as the opposite gender, could very well be considered a manifestation of dysphoria, or even a coping method.

Just my 2 cents. Rolleyes I'm no psychologist.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon